2012 playoff pool

sakiqc

There's a free playoff pool at cbc.ca and I created a group for HW. It's a pretty simple concept, you set your lineup adhering to a salary cap (which consists of 30 pucks). You get to set your lineup for the 1st round and you can change it for the 2nd round and again prior to the conference finals. Feel free to join:

group name: HabsWorld_net

password: 25cups

EDIT: THE LOGIN INFO IS THE SAME FOR THE 2012 EDITION. JOIN IN!

http://hockeypool.cb...bc/hnicp12/home

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody's killing me. Also doesn't help that I'm down 2 players due to injury already. Brodeur and Toews have been major disappointments so far.

Yeah, I've got Toews. But my biggest dissapointment is Duncan Keith. I pegged him as my "superstar" d-man over guys like Lidstrom and Chara. He's got nadda so far, only guy on my team with 0 points.

Mike Richards on the other hand has been a pleasant surprise. Jimmy Howard got me 6 points alone last night, put me back ahead of blaze in 2nd.

Joe is kinda running away with it though, lol

Yeah, I've got Toews. But my biggest dissapointment is Duncan Keith. I pegged him as my "superstar" d-man over guys like Lidstrom and Chara. He's got nadda so far, only guy on my team with 0 points.

Mike Richards on the other hand has been a pleasant surprise. Jimmy Howard got me 6 points alone last night, put me back ahead of blaze in 2nd.

I have Howard too, but didn't star him since I figured NJ (Brodeur) would be able to win the series, I wasn't so sure with Detroit.

Imagine if I my dmen would not suck that much. Boyle has 6 pts (that's because I "superstared" him, Green and Carle have 1 each and Edler 0 !!!

I am MAYBE running with the first round, but the war isn't over...

I starred Parise because I thought NJ-PHI would be the longest series. I didn't take Crosby even though I guessed he'd have a better PPG but in a shorter series. However, I never expected Sid would score at that pace.. wow

I starred Parise because I thought NJ-PHI would be the longest series. I didn't take Crosby even though I guessed he'd have a better PPG but in a shorter series. However, I never expected Sid would score at that pace.. wow

Leave it to me to take Malkin over Crosby, just to be different...what was I thinking?

Leave it to me to take Malkin over Crosby, just to be different...what was I thinking?

Same here, wanted to be different. And I guess most contestants will pick Crosby in the 2nd round. So even if we select him we have no chance to catch the others. We have to bet on someone else and hope Crosby slow down. Our only chance to get that KIA Sorento!!

Same here, wanted to be different. And I guess most contestants will pick Crosby in the 2nd round. So even if we select him we have no chance to catch the others. We have to bet on someone else and hope Crosby slow down. Our only chance to get that KIA Sorento!!

I didn't read the entire rulebook. Can we select the same players in the 2nd round or we burned them ???

So far only 4th place. Sucks that Vanek got hurt but he was one of my question marks to begin with. Miller wasn't a help either so I'm just hoping that series is extended so he can make me up some points. having Howard star'd may help me if Detroit wins that series.

JoeLassister killing us big time.

So far only 4th place. Sucks that Vanek got hurt but he was one of my question marks to begin with. Miller wasn't a help either so I'm just hoping that series is extended so he can make me up some points. having Howard star'd may help me if Detroit wins that series.

JoeLassister killing us big time.

Props to me for picking Brian Boucher...

Ya I was sure he would choke. Smart call.

I was trying to pick a different goalie to make the difference and the Flyers were something like 4-2 against NJ this season so decided to go with it. (And Boucher is cheap...)

I was trying to pick a different goalie to make the difference and the Flyers were something like 4-2 against NJ this season so decided to go with it. (And Boucher is cheap...)

5-1 actually. It was a smart move, most Devils fans knew they were going to be eliminated pretty quickly once they found out they had to play Philly. I tried to go the cheap goalie route too with Brian Elliott but that didn't exactly work out.

It's gone kind of under the radar but the Devils are playoff chokers.

Won round 1 but not by 20pts like it was a few days ago.

Go make your 2nd round picks guys !!!

Edit : Not very proud of myself, went with 2 players from Pittsburgh...

Edited by JoeLassister

Brian is bouncing back with a good Brian Rafalski pick ! It totally beats my Brent Seabrook pick so far...

He's been solid both rounds for me actually, got me 10 points in Round 1 alone.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked all FLyers and Sharks players.. Being in the bottom, I thought that was my only chance to catch up you guys.

BTW dlbalr, I think you got screwed there.. you picked players from both teams. We can't change picks before the SCF

I picked all FLyers and Sharks players.. Being in the bottom, I thought that was my only chance to catch up you guys.

BTW dlbalr, I think you got screwed there.. you picked players from both teams. We can't change picks before the SCF

Done by design - rather than loading up on possibly the wrong teams (those getting eliminated this round), I've hedged my bets and will have either 5 or 7 players still in the finals. Say the Habs and Hawks win, you'll be toast but I'll still have players left. It's a risky strategy, but we'll see how it plays out.

Done by design - rather than loading up on possibly the wrong teams (those getting eliminated this round), I've hedged my bets and will have either 5 or 7 players still in the finals. Say the Habs and Hawks win, you'll be toast but I'll still have players left. It's a risky strategy, but we'll see how it plays out.

The gamble played out reasonably well, only 1 person (jetsniper) has more players than I do - he has 8, I have 7. Unfortunately, he's only a few points behind me, it'll be tough to hold on.