Nov. 23, Habs vs Rangers, 7 PM

dlbalr

Obscenely high, for a quarter way point - unless we had the coach of the Edmonton oilers or buffalo sabres lineup.

We lost 3-0 to edmonton, 5-0 to Chicago and now 5-0 to the Rangers. Am I forgetting a game?

oh yeah, there was the 4-0 dud against Pittsburgh. SO that makes 4 games where we've been shutout. Is it just me, or is that a pretty high number of games?

Sometimes even good teams get slaughtered. The habs have been living proof of that six times so far this season. Look on the bright side.......the team will never get that cocky swagger.......as they are humbled with a pasting way to often.

Third game I didn't watch this year, guess by reading here I didn't miss much. Spent entire weekend at Hospital awaiting the birth of my two pound very premature niece....helping the family out.

Agree with Illwill that let downs happen.

Also agree that we are getting shut out too much.

Buffalo has won 3 in a row, we best be ready!

Go :habslogo: 's

A good team would take these 4 days off and then blowout Buffalo on Friday. Make it happen.

just driving through Buffalo or Detroit takes quite a bit of courage. Lost zones.....

Were they sites for "The Walking Dead"?

That Ranger game was actually 8 games in 12 nights....

That's a real tough stretch for any team, and Habs went 6-2, and still sit atop the standings... moving on....

Guest Stogey24

That Ranger game was actually 8 games in 12 nights....That's a real tough stretch for any team, and Habs went 6-2, and still sit atop the standings... moving on....

They definitely lost as a team, but Tokarski had a less than Stellar performance on top of things

That St Louis is sure a pro at stripping the puck away from others.

He was/is underestimated often. Players like he & Datzyuk I think are simply smarter than most.

We lost 3-0 to edmonton, 5-0 to Chicago and now 5-0 to the Rangers. Am I forgetting a game?

oh yeah, there was the 4-0 dud against Pittsburgh. SO that makes 4 games where we've been shutout. Is it just me, or is that a pretty high number of games?

just you

That Ranger game was actually 8 games in 12 nights....

That's a real tough stretch for any team, and Habs went 6-2, and still sit atop the standings... moving on....

BUT THE SUTOUTS...what about the shutouts, it has to mean sky will fall sooner or later!

(But, I think loss mostly my fault for suggesting maybe going 5-0 on back-end of back-to-backs) :bonk:

Hockey Inside has some keen fans watching the games..............its all over their board that DD is not a front line no 1 center.........only gets played like he is. Nobody on this site seems to agree. Funny how that works.

I agree wholeheartedly 30..i just don't post that anymore..i'd just assume not read 70% of the pro-desjarnais comments. the guy is a waste of space in my book. I tell you what, i'm tired of seeing him thrown off the puck too. it looks like he's about to start a cartwheel. we shouldn't have a gingerbread man centering the top line. there, i'm done

I agree wholeheartedly 30..i just don't post that anymore..i'd just assume not read 70% of the pro-desjarnais comments. the guy is a waste of space in my book. I tell you what, i'm tired of seeing him thrown off the puck too. it looks like he's about to start a cartwheel. we shouldn't have a gingerbread man centering the top line. there, i'm done

lol Describes DD's perfectly.

AND, so what would exactly you do to make this team win more often, scratch DD? :blush:

Hockey Inside has some keen fans watching the games..............its all over their board that DD is not a front line no 1 center.........only gets played like he is. Nobody on this site seems to agree. Funny how that works.

I think pretty much anyone on here would acknowledge that he's not a high quality #1 C. That doesn't mean that everyone should blindly bash him though as many on that site often do. He has a role and performs it reasