The Official TV Thread

jetsniper

Just got done watching the premiere of Lost (OMG, LOVE THAT SHOW) and now I'm halfway through Invasion. I'ts been decent so far, I think I'll keep watching it. With all the premieres and stuff this week, I figured this would be a good topic. Anyway, just list what shows you watch and whatnot, guess I might as well start off.

* means I still have to see the premiere/episode

Sunday: Family Guy, American Dad, The Simpsons, Desperate Housewives (what? Eva Longoria is friggin hot >_>)

Monday: Prison Break, Surface, Arrested Development, RAW

Tuesday: My Name Is Earl, The Office, Supernatural*

Wednesday: Lost, Invasion

Thursday: Alias, Smallville, Night Stalkers*, CSI

Friday: Threshold, Ghost Whisperer*

And 24 whenever they decide what day to put it on. Probably Mondays again but it doesn't start till January.

Edited by jetsniper

Originally posted by Dutch_Habs_Fan
Originally posted by jetsniper

And 24 whenever they decide what day to put it on. Probably Mondays again but it doesn't start till January.

Elisha Cuthbert is Friggin' hot :D

Hell yeah. Shes from just outside my hometown too, Three Hils, Alberta :D. They wrote her off the show though :(

Over the course of the last 2 months I've seen every episode of 24. My dad started watching it early in season 4 and really liked, so when we got a month long movie pass from blockbuster (Unlimited rentals for 1 month) we watched the first three seasons on DVD. Then 2 weeks ago A&E ran all of season 4 in a marathon, so I taped them all and just finished them last night.

It will be interesting to see how Jack comes back in season 5.

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

I miss JAG and Enterprise.

Every day i can enjoy she sight of Catherine bell. Here in holland the broadcast it everyday (early evening). Probably all re-runs, but that doesnt make her less pretty :D

I didnt watch 24, but i know Elisha is in. Seen lots of movies with her, she's so hot. One of my favorites is "girl next door"

Only thing i watch on tv is sports, and old episodes of Seinfeld (allthough i know them all, i still watch them. Big Kramer fan). Sometimes i watch movies or a episode of something. BUt don't follow a show closely....

Over the course of the last 2 months I've seen every episode of 24.  My dad started watching it early in season 4 and really liked, so when we got a month long movie pass from blockbuster (Unlimited rentals for 1 month) we watched the first three seasons on DVD.  Then 2 weeks ago A&E ran all of season 4 in a marathon, so I taped them all and just finished them last night.  

It will be interesting to see how Jack comes back in season 5.

Yeah, my dads been watching since the first season. I watched the first season, half the second season and the 4th season. We have the first 3 on DVD so I need to watch the parts I've missed

@Dutch, I love Seinfeld. I've got the first 3 seasons on DVD ^_^

You guys need to pick up the first season of Lost and start watching it. Easily one of the most intriguing shows on television.

Originally posted by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Every day i can enjoy she sight of Catherine bell. Here in holland the broadcast it everyday (early evening). Probably all re-runs, but that doesnt make her  less pretty :D

They've been running daily re-runs of JAG for years, so I've seen every episode multiple times. The first 5 or so seasons were excellent, but the show got too soap-opera like in some of the later seasons. They seemed to lack a lot of the good natured humor of earlier seasons and the action.

I watched the first season, half the second season and the 4th season. We have the first 3 on DVD so I need to watch the parts I've missed

Oh man, you need to finish season 2, I think it's the best one. Granted, that may only be because it was the first season I saw. We watched season 2 first because disc 1 of season one wasn't available when we started the rental thing.

[Edited on 9-22-05 by Fanpuck33]

Oh man, you need to finish season 2, I think it's the best one. Granted, that may only be because it was the first season I saw. We watched season 2 first because disc 1 of season one wasn't available when we started the rental thing.  

I think i like season one the best. The story is the most down to earth and doesnt really involve death on a large scale like the other seasons do, and it was also the first one i saw so that helps. Season 4 was definetely the weakest of them all, it was the little things that bugged me, like the car rides across LA being 5 minutes long and stuff like that. It was still the best thing on TV, but it was a notch below the other three in my opinion.

Seinfeld is another thing that i watch almost religiously. I have Seasons 1 to 4 on DVD and have seen every episode many many times but it doesn't matter, it's still hilarious.

