Bourque - Desharnais - Parenteau

Eller - Plekanec - Sekac

Prust - Malhotra - Weise

What about this forward lineup:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Bourque - Desharnais - Parenteau

Eller - Plekanec - Sekac

Prust - Malhotra - Weise

Galy has shown zero signs of being ready for the duty you're giving him. Splitting up DD and Patches also seems like a losing proposition. I like Line 3, though!

Patch- DD -Parenteau

galchenyuk- Eller- Gallagher

Bourque- Plex- Weise

Prust- Malholtra- Moen

bournival

sekac

DeLaRose

Andrighetto

Reway*** kids fantastic

sekac will have to earn his spot at 22 not just be handed it... Moen will get the benefit of the doubt to start the season over bournival and i can't see MT letting a veteran sit opening day if healthy and looking to rebound from a disastrous season......

Markov Subban

Emelin Gilbert

Tinordi Weaver

Beaulieau

Pateryn

Tinordi ahead of Beaulieau simply because of special teams and his big big body on the PK!!

Price

Tokarski

Budaj

Thats my opening day line up barring any more moves this offseason....

Patch- DD -Parenteau

galchenyuk- Eller- Gallagher

Bourque- Plex- Weise

Prust- Malholtra- Moen

bournival

sekac

DeLaRose

Andrighetto

Reway*** kids fantastic

Reway signed a two year deal in the Czech Republic and was notably absent from the recent development camp. He's not in the plans for the next couple of years at the very least.

kids a fantastic talent has great vision. and thats were he sits in depth right now on the habs..... in my eyes...

You could make a case for that but in reality, he's behind everybody that's actually under contract right now. They can be called up, he can't.

I think Reway would be quite useless in own end at present and his play without the puck needs maturing. 2 years overseas should be good for him.

I would put Lehkonen as better all round player as well as Bozon (who isn't a keen defender, but is bigger at least) ahead of Reway.

understand the whole contract thing.... I'm talking talent though.

no way lehkonen is better... reway was arguably one of the best players in the WJC last year on a weak team. throw him on one of the elite 5 nations and everyone would be drooling over him. he also looked good in the minutes he got in pre season LY... was great at junior level! he is a sleeper and in 3 years people will be talking of him being a steal.... watch him play 3 full games and you'll see

remember i have him as our 17th forward! its not like i think he's cracking the line up quite yet

I think (to just name a few) Mantha, Teravainen, Pokka, Fasching, Eichel, Ristolainen, Zadorov, Pouliot, Forsberg and about 20 others were better than Reway.

Who was super on the PP and offensively (which is only 1 end of rink), but that is it, did he backcheck hard/consistently? Not a chance.

Which was my only criticism of his play, he is skilled and good on offense, no question.

But, who was one of best forward defenders & PK guys in tourney, on wonky ankles, Lehkonen.

That is why I think the small Finn (Koivu Jr?), would be ahead of Reway on my list. (just my opinion)

Pacioretty Desharnais Parenteau

Galchenyuk Eller Gallagher

Sekac Plekanec Bourque

Prust Malhotra Weise

Moen Bournival

#1 priority (after PK & Eller).. Improve on Bourque(+Moen) via trade. (a la Bickell | Brouwer maybe Burrows | Cole(?) imo) THEN this team WILL make some noise.

Malhotra & Weise were teammates in Vancouver from 2011 to 2013. I like.

Antoine Roussel is an interesting target as well.

Yes the one blemish on lineup is Rene.

If he would just put forth an honest effort, he can be a useful player, but even when he sucked for longest time, when interviewed he would said 'I am not playing too bad', which seems to be the main problem, he sees himself as a valuable player even when coasting back and forth and contributing very little.

But, overall I don't mind the lineup at all.

Don't you guys think it's time to get over the Bourque bashing. he has a bad season and a terrific playoffs. Let's see which Bourque will show up next year.

There were a lot of habs players stinking it up at times all year.

Sorry, no... not even close to done bashing Bourque. If he pulls a DD and actually produces, or even if gives an honest effort consistently, then I will give him a break.

Don't you guys think it's time to get over the Bourque bashing. he has a bad season and a terrific playoffs. Let's see which Bourque will show up next year.

There were a lot of habs players stinking it up at times all year.

I agree, there are far too many complaints about bourque. yes, I know his regular season was awful, but he was terrific in the post season. it was nice to see he and eller step up in playoffs! keep it up boys

Its not bashing to want a consistent player to bring at least 1 dimension to a line on a regular basis. Bourque has played 128 reg. season games in a Habs uniform with 21g & 16a. Im not sure how much ground people have to argue against his ineffectiveness and inconsistency. He had a very good series against the Booins. Beyond that..

I'd like some advanced stats guys to chime in if possible. Im sure it only gets uglier.

Funny thing about advanced statistics: Scott Gomez always had awesome advanced statistics because he was always carrying the puck and he fired the puck a lot. That gave him a great shooting percentage (not shots per goal but shots per game) and puck possession percentage.

Bourque's stuff was mediocre but there were Habs worse than him. Funny enough Habs fans who are advanced statistic nuts but hate Desharnais? They never discuss his PDO or Corsi. Why? Because it's best on the team for a full season.

My God. Bourque is a TOTAL slug who goofs off for 90% of the games he plays in, who makes Andrei Kostitsyn look like a dedicated, hard worker, and people around here want to defend him. I hope you guys are business owners, 'cause I want to work for you. I can sit on my big fat arse and cash a big fat paycheck and you'll pat me on the head and cheer me on. Awesome.

• Upvote 3

• 5 weeks later...

Should be super competition for bottom 4 winger spots.

Does dela Rose have a legit shot at opening day spot?

Where will Sekac line up, on the 2nd line with Captain Plekanec?

Should be super competition for bottom 4 winger spots.

Does dela Rose have a legit shot at opening day spot?

Where will Sekac line up, on the 2nd line with Captain Plekanec?

it would be nice to see them both get a serious look. but therrien will probably give them 3 or 4 shifts then pin them to the bench.

I love the enthusiasm, but could there be a more pointless thread - particularly with the way Therrien coaches? Haha. No line will last a game unless its a head-scratcher!

I love the enthusiasm, but could there be a more pointless thread - particularly with the way Therrien coaches? Haha. No line will last a game unless its a head-scratcher!

Bingo.

By the way, contrary to popular belief, it's not just Therrien. Most coaches juggle the line-up in game. The amount of fan venom directed toward coaches who do it routinely overlooks the fact that it's a quasi-universal practice; fire coach X because he mixes up his lines, and your new coach Y will do exactly the same thing.

Yes all coaches juggle line-ups, LA Kings sucked for longest time during reg season and were doing all they could to get anyone to score, but did it matter in the end.

Why, I don't really care who plays with who, but am curious, who makes opening day line up, which rookie(s) can crack line up and how high in roster Sekac gets a crack at (as majority say it is a done deal that he will make roster, while I wasnt and arnt so confident he will).