Injury news

Commandant

Eller now cleared for contact in practice.

That means Andrighetto's time with the big club is about to come to an end. If he's in a fourth line/healthy scratch role, it's better to send him down. It's not like Hamilton can't use the bodies - with de la Rose off to the WJC's, they just signed a fringe ECHL'er to get to 12 active forwards.

Edit: And down Andrighetto goes...

Weaver also has been cleared for contact. I doubt they'll make a roster move there until Allen is also green-lit.

So much for young players forcing the coach's hand. I guess production doesn't count.

That means Andrighetto's time with the big club is about to come to an end. If he's in a fourth line/healthy scratch role, it's better to send him down. It's not like Hamilton can't use the bodies - with de la Rose off to the WJC's, they just signed a fringe ECHL'er to get to 12 active forwards.

Edit: And down Andrighetto goes...

Weaver also has been cleared for contact. I doubt they'll make a roster move there until Allen is also green-lit.

Production counts, but so does the roster of both Hamilton, and the salary cap for the Habs. Not to mention keeping Andrighetto sharp, and developing.

At this point, Eller is the better player, making the most money, an NHL'er anyway. No brainer...

Yes, the way dogs are playing lately he will be fine playing in Hamilton till more injuries (MUMPS?) crop up and He/Hudon may be battling each other for call up, which is all-good for Habs.

Will be nice to see all of Weaver, Allan and Eller all healthy again.

Habs play on road from Dec 23rd till Jan 3rd and will be nice to have options, say for mixing up 3rd pairing d, or centres.

Yes, the way dogs are playing lately he will be fine playing in Hamilton till more injuries (MUMPS?) crop up and He/Hudon may be battling each other for call up, which is all-good for Habs.

Will be nice to see all of Weaver, Allan and Eller all healthy again.

Habs play on road from Dec 23rd till Jan 3rd and will be nice to have options, say for mixing up 3rd pairing d, or centres.

I mean, personally I could do with fewer options on D. More options means Allen might play.

If option is to sit em, then all good, but just is better to have a 'capable' experienced d-man if need be and much better than paying for him to sit home injured.

And I don't mind any of Gilbert, Allan, Weaver as a #5-7 d-man, they have some strengths and weaknesses (Gilbert is some soft for a d-man though).

Guest Stogey24

Day-to-day = concussion protocol?

Exactly. Day to day tells nothing. It looked a lot like abdomin or his hip. He couldn't posture up after the hit

Production counts, but so does the roster of both Hamilton, and the salary cap for the Habs. Not to mention keeping Andrighetto sharp, and developing.

At this point, Eller is the better player, making the most money, an NHL'er anyway. No brainer...

Agreed. Great that he came up big during his visit, but he has an organization wide assesment going on, and how he happens to do in three games just adds a tiny piece to that assessment. Just the same way a triple layered chocolate cake adds a tiny piece to my ass..... oh.. never mind....

apparently a game time decision.so that means he will play. He has a reputation to uphold. :halm:

That'd be super.. you never know how much you value someone until they're gone. Speaking of former girlfriends.. I'd like to...

Great news.

So glad he's not seriously hurt. Excellent news. Merci le bon Dieu.

Day-to-day = concussion protocol?

My company lists me as day to day.

Incompetence protocol.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I thought they'd play him a bit more before doing that. Oh well.

As for injury news, Parenteau isn't skating. He's still being listed as day-to-day with an upper body injury.

Good thing.

With the game tomorrow and then another 3 days break, no need to rush Parenteau.