24 IS MY FRIGGIN FAVORITE SHOW. ilove it. I have season 1-3 on dvd and watched season 5 for the second time on the A&E 24 marathon. :D

Sunday: Family Guy, Simpson, The War at home, American Dad

Monday: 24

Tuesday: Big Brother (ended last weak)

Wendsday: Aprentice :MS

Thusrday: Aprentice DT

Friday : The tournament (its good for CBC)

Saturday: HNIC:D

And will be soon be getting nhl centre ice, so hockey everynight :D

Not a whole lot. I have the Movie channels so I watch some of those. Don't watch much of any other series faithfully.

When the hockey season is on, well, you know....

The only series that I really enjoyed was 'Dead Like Me' but that's been cancelled.

Aside from that, odds and ends, that's all.

The last thing I remember from Season 2 is Kim is in the mountains being stalked by a cougar. How far in is that?

I'd say maybe a little over half. It's so hard to keep things straight, everything seems to merge together when I try to think back to when things happened relative to others.

On another topic, tonight I found out Scrubs isn't part of NBC's fall lineup. This is OUTRAGEOUS! It's the funniest sitcom left on TV now that Raymond is gone, and I like it even better than Raymond. Now I have to wait till another show gets cancelled or for the season of the stupid Apprentice ends. I HATE REALITY TV!

They've been running daily re-runs of JAG for years, so I've seen every episode multiple times. The first 5 or so seasons were excellent, but the show got too soap-opera like in some of the later seasons. They seemed to lack a lot of the good natured humor of earlier seasons and the action.

I lost most interest also, i only watch when i got nothing to do!

The last thing I remember from Season 2 is Kim is in the mountains being stalked by a cougar. How far in is that?

I'd say maybe a little over half. It's so hard to keep things straight, everything seems to merge together when I try to think back to when things happened relative to others.

On another topic, tonight I found out Scrubs isn't part of NBC's fall lineup. This is OUTRAGEOUS! It's the funniest sitcom left on TV now that Raymond is gone, and I like it even better than Raymond. Now I have to wait till another show gets cancelled or for the season of the stupid Apprentice ends. I HATE REALITY TV!

They got rid of Scrubs but have TWO versions of the ****ing Apprentice. Give me a break.

Family Guys is great... besides hockey though, i don't really watch too much TV... I'm a big fan of Survivor/Big Brother/The Apprentice ... and one of those are usually running.

I dunno, I'm usually at the movies... lol

X-Files. Oh wait, they took that off the air. *mumbles*

If you haven't seen it, take a look at Battlestar Galactica when it starts airing after Christmas. Easily the best new Sci-Fi series by far - though Threshold and Invasion look okay (have 'em taped but not watched yet).

CSI, of course. The West Wing is probably the best written show on TV. Boston Legal is hilarious. L&O Special Vics Unit is extremely well done. And I'm gonna give My Name is Earl a long look, cause I love Jason Lee.

Oh, and Everybody Hates Chris. Lots of potential for that one.

Finally, The Daily Show. Pure Genious.

Thank gawd for PVR's.

(I loved 24, but if you miss one, yer dead, and in the first season when there was a choice between hockey on the VCR while I was out at soccer, or 24? Well, the Habs won. Therefore I never went far with 24. Might have to rent it out.)

Originally posted by Guy!

(I loved 24, but if you miss one, yer dead, and in the first season when there was a choice between hockey on the VCR while I was out at soccer, or 24? Well, the Habs won. Therefore I never went far with 24. Might have to rent it out.)

Haha, the same here ... I missed one and then I never watched the rest of the 1st series. I wanted to rent the DVD but haven't done it so far.

BTW. The Sopranos were pretty cool, nice that they're re-playing it over here again.

On another topic, tonight I found out Scrubs isn't part of NBC's fall lineup. This is OUTRAGEOUS!

yeah, that sucks, but as I understand it scrubs is gonna come back mid-season. I guess it is NBC's black ace.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by TheBigRedC

Tuesday: Big Brother (ended last weak)

In Holland Big Brother started again. And yesterday the first BigBrother child was born. I don't follow it but it was all over the news here. Some pregnant lady inside the house gave birth to a daughter inside the house.

HOW SICK IS THAT??