Apr. 10/11, Bulldogs vs Stars

dlbalr

Didier has 1st fight, but hit head on goal post going down and off for repairs.

Lernout was in starting lineup and is playing both PP & PK. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get a PP goal soon.

Shea gets 5minute penalty and 5-on 3

quickly down 3-0.

Called it Spearing for Shea. Sly not happy camper with call they said..

A game misconduct to boot on the penalty. If Didier doesn't come back, those 4 d-men are going to be a bit tired at the end of the game.

PBP driving me nuts not giving out officials names and refers to the linesman as a referee on faceoffs during the game. It's Lambert tonight, was Banfield yesterday. Two guys who cannot handle single ref games.

-another pet peeve- OHL Bulldogs reporting seems to have taken over the AHL broadcasts at intermission. And showing his neutrality (not), Rick Zamprin, sports director of CHML, yesterday mentions on air that he is a Leaf fan. This is a guy that has been doing the Dogs pregame show. (edited prerecorded conversations dubbed to sound live)

-glad it's almost over. JMO - Matt wasn't as grating on the ears as a statistics laden Derek Wills but sometimes I can't believe CHML's line that he was the best of over 50 that auditioned.

-

-another pet peeve- OHL Bulldogs reporting seems to have taken over the AHL broadcasts at intermission. And showing his neutrality (not), Rick Zamprin, sports director of CHML, yesterday mentions on air that he is a Leaf fan. This is a guy that has been doing the Dogs pregame show. (edited prerecorded conversations dubbed to sound live)

OHL talk has taken over everything. Even The Spec has all but forgotten about the current edition of the team; there's very little coverage out there now aside from the Bulldogs website...which now has tons of OHL stuff too.

I will give credit though with that interesting Spec article Teri Pecoskie did today re what it's like for a player to wait for the call up from Wheeling. And they really should have set up a separate Facebook group for the OHL team.

It's funny though. I feel a lot of the very Pro OHL posters have never been to an AHL game. I often check where they are situated and in many cases it's not Hamilton area. I feel the OHL fans will be shocked by the prices since there is no reduction over what was charged for the AHL (and it's actually more since STH's pay the same for three less games). The $9.75 cans of beer will impress them.

I couldn't believe some fans are already complaining re the jerseys the OHL prospects that were selected was too AHL reminiscent for their taste. I have a feeling a number of the PRO OHL fans are actually Toronto Leaf fans who were against anything to do with Montreal in the AHL era (but were likely too lazy to get off their bums and support the Marlies in Toronto)

Bulldogs toast--- only announcements I want to hear are the Black knight selection and the firing of the coaching staff--- three years in a row and not a sniff of playoffs

I wouldn't hold your breath on that second one happening.

If had Tinordi, Drewiski, Pateryn still playing, likely would of made playoffs.

But the 1-9 record 3 on 3 , basement PP once again has to go to coaching staff (mostly anyways)

If had Tinordi, Drewiski, Pateryn still playing, likely would of made playoffs.

But the 1-9 record 3 on 3 , basement PP once again has to go to coaching staff (mostly anyways)

Hope we don't get into an area---- Night "Mayer" retention of personal for no visible sense of reason or logic. Yeah Robert M