Feb 21st, 2013 - Islanders vs Habs

dlbalr

A game like this is acceptable considering they just won 5 straight.

Anytime you blow a 2 goal lead by sitting back for the second half of the game it's not acceptable. We weren't playing a playoff team we were playing a consistant bottom 5 team that looked like they wanted no part of us in the 1st.

I think they were lucky to get 1 point.

I'm not sure if they were sitting back or just qorn out. I believe it's 4 games in 6 nights.

Either that DD penalty changed the game. up by 2, stableized the game then quickily a 1 goal game.

As BCabnut put it, they were really soft defensively, didn't win any battles and refused to drive the net.

Points in 6 straight, can't complain alot. If i were MT, i would let them have it after the game and get on them again tomorrow. Pretty soft 3rd periods the past few games.

I think they were lucky to get 1 point.

I'm not sure if they were sitting back or just qorn out. I believe it's 4 games in 6 nights.

Either that DD penalty changed the game. up by 2, stableized the game then quickily a 1 goal game.

As BCabnut put it, they were really soft defensively, didn't win any battles and refused to drive the net.

Points in 6 straight, can't complain alot. If i were MT, i would let them have it after the game and get on them again tomorrow. Pretty soft 3rd periods the past few games.

They were also really unlucky not to win. If Patches hits the wide open net instead of the goalie who was out of position MTL has a 2 goal lead. They can't win them all. MT has to get them to a place where they can play his high energy game even when fatigued. 3 games in 4nights ok, but their upcoming schedule is going to be a really challenge

I believe the boys are showing signs of fatigue. All those consecutive icings in the third period would point to a team just holding on. I read that 11 of our next 15 games were on the road. Therrian will have to get the rest of the roster going or we will continue to die in the third. We have had a great start, but we should have a pretty telling indication where we stand by the end of the road stretch.It looks to me that we could use a Hal Gill right about now.

What we could use is more ice time for Subban and have Subban paired with Gorges.

He is our youngest dman and should be playing 25 min a game.

I believe the boys are showing signs of fatigue. All those consecutive icings in the third period would point to a team just holding on. I read that 11 of our next 15 games were on the road. Therrian will have to get the rest of the roster going or we will continue to die in the third. We have had a great start, but we should have a pretty telling indication where we stand by the end of the road stretch.It looks to me that we could use a Hal Gill right about now.

Obviously, younger guys have more stamina. In the short term, playing Subban more makes sense. However, eventually no matter whos' out they will wear down. They need to use all the roster. The fatigue is just a symptom that is already creeping into the line-up.

• Upvote 1

That was a tough loss considering how well they played early on. However, it's 1 game, all isn't lost (I'm happy to see no one is panicking on here). To combat the defence fatigue, I think it's time to rotate Kaberle back in for a game or two. Gallagher hopes to be back as well for tomorrow, I'm curious to find out who would yield their spot to him.

Well, what I was afraid would happen, happened! At least they got a point out of it, but to lose two 2 goal leads is unacceptable.

This team needs to learn how to win. When you've got an opponent on the ropes, you gotta learn to throw the knockout punch.

This is the third time this year that thye blow a 2 goal lead (Buffalo, Tampa and last night). I'm sure Therrien will let them know that this is unacceptable. I'm expecting a much better performance saturday night against the Rangers...especially considering that I,ll be there!

Some thoughts on the game:

-Where is Markov? The powerplay is dead.

-Too much Diaz. "Kostka treatment." A solid d-man, but only Subban or Gorges should play those minutes.

-Subban and Gorges? Why isn' this the second pairing? I know every coach wants to put his brand on a team, but the bottom pairing should be Bouillon and Diaz.

-PK needs to be on the first PP and the first PK

-The Islander's announcers are some of the worst i've ever heard. This is understandable, but the Devils and the Isles get the leftovers from the Ranger's prospects. Some gaffes- "Alex Lemelin" "Corey Price" "Gal-yen-chuk."

-They can't win them all, i'm happy to get the point, all these loser points add up. This is a good team, once we can get a solid winger to replace Gio or Cole, and Tinordi and Galchenyuk mature, we should be in contention.

Honestly if MT wanted to make a statement, he should sit Cole or Gionta when Gallegher is ready. Teaching 4th liners a message is not sending the team the message. Both Gionta and Cole have been pretty much worthless.

That move would give the team a shake up.

Thye need to do something with the PP. i noticed the first 6-8 games the PP was doing well because they moved the puck, moved there feet and shot the puck all the time. Now they are standing around waiting for the perfecrt play. Just like last year. The need to have a few players planted in front of the net as well.

Honestly if MT wanted to make a statement, he should sit Cole or Gionta when Gallegher is ready. Teaching 4th liners a message is not sending the team the message. Both Gionta and Cole have been pretty much worthless.

That move would give the team a shake up.

Thye need to do something with the PP. i noticed the first 6-8 games the PP was doing well because they moved the puck, moved there feet and shot the puck all the time. Now they are standing around waiting for the perfecrt play. Just like last year. The need to have a few players planted in front of the net as well.

I like that, what are you going to do? Keep punishing Ryan White? He's a 4th line center. Sit Cole. He's been very useless. So useless in fact, that we haven't noticed how bad Gionta has been. Bad contract, held over from the Gainey years.

Gionta is the captain. I'm not sure what kind of message sitting him does when you're on a 7 game point streak.

• Upvote 2