Florida at Montreal game #80 April 5 2016

DON

He should be signed for next year... but I'm really wary of thinking he is anything more than AHL depth.

Sure Hanley has shown a bit of skill, but this is the ultimate in "small sample size" and he's never been this good a player in the AHL. I don't think it can last.

Give me a break, I get it you don't like Scott, but he had nothing to do with the goal.

As much bad hockey as this team has iced most of the year complaining about Scott doesn't make a lot of sense.

No, he didn't have anything to do with the goal (other being a step behind in coverage had the original shot not gone in). The comment was more directed at why is the fourth line starting at home against an opponents' number one unit? Especially one with a goon who is being paraded around as a PR stunt more or less. If a coach is dumb enough to do that - generally speaking - he's asking for trouble.

As for complaining about Scott, that makes plenty of sense to me. He has no business being on an NHL roster. He's a liability in the minors most nights. There are better options than him down there. There are younger players who are much more likely to be part of the future that could be playing in this game and benefiting more from the experience. There are other AHL veterans who could have been given the spot call-up to reward their play for the full season, not just a couple of months skating on the fourth line in the minors. Some see him being up as a feel good story and that's fine. But to me, there were better options for that feel good type of recall.

Give me a break, I get it you don't like Scott, but he had nothing to do with the goal.

As much bad hockey as this team has iced most of the year complaining about Scott doesn't make a lot of sense.

Nothing about the Habs this year has made sense. News flash.

Guest Stogey24

He should be signed for next year... but I'm really wary of thinking he is anything more than AHL depth.

Sure Hanley has shown a bit of skill, but this is the ultimate in "small sample size" and he's never been this good a player in the AHL. I don't think it can last.

Ya, definitely not sold on him. I like the fact he keeps it simple though

Man, Carr has hussle! I like him and hope he stays with the club next year.

He should be in Weise's spot IMO.

Oh and 2-1 Panthers.

Sabres doing their part up 2-0 with 15:00 to play in the third.

No doubt he's playing over his head. To me, it's at least a sign that perhaps there's a bit more to go in his development (which will be in the AHL once again next season). That's more than I thought of him a month ago.

Man, Carr has hussle! I like him and hope he stays with the club next year.

I'd like to see him stick as well but if he's going to be a fourth line guy, I hope he gets some time in the minors to keep working on his offensive game. It's nice to see he hasn't really missed a beat since going down with the injury at least.

In the sour grapes department, the crows are in the eaves of the TD Garden. They just tied it up 1-1 in the third versus Carolina.

I'm torn. Would it be better to see them eliminated now, or a short series a couple weeks from now?

Now would be better. There's something to be said for missing the playoffs altogether; to me, that's always worse than making it but going out quickly.

In terms of this game, I'm actually quite impressed with the Habs tonight. They're really taking it to Florida - everywhere but the scoreboard, that is.

I want the Bruins humiliated and Julien fired (to make a triumphant return to the Habs).

no thank you -enough with the retreads! only one that is worthwhile having a 2nd go is AV.

I want the Bruins humiliated and Julien fired (to make a triumphant return to the Habs).

Julien might be a great coach, but if he brings over the Bruins' 'bully everyone but claim to be the victim' philosophy, then I might have to put my fandom on hold for a few years... I can handle a variety of team identities, but not that.

Julien might be a great coach, but if he brings over the Bruins' 'bully everyone but claim to be the victim' philosophy, then I might have to put my fandom on hold for a few years... I can handle a variety of team identities, but not that.

I'm with you. After enduring MT, I really don't have the stomach to have to put up with Julien.

I don't get this 'retread' argument. Julien was a good coach on the first go, and he is a better coach now. Ditto AV. Who cares if these guys coached us a decade ago? Both would get snapped up by any number of other organizations if we pass on them. The 'retread' thing just doesn't make any sense as a consideration. Neither does loathing a different team they happened to be associated with. Hiring a coach is about the present and future, not the past, except insofar as that past tells us something about their abilities.

Far better to recycle guys who have had proven success than guys who were total flops on the first go-round (Boucher, Carbo).

Is that Julien, or is that ordered from Cam Neely.

• Upvote 1

No, he didn't have anything to do with the goal (other being a step behind in coverage had the original shot not gone in). The comment was more directed at why is the fourth line starting at home against an opponents' number one unit? Especially one with a goon who is being paraded around as a PR stunt more or less. If a coach is dumb enough to do that - generally speaking - he's asking for trouble.

As for complaining about Scott, that makes plenty of sense to me. He has no business being on an NHL roster. He's a liability in the minors most nights. There are better options than him down there. There are younger players who are much more likely to be part of the future that could be playing in this game and benefiting more from the experience. There are other AHL veterans who could have been given the spot call-up to reward their play for the full season, not just a couple of months skating on the fourth line in the minors. Some see him being up as a feel good story and that's fine. But to me, there were better options for that feel good type of recall.

Gosh I never thought about that. ok Yeah I did and you are right, but dammit do you have to be right all the time? I mean I am right all the time and then you come along and try to be righter. Like what is up with that? OK you know i am just kidding right? It is joke season.

Exactly my feelings. Julien is all I don't want in a coach.

I don't get this 'retread' argument. Julien was a good coach on the first go, and he is a better coach now. Ditto AV. Who cares if these guys coached us a decade ago? Both would get snapped up by any number of other organizations if we pass on them. The 'retread' thing just doesn't make any sense as a consideration. Neither does loathing a different team they happened to be associated with. Hiring a coach is about the present and future, not the past, except insofar as that past tells us something about their abilities.

Far better to recycle guys who have had proven success than guys who were total flops on the first go-round (Boucher, Carbo).

Flop Carbo? That's a bit of a stretch... This board hates Carbo for unexplained reasons(other than his outside the NHL coaching history). He was fired because of player issues, a divided locker room, 5-7 games over .500 early in the season, after winning the East and scoring the most goals, while allowing the least in the NHL.

Hardly a flop, more a flop by management and his friend Gainey. The team did not improve after his firing...

Is that Julien, or is that ordered from Cam Neely.

I doubt if the constant whiny complaining about how unfair the Bruins are treated is because of direction from Neely.

Is part of coaches job to try and sway officials isn't it?

Only gave up 19 shots.

They played Hanley more than Pateryn and even some time on the PP, he had 3 shots.

Actually they only played 74-79-71 on the PP, with 4 forwards some of time.

Habs now sitting with 8th pick and 6% to win 1st pick.

Go Coyotes Go!