Sept. 26, Leafs vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Will tonight be the night the Habs get their first preseason win?

Montreal's Lines:

TBD

Toronto's Lines:

van Riemsdyk - Bozak - Setoguchi

Matthias - Holland - Boyes

Komarov - Nylander - Hyman

Glencross - Froese - Kapanen

Gardiner - Robidas

Marincin - Polak

Brennan - Fraser

Reimer

Sparks

Puck drop is at 7:30 PM and will be on RDS as usual as well as nationally across the Sportsnet regional networks (E/O/W/P).

Here's the lineup: https://twitter.com/CanadiensMTL/status/647794151484993537

If I was to wager a guess:

Fleischmann - Desharnais - Weise

De la Rose - Holloway - Kassian

Andrighetto - Dumont - Smith-Pelly

Carr - McCarron - Thomas

Gregoire

Tinordi - Pateryn

Barberio - Dietz

Hanley - Ellis

Tokarski

Condon

Also Habs assign 17 to IceCaps. Lernout was the best of them: http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=780616

Mike Condon is going to play the entire game for the Habs tonight. Hopefully he does well. I've felt more comfortable with him in the net over Tokarski.

This looks like a good sign for him. Can he take the puck and run with it? I hope so, he looked real good the other night.

Will it be zero NHL d-men for this game?

(on Habs)

Pateryn's pretty safe to make the roster since he's signed for the next three years.

Tonight is Game #2 of the guaranteed 3-on-3 OT set. Let's see if this one actually makes it to 3-on-3 unlike last time.

No one being particularly noticeable outside of Desharnais and Fleischmann... which is scary, since it would be nice if one of Kassion or Smith-Pelly forced Weise off the top line... and then down to the 4th line in the regular season.

Condon looked a bit shaky in his movements at times, I wonder if he needs one of his skates sharpened. He's held his own though.

Hanley hasn't looked too bad. This is my first look at him and he looks like he'll be a serviceable minor leaguer at the very least.

Thomas isn't getting much of a look again. Either they've decided to strictly audition him as a 4th liner since that would be his role with Montreal or he's going to be heading for the waiver wire in the near future.

Pateryn logged a ton of ice time in that period, 9:12. Tinordi, Barberio, and Dietz were all over 7.

"This experience Montreal lineup"

Sportnet, are you even trying?

It's Millard and Kypreos, their Montreal knowledge is suspect at the best of times. Mind you, Chicago's announcers yesterday tried to pass off Montreal's lineup as 'most of their regulars'. At least Romanuk has acknowledged in-game that it's a weak Hab lineup; Friedman suggested the same in the pregame to his credit.

Is smith-pelly even a bottom 6 player? Not making much of a case

You can tell he's been wired to play the puck as little as possible. Crash the boards, free up the puck, and let someone else make the play. That's how he was used in Anaheim. It's going to take time for him to get more used to actually playing with the puck on his stick.

Dietz had a nice second period and McCarron had a couple of good plays. I like that de la Rose is getting some time at centre and faring well at the faceoff dot.

Weise's goal was a nice play by him and Desharnais. That line seems to have some good chemistry early on.

Bud Holloway was someone I was looking forward to seeing but he's not getting much of a chance to play. It seems safe to rule out any thoughts of him breaking camp with the team (unless he really dazzles in this third period). Only Gregoire has played less than Holloway through two periods.