White, Schultz recalled, Schultz down Feb. 13

dlbalr

Thus ends Ryan White's conditioning stint although I'd be absolutely stunned if he played tomorrow as that would be 4 games in as many nights. Speaking of stunned, I'm feeling that way with Schultz's callup. Yes, he has had a good run lately but I thought Engqvist would be back before him. Good for him though, he has earned it.

Plekanec was banged up late in Saturday's game as were Pacioretty and apparently Cole, the latter two left the last minute PP awkwardly. Perhaps one of them is actually going to miss a little time? Speculation on my part as any deal would've been announced by now.

Something might be up, but I guess that, in the absence of Moen, Schultz will play against the Bruins.

I think you can book the Shultz vs Thorton/Lucic fight right now.

Great for him, he was the best Bulldog in that outdoor game and played surprisingly well.

White had 4 goals in 5 games, hope the adrenaline hasnt worn off yet?

Engqvist is doing super down there and might as well leave him ethere and let him play big minutes instead of less than 10 with Habs; he will be up for good next fall i hope as 4th line centre?

I think you can book the Shultz vs Thorton/Lucic fight right now.

Great for him, he was the best Bulldog in that outdoor game and played surprisingly well.

White had 4 goals in 5 games, hope the adrenaline hasnt worn off yet?

Engqvist is doing super down there and might as well leave him ethere and let him play big minutes instead of less than 10 with Habs; he will be up for good next fall i hope as 4th line centre?

I seriously hope Schultz doesn't have to fight an NHL heavyweight. He's a mediocre AHL fighter, he would probably be destroyed by either of them.

As for Engqvist, he's pointless and -6 in his last 5. He was doing well but has faded lately.

I seriously hope Schultz doesn't have to fight an NHL heavyweight. He's a mediocre AHL fighter, he would probably be destroyed by either of them.

As for Engqvist, he's pointless and -6 in his last 5. He was doing well but has faded lately.

Dont see either as a heavyweight, cabable sure. But i still see Shultz as a match-up so White dosent have to?

And i doubt anyone will have good numbers for Bulldogs with as thin a roster as they have and getting weaker.

Dont see either as a heavyweight, cabable sure. But i still see Shultz as a match-up so White dosent have to?

And i doubt anyone will have good numbers for Bulldogs with as thin a roster as they have and getting weaker.

I think both would take Schultz or for that matter White out. I suspect Schultz is just up for a game or two, a little evaluation to assess his readiness.

As for Engqvist, you're right, no one has good numbers there but he is slumping big time right now, a big reason why they're struggling more than usual.

I think both would take Schultz or for that matter White out. I suspect Schultz is just up for a game or two, a little evaluation to assess his readiness.

As for Engqvist, you're right, no one has good numbers there but he is slumping big time right now, a big reason why they're struggling more than usual.

Too bad for the big Swede, whom i would never count on for offense, but would seem to be a good 4th line centre if he can hold his own in faceoff circle.

W/R/T the callup options, what is Fortier's game like right now? Obviously the team wanted to reward a guy for good work recently in Schultz (even if he doesn't play) but I kind of pegged that beyond Engqvist it would be Fortier next.

If I had to guess on order of merit, I'd have had Dumont (Schultz's linemate) next then Fortier. I'd have no concerns with Fortier getting the call either but he hasn't been healthy all that long (just came back not long ago and has been hurt a few times this year). Perhaps they're just trying to let him get into a bit of a groove?

If I had to guess on order of merit, I'd have had Dumont (Schultz's linemate) next then Fortier. I'd have no concerns with Fortier getting the call either but he hasn't been healthy all that long (just came back not long ago and has been hurt a few times this year). Perhaps they're just trying to let him get into a bit of a groove?

I kind of was thinking that maybe they think Schultz is about where White was when he was called up the first time. Statistically they're kind of similar, though it's really tough to compare that way because that 2008 Bulldogs team wasn't completely awful while this year's team is. Factor in very recent play and it might make some sense. I agree that for the NHL team there should be no way Schultz gets in unless there is another injury that hasn't been disclosed yet.

Just kind of curious where Fortier was in the mix. When he's been healthy, he's been at least modestly decent. I kind of thought he had taken Ryan Russell's old spot on the team when healthy.

W/R/T the callup options, what is Fortier's game like right now? Obviously the team wanted to reward a guy for good work recently in Schultz (even if he doesn't play) but I kind of pegged that beyond Engqvist it would be Fortier next.

I agree with dlbalr. Dumont is ahead of Fortier right now because Fortier just can't stay healthy and Dumont has been among the Dogs best players of late really leading the Masse - Dumont - Schultz line.

Man, I'm excited for next season's Bulldogs. Gallagher, Holland, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis, Pateryn and the leftovers from this year's team. Can't say I get down to the Hammer to go see them, but I like to hear about how they're doing. It'll be fun to hear how they all develop playing against the big boys.

I hate the B's ,but they stick up for each other like no other team., I really hope White doesn't play Wednesday. he has a bullseye on him,along with P.K. Schultz would have ran some interference for him. Thornton,Lucic Mcquaid will be fighting/running them,and there isn't a damn thing we can do about it.Except cry to the refs and the league to protect us.And I don't think the refs are going to be protecting P.K. Oh,we may get a couple extra PP's. Whoopee