Gonchar in, Moen out!

revvvrob

How much is he making and how long is his contract. This deal does not make much sense. I wanted Moen moved, but gonchar is washed up as Briere was. Makes no sense - but perhaps is another example of the GM wanting to limit MT's propensity to play guys like Moen

This doesn't bode well for Beaulieu though. Like I said earlier - the deal makes no sense!

How much is he making and how long is his contract. This deal does not make much sense. I wanted Moen moved, but gonchar is washed up as Briere was. Makes no sense - but perhaps is another example of the GM wanting to limit MT's propensity to play guys like Moen

This doesn't bode well for Beaulieu though. Like I said earlier - the deal makes no sense!

It's the final year of his contract and is $5M

With 8 defensemen I have a feeling we are setting up for something bigger.

MB does love his defensive depth.

I am not too sure about this one. Gonchar washed up at 5 mill, Moen useful in a limited capacity at 1.8. Is this about the PP? we already have 3 or 4 offensive defence men. And where is the obligatory draft pick? huh?

This is the first move that Bergevin has made that I don't like.

Gonchar is beyond washed up. I honestly rather have Moen playing on the 4th line and killing penalties then Gonchar anywhere on the ice. I understand it frees up the 2nd year of Moen's contract but I'm just not happy with this trade.

Markov - Subban

Beaulieu - Gonchar

That could/should fix the PP.

Do you think Beaulieu and Gonchar will ever play in the same game? Barring injuries, who sits in that scenario?

Markov - Subban

Beaulieu - Gonchar

That could/should fix the PP.

Do you think Beaulieu and Gonchar will ever play in the same game? Barring injuries, who sits in that scenario?

Looks like the same Kaberle, Schneider, MAB type move. Propping up the power play somehow.

Moen needed to go, so it was a nice way to fix that problem. This is a short-term move that won't impact the kids over the long term.

• Upvote 1

This is the last time these two names were linked.

Gonchar was a turnstile that series-and that was almost five years ago.

Even though this is early, I look at this like a rental. Not crazy about the deal, but come March this team would still need a defenseman for the second powerplay.

Who will fans rag on now that Bourque and Moen are out?

Moen is about a million overpaid. I suspect this is just a way to dump the contract. cap is not going up next year, so a few salary dumps over the year, so chucky and Gallagher can be signed.

Well moen is 1 million overpaid and gonchar is about 3.5 million overpaid. 8% retention is not enough.

This is the last time these two names were linked.

Gonchar was a turnstile that series-and that was almost five years ago.

Even though this is early, I look at this like a rental. Not crazy about the deal, but come March this team would still need a defenseman for the second powerplay.

Who will fans rag on now that Bourque and Moen are out?

Gonchar...