WJC 2014

ICEWATER77

Looked like Fucale dropped puck on both goals against.

Was at the game. He did. Also showed bad rebound control throughout game. If other guy is real good tomorrow night i think he will get the nod to start game one.

Canada looked great even without McDavid and Lazaro. Nurse on D is very nice hockey player. Well rounded, smart, skates effortlessly, oozing with talent. Ducal on loan from the Rangers lightning fast and can carry the puck end to end at will. Domi was buzzing all over the offensive zone. Canada peppering the russian goalie with shots but rarely any second shots. Paul laying on the body. He and Gautier looked physically dominant. Switch goalies last night and its a slaughter.

I wouldn't bet the farm on that!

Coyotes are thinking he is the real deal

Looking forward to see how de la Rose looks vs his Canadian peers today. He has been doing 'OK' in Hamilton and should be a standout vs teenagers.

He was very good at wjt last year. Big expectations this year.

Guest Stogey24

Still think Domi is just a super junior player like a Nigel Dawes was, but never be much of NHLer.

I think Domi being sent back to the O says a lot about his development. I don't see him being a stand out player in the NHL either.

I watched the Canada-Sweden game yesterday, de la Rose didn't look too bad. Not surprisingly, he looked to be a bit slow in reacting in the offensive zone. Spending all season in a checking role with mediocre linemates in Hamilton likely has something to do with that. He's going to be a key player for them in this tournament for sure though.

lil Lehkonen gets 1g and shootout winner, which is great to hear after basically being shutout for last month in SHL.

Reway/Fucale sat out

de la Rose looks bigger this year

Naw, age cut-off is fine by me, not matter status.

Maybe NHL draft age of 17 is simply too young, I would support an increase by a year or two in that for sure.

I don't like the fact that Lazar, Due Larose etc are playing. The WJC should be strictly for amateurs.

Most prospects on international WJC teams play in their countries' pro leagues. If it has to be amateur status, that would be a huge blow for all those nations.

For those who want to flip to something during the Habs-Isles game tonight, Fucale gets the start for Canada in their final exhibition game against the Swiss.

I should also note that all three of Montreal's skater prospects appear to be captains for their respective teams. I don't know if Sweden/Slovakia have made the appointments official or not but DLR/Reway are wearing the C in their exhibition games tonight. (Lehkonen's captaincy was announced a while ago.)

Looks like McCarron was cut from team USA. All I seen of him lately has been destroying some Bruins in preseason and looking up his impressive stats this year in the O. Wonder why he didn't make it

Looks like McCarron was cut from team USA. All I seen of him lately has been destroying some Bruins in preseason and looking up his impressive stats this year in the O. Wonder why he didn't make it

Team USA is trying to beat Canada and Sweden with a speed game.

Most prospects on international WJC teams play in their countries' pro leagues. If it has to be amateur status, that would be a huge blow for all those nations.

I thought about that, but in the case of many prospects, wouldn't they rather keep a talented kid on the fourth line instead of demoting them, like Collberg on Frolunda? Their feeder league system might work differently for all I know.

For those who want to flip to something during the Habs-Isles game tonight, Fucale gets the start for Canada in their final exhibition game against the Swiss.

I should also note that all three of Montreal's skater prospects appear to be captains for their respective teams. I don't know if Sweden/Slovakia have made the appointments official or not but DLR/Reway are wearing the C in their exhibition games tonight. (Lehkonen's captaincy was announced a while ago.)

CHaracter!

I thought about that, but in the case of many prospects, wouldn't they rather keep a talented kid on the fourth line instead of demoting them, like Collberg on Frolunda? Their feeder league system might work differently for all I know.

A lot of prospects go back and forth. They were noting on the CAN-RUS broadcast the other day that most of the Russians in the lineup played on three different teams already that season, their junior team, their equivalent of the AHL, and the KHL. It's the same for other countries - if they're not getting big minutes with the pro team, they'll see some time at the lower level. As a result, most of the top international prospects would be ineligible when they're 17 or 18 as they often get their first sniff of top league action at that age.

I didn't get to see too much of the FIN-US game since my attention was on the Spengler Cup game (Canada lost) but I watched most of the third period. Lehkonen looked really good. It's not that he had any high-end, flashy plays but he played smart. When the puck was at the point on the PP, he went right to the top of the crease right away. Defensively, he was consistently in the right spot, making the right plays. He also drew a couple of penalties and scored in the shootout.

Fucale vs Reway coming up in an hour and a half while de la Rose's Swedes are up heading into the 3rd against the Czechs.

I didn't get to see too much of the FIN-US game since my attention was on the Spengler Cup game (Canada lost) but I watched most of the third period. Lehkonen looked really good. It's not that he had any high-end, flashy plays but he played smart. When the puck was at the point on the PP, he went right to the top of the crease right away. Defensively, he was consistently in the right spot, making the right plays. He also drew a couple of penalties and scored in the shootout.

Fucale vs Reway coming up in an hour and a half while de la Rose's Swedes are up heading into the 3rd against the Czechs.

Lehkonen looked good indeed. But what about Eichel? The young man will be quite a player.