White, Schultz recalled, Schultz down Feb. 13

dlbalr

I hate the B's ,but they stick up for each other like no other team., I really hope White doesn't play Wednesday. he has a bullseye on him,along with P.K. Schultz would have ran some interference for him. Thornton,Lucic Mcquaid will be fighting/running them,and there isn't a damn thing we can do about it.Except cry to the refs and the league to protect us.And I don't think the refs are going to be protecting P.K. Oh,we may get a couple extra PP's. Whoopee

Back when this team had talent they would just ignore it, piss the Bruins off and win by the scoreboard.

Seems like since the Pacioretty hit they don't have the confidence to do that anymore.

Carolina is 4-0 against the Bruins this season.

They don't have an enforcer.

They've beaten the bruins this year by going out, playing hockey, not fighting, pissing off Boston, and watching the Bruins implode. You don't need to stoop to the Bruins level to beat them.

Last I checked, they still measure the winner of a hockey game by who scored more goals, not by who won more fights.

Carolina is 4-0 against the Bruins this season.

They don't have an enforcer.

They've beaten the bruins this year by going out, playing hockey, not fighting, pissing off Boston, and watching the Bruins implode. You don't need to stoop to the Bruins level to beat them.

Last I checked, they still measure the winner of a hockey game by who scored more goals, not by who won more fights.

That's BS and short sided. You can't claim that the Hurricanes are a better team than the Bruins, some teams psychologically bring problems for certain teams. Like the Canadiens in the last 3 years, when the B's should have won the season series everytime. The top teams in the Eastern conference are stacked with players who fight, if not enforcers Boston-Lucic, Thorton, McQuaid, Horton, Campbell. New York Rangers-Prust, Rupp, Deveaux, Avery, Dubinsky, Bickel Philadelphia Flyers- Shelley, Sestito, Rinaldo, Bourdon, Simmonds. That's five fighters per team! The East getting bigger and rougher, we've gotten smaller and softer, and guess what we are? Losers, 14th place losers.

There's a difference between a fighter and an enforcer. Sean Thornton played in the Cup finals last year with the Bruins. Just because the Laraque experiment didn't work doesn't mean this team doesn't need toughness.

And another thing! Why the hell didn't Emelin fight Anthony Steward last night? I know he was thinking about it. What's the worse that could happen? Actually maybe he shouldn't. With the way he hits he might have to fight 2 or three times a game.

And another thing! Why the hell didn't Emelin fight Anthony Steward last night? I know he was thinking about it. What's the worse that could happen? Actually maybe he shouldn't. With the way he hits he might have to fight 2 or three times a game.

Doesn't Emelin have metal plates in his face from a previous fight in the KHL?

I don't think he's actually able to fight because of the plates.

• Upvote 1

Doesn't Emelin have metal plates in his face from a previous fight in the KHL?

I don't think he's actually able to fight because of the plates.

Exact. Don't know if he can't fight because of it, but yeah, he has some. Thanks to Chistov.

There's a difference between a fighter and an enforcer.  Sean Thornton played in the Cup finals last year with the Bruins.  Just because the Laraque experiment didn't work doesn't mean this team doesn't need toughness.

And another thing!  Why the hell didn't Emelin fight Anthony Steward last night?  I know he was thinking about it.  What's the worse that could happen?  Actually maybe he shouldn't.  With the way he hits he might have to fight 2 or three times a game.

This team has a ton of big, physical wingers now.  There are a ton of guys who battle in corners, who take the body and throw hits, who go to the front of the net, and who have the size to do all these things.  With Gionta out, all of our wingers are over 6'0 and 200lbs.  There are also not goons, but guys who have been known to drop the gloves on occassion in Moen, White, Blunden, and Bourque.  If this still needs more, what are you asking for if not an "enforcer".Again Shawn Thornton is the only "enforcer" in the last 6 years to play a single playoff game for a Stanley Cup Champion.  If this position is so necessary to winning, why have 5 of the last 6 cup champs not even used one for a single playoff game?

The guys who have dressed for those Cup Champions are equivalent to the Ryan Whites, and Travis Moens in terms of fighting ability. So why does this team need a guy who will be significantly tougher than that?

Exact. Don't know if he can't fight because of it, but yeah, he has some. Thanks to Chistov.

It was Svitov. If Emelin got beat up by Chistov, well, we'd know why Emelin doesn't fight: he got beat up by a soft crappy scorer that's like 5'10". At least Svitov is a 6'3" centre in the Holik mould that didn't pan out. :)

Man, I'm excited for next season's Bulldogs. Gallagher, Holland, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis, Pateryn and the leftovers from this year's team. Can't say I get down to the Hammer to go see them, but I like to hear about how they're doing. It'll be fun to hear how they all develop playing against the big boys.

Don't forget Bournival, our most criminally underrated prospect.

Don't forget Bournival, our most criminally underrated prospect.

And the most important piece in Hamilton next season? To help guide and mentor all our young prospects? Scott Gomez!!!!
  • Upvote 1

This team has a ton of big, physical wingers now. There are a ton of guys who battle in corners, who take the body and throw hits, who go to the front of the net, and who have the size to do all these things. With Gionta out, all of our wingers are over 6'0 and 200lbs. There are also not goons, but guys who have been known to drop the gloves on occassion in Moen, White, Blunden, and Bourque. If this still needs more, what are you asking for if not an "enforcer".Again Shawn Thornton is the only "enforcer" in the last 6 years to play a single playoff game for a Stanley Cup Champion. If this position is so necessary to winning, why have 5 of the last 6 cup champs not even used one for a single playoff game?

The guys who have dressed for those Cup Champions are equivalent to the Ryan Whites, and Travis Moens in terms of fighting ability. So why does this team need a guy who will be significantly tougher than that?

Spot on Commandant.

Ryan White is exactly the kind of player to weave into this roster to add some grit. He can skate, he has some scoring ability, and he can hit and fight. Team toughness is valued far more than an individual enforcer in today's game. The players mentioned on NYR/PHI/BOS are all regular roster guys who just happen to be big and like to hit and fight. But they also block shots, take a regular 3rd or 4th line shift, and aren't huge defensive liabilities when they are on the ice.

Try to catch a BOS vs. NYR/PHI game one night when they are matched up together. BOS is not the same team as when they play the Leafs/Habs/Sens. They get out hit most of the time, and they get dance partners anytime they desire. When they aren't able to intimidate their opponent, they are a good hockey team but certainly beatable by alot of others around the league.