Game 3, Lightning vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

And I still agree was totally blown calls by refs and Callahan goal should of counted/Stamkos breakaway, which did take some shine off 3rd straight win.

The Stamkos breakaway, maybe.

The called off goal, no way. The more i see ex-refs talking about the rules (Kerry Fraser and Paul Stewart both, now), the more I'm sure it was the right call, and a heads up play by Carey Price forcing them to call it. Make no mistake about it... Carey knows the rule. And he intentionally bumped into Killorn in the crease because (a) he's allowed to, and (b) that rules out any goal that's scored before he gets back into position, and he never did.

I only wish they had video review, so the league could confirm it, and stop most of the arguing about it. (It would have been confirmed by video review.)

At first I thought the rule is kinda stupid, but the more i think about it, the more I think it doesn't go far enough. Nobody should ever be crashing the net. I'd like to see the game played where the crease and everything in it is completely untouchable by the opposing team. Get even your toe in there, and you're offside until the puck leaves the zone. I really despise the frantic scrums in the crease.

At first I thought the rule is kinda stupid, but the more i think about it, the more I think it doesn't go far enough. Nobody should ever be crashing the net. I'd like to see the game played where the crease and everything in it is completely untouchable by the opposing team. Get even your toe in there, and you're offside until the puck leaves the zone. I really despise the frantic scrums in the crease.

I think we tried that once and it was not so popular remember the hull goal in finals?

I think we tried that once and it was not so popular remember the hull goal in finals?

The reason that crease rule sucked was with how it was handled. They never shrunk the size of the goalie crease during the rule. So the goalie had this huge crease they never had to be in and if your skate nudged it, the goal was disallowed (with exception to Hull's Cup winning goal).

I have zero problem if a goalie is at the top of his crease and a player goes behind him to fish out a puck and score. I have a problem with the goalie being touched while in their crease. And that's what the rule makes clear of. If you make any contact with the goalie, that goalie has to establish themselves before a goal can be scored. I'd personally consider going one step further and make it that if one of your players touches the goalie while you have the puck, you're immediately considered offside. That would solve a lot of these immediately. If the goalie touches him OUTSIDE of his crease? Fair game. Same goes to a goalie going out of his net and getting checked. Fair play.

In International hockey they blow the puck down when the goalie is touched in his crease so it'd be no different.

Speaking as a former (not very good) goalie, crashing the net was a tradition of the game. Get the goalie off his game. That's why Cheevers, and Hextall for 2 but by far not the only used to kill guys who came near their crease. In my very old day you stood in front me your ankles be sore for a while, at least till you got out of the hospital (just kidding). I think the crease is the goalies place, you can't come in there if you do be prepared for a couple of good wacks with a big stick. I know we can't do that anymore. The rule is designed to stop the guys who will always crash the net if they can. I think if they reviewed the play and said ok that's no goal then there would not be such an uproar. The intent of the rule is good but the interpetation leaves a lot to be desired. They want the game to continue without a whistle as much as possible. So if the guy doesn't score who cares but if he does then a review. I also agree with you that if the goalie leaves the crease he should be treated as just another player.