Nashville Predators at Montreal Canadiens | January 20th, 2015 | 1930 EST

lazy26

La la la la, awful nice day out today!

How bout that exciting All Star weekend eh. :hyper: Some glad habs get a week off, when they just had one off 3 weeks ago.

Does it really make them enough $ to actually have this gong-show, maybe kids like it I suppose?

nicely done.

Happy to say, just not enough bad stuff about Habs to criticize/make fun of to keep focused simply on team maybe?

"Idle hands..."

Not that I am not as bad an offender trying to egg you on. :ph34r:

But should be a 'happy' year to be HabFan, with too much good stuff to get too pissed off.

Then there are people who just comment about the bickering as if they are above it. If you have unpopular opinions which you pretend are facts, either get prepared to defend them, or start your own message board or blog.

So you do own a mirror, right?

Happy to say, just not enough bad stuff about Habs to criticize/make fun of to keep focused simply on team maybe?

"Idle hands..."

But should be a 'happy' year to be HabFan, with too much good stuff to get too pissed off.

I know there are some pissed off guys on this forum. I just know that I am not one of them. Nor are you Don.

I know there are some pissed off guys on this forum. I just know that I am not one of them. Nor are you Don.

Nor I

:Bulldogs: Dogs win back to back home and away games against marlies. Andrigetto getting ot winner at in Toronto a few minutes ago.

Pissed ? Why ?

9ooePs.png

No reason to be really but some guys just have their own issues and can't handle it if someone disagrees with them or posts too many times apparently. I see ways I think the team can improve, but it don't make me pissed off.

No reason to be really but some guys just have their own issues and can't handle it if someone disagrees with them or posts too many times apparently. I see ways I think the team can improve, but it don't make me pissed off.

Yep.

It's ok Lovett's my friend, I still enjoy your twisted views ;)

There is a BIG difference in pissed off and annoyed and agitated, lol...

"Idle hands..."

It's cliche but we're defined by what we love.Some hockey leagues are wondering whether or not to ban parents from kids' games. What is THAT all about... talk about driven... I'm told that US education is about desperate parents of desperate teens desparately trying to get into exactly the right private school to set themselves up for exactly the right college.. so they can land a big money job,

I'm reading Ross Douthat's "Privelege: Harvard and the Education of the Ruliing Class." https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/450429.Privilege

It ain't about education.. Harvard courses are with some notable exceptions fluff. The rigorous intellectual discipline of the liberal arts ..doesn't exist there. So what is a student? What is a hockey team , and what is a fan?

What is the end or purpose of such things an Aristotelian asks. Once its purpose is seen , it's principle of intelligibility or meaning, then one can judge what constitutes ad good university, hockey team, student, professor, player , coach or fan. We are drawn to the masculine beauty of the sport (however risque that might sound..and no.. its not sexist) and we identify with the struggle manifest on our screen. And we pour ourselves into the players and team (with some excellent co-travellers for company) and pour our hearts out to one another .. the good, the bad ,. and the ugly.. which we've all got.

Ain't life grand?

It's cliche but we're defined by what we love.Some hockey leagues are wondering whether or not to ban parents from kids' games. What is THAT all about... talk about driven... I'm told that US education is about desperate parents of desperate teens desparately trying to get into exactly the right private school to set themselves up for exactly the right college.. so they can land a big money job,

I'm reading Ross Douthat's "Privelege: Harvard and the Education of the Ruliing Class." https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/450429.Privilege

It ain't about education.. Harvard courses are with some notable exceptions fluff. The rigorous intellectual discipline of the liberal arts ..doesn't exist there. So what is a student? What is a hockey team , and what is a fan?

What is the end or purpose of such things an Aristotelian asks. Once its purpose is seen , it's principle of intelligibility or meaning, then one can judge what constitutes ad good university, hockey team, student, professor, player , coach or fan. We are drawn to the masculine beauty of the sport (however risque that might sound..and no.. its not sexist) and we identify with the struggle manifest on our screen. And we pour ourselves into the players and team (with some excellent co-travellers for company) and pour our hearts out to one another .. the good, the bad ,. and the ugly.. which we've all got.

Ain't life grand?

I knew Clint Eastwood would get in there somewhere. :)

It's ok Lovett's my friend, I still enjoy your twisted views ;)

There is a BIG difference in pissed off and annoyed and agitated, lol...

Meh, some just sulk at having monster trucks driven through their holes in logic.

Check out the last page, no answer from Habs 30/31 about who has CP as the consensus MVP or how the Blues would improve last year's performance in the Playoffs with a better goalie. Then the coterie of wisdom rides in on their horses to save the damsell in distress.

You know from your fly fishing forum that sometimes people with a lack of knowledge have to be put in their place when they spoil the experience for everyone. I don't mind being that guy (since I'm an American, of course) and speaking up for the quality of the board. I'm sure I would get the same response if I spammed a mechanical engineering board with 50 nonsensical posts a day about design theory and physics.

The truth hurts.

• Upvote 1

Meh, some just sulk at having monster trucks driven through their holes in logic.

Check out the last page, no answer from Habs 30/31 about who has CP as the consensus MVP or how the Blues would improve last year's performance in the Playoffs with a better goalie. Then the coterie of wisdom rides in on their horses to save the damsell in distress.

You know from your fly fishing forum that sometimes people with a lack of knowledge have to be put in their place when they spoil the experience for everyone. I don't mind being that guy (since I'm an American, of course) and speaking up for the quality of the board. I'm sure I would get the same response if I spammed a mechanical engineering board with 50 nonsensical posts a day about design theory and physics.

The truth hurts.

I know what yer sayin' bud, all too well... :thumbs_up: