Free Agent "Frenzy"

dlbalr

At noon EST, the signing frenzy will begin although it's not likely that the Habs will be a busy team today by any stretch. Let's use this thread for all the non-Hab signings/trades.

On the rumour mill, there's not much involving Montreal right now. Francois Beauchemin is apparently willing to accept a 3x3 deal with the Habs but they've not yet been in contact with him. (Both of those are according to Francois Gagnon.)

There's still time to enter the UFA pool to see if you can guess better than the rest of us as to who goes where: http://www.habsworld.net/2015/06/2015-free-agency-pool/

On the rumour mill, there's not much involving Montreal right now. Francois Beauchemin is apparently willing to accept a 3x3 deal with the Habs but they've not yet been in contact with him. (Both of those are according to Francois Gagnon.)

The only way that signing would make sense is if Emelin was traded

If MAB wants MTL to actually be a contender, he needs to show he's serious about aqcuiring some top-6 scoring. None of these player on the free agent market really qualify as a top 6 player (aside from MSL, but...).

We need to make a Saad-level deal.

Guest Stogey24

For what's it's worth, a source told me #Habs were looking at Cody Hodgson, who was just bought out by the Buffalo Sabres. We'll see. Marc Antoine Godin (@MAGodin) July 1, 2015

You don't just fall off from 44 pts to 13pts at 25 and not turn things around. Especially with the skill Set Hodgson has. He's going to bounce back

You don't just fall off from 44 pts to 13pts at 25, especially with the skill Set Hodgson has. He's going to bounce back

Unless he's cashed in and no longer gives a sh*t.

Anyway, I have no problem signing a guy like that to a cut-rate deal and seeing whether he can get it back, maybe help us on the wing. Low risk, high reward. But I'm not looking forward to the howls of outrage if MB makes that move ('he should have gone out and gotten Corey Perry for Greg Pateryn, dammit!!!')

Guest Stogey24

Unless he's cashed in and no longer gives a sh*t.

Anyway, I have no problem signing a guy like that to a cut-rate deal and seeing whether he can get it back, maybe help us on the wing. Low risk, high reward. But I'm not looking forward to the howls of outrage if MB makes that move ('he should have gone out and gotten Corey Perry for Greg Pateryn, dammit!!!')

If Montreal can add a 20 goal scorer, is see no reason why this team can't make a serious run at the cup

You don't just fall off from 44 pts to 13pts at 25 and not turn things around. Especially with the skill Set Hodgson has. He's going to bounce back

gone to the Preds