Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Always liked Sean Couturier, how bout Wayne Simmonds for Beaulieu and a 1st, as Flyers are over the cap?

I want a 1st line RW. Simmonds isn't. I'll pass.

Always liked Sean Couturier, how bout Wayne Simmonds for Beaulieu and a 1st, as Flyers are over the cap?

always liked Simmonds..we'd probably have to move a forward in return...I wouldn't trade beaulieu, with markovs age, we should keep nb. maybe a reasonably priced guy like dd or bourque and a 1st for Simmonds? then of course if we move dd, that forces galchenyuk to 1st line c, and I don't think he's ready yet. bourque and a 1st for ws, done

Simmonds and Couturier are probably the two most loved players in the Flyers organization right now. They would deal Giroux before those two. Nobody is gonna get them.

Philly technically is over the cap but they're really not. Once the season starts, Pronger goes back to LTIR, allowing Philly to exceed the cap by up to Pronger's cap hit ($4.9 million). They're 'only' over by just over $3 million so they don't need to clear any extra salary.

Philly technically is over the cap but they're really not. Once the season starts, Pronger goes back to LTIR, allowing Philly to exceed the cap by up to Pronger's cap hit ($4.9 million). They're 'only' over by just over $3 million so they don't need to clear any extra salary.

I trullys suspect Pronger not to retire just to have his character playing in EA NHL video games.

I'll be happy for sanity sake when Savard and Pronger are off their teams salary.

You're on your way for sanity as Yashin's 2,204,000$ cap hit will be off the books after next season for the Isles. hahahahaha

Who's the talk about with the Sharks being reported over at "hit my site 'cause of the rumour I just invented" Hockey buzzon?

I don't see a fit between the teams. Thornton doesn't want to leave and I doubt Marleau does either, both have full NMC's. Couture and Pavelski are their other top forwards and the Sharks are likely building around those two.

I don't see a fit between the teams. Thornton doesn't want to leave and I doubt Marleau does either, both have full NMC's. Couture and Pavelski are their other top forwards and the Sharks are likely building around those two.

The guy I'd want is Brent Burns but I doubt we have the assets to acquire Brent Burns.

The guy I'd want is Brent Burns but I doubt we have the assets to acquire Brent Burns.

He'd be nice but he's not a forward anymore. When they let Boyle go, they said they were bumping Burns back to the blueline. That would go against this 'rumour' (if we're trying to figure out who the supposed target is).

• 2 weeks later...

Will Habs go into season with all forwards and goalies they have now? Or will a Moan and/or Budaj likely go before the season, to make room for a goon who is yet to be signed?

He'd be nice but he's not a forward anymore. When they let Boyle go, they said they were bumping Burns back to the blueline. That would go against this 'rumour' (if we're trying to figure out who the supposed target is).

he also seems to do better as a defence man now, at least from what i have read about him.

Will Habs go into season with all forwards and goalies they have now? Or will a Moan and/or Budaj likely go before the season, to make room for a goon who is yet to be signed?

I wouldn't be shocked if things stay as is. With the note from Price still not exactly being 100%, that will increase the likelihood of holding onto the three goalies unless New Jersey overpays for one of them which they don't need to do. As for the forwards, there are still a few 3rd line type of players that could be targeted for cheap one year deals (Penner, Setoguchi, and Aaltonen spring to mind, the latter expecting to sign soon and is weighing NHL/KHL offers). If they add another forward like that, then I'd expect to see one of the other depth players dealt. I could see another D signing (or re-signing) at some point though in a veteran #7 role.

As for a goon, if they're going for one, I'm starting to think they'll target someone who will take a two way deal. I can't see them wanting to carry one all season, they'd be best served shuttling one back and forth when needed...if it's determined that one is needed.

sounds logical.

But wouldn't they want a Goon who is media friendly, like maybe a Konopka, he is outspoken and confident guy eh? Or is he now signed?

sounds logical.

But wouldn't they want a Goon who is media friendly, like maybe a Konopka, he is outspoken and confident guy eh? Or is he now signed?

Konopka's not signed. His pending 20-game suspension is scaring teams away.

2nd time you reminded of his suspension (my memory not so good :nuts:) I mean, don't rememeber what he did, but imagine a headshot or something. He was more of just an example of higher profile goon that media might take a shine too and be happy to maybe sit for 40-50games in pressbox?

2nd time you reminded of his suspension (my memory not so good :nuts:) I mean, don't rememeber what he did, but imagine a headshot or something. He was more of just an example of higher profile goon that media might take a shine too and be happy to maybe sit for 40-50games in pressbox?

NEW YORKBuffalo Sabres forward Zenon Konopka has been suspended for 20 games for violating the terms of the NHL/NHLPA Performance Enhancing Substances Program.

and now you know. I don't think he fits the character thingy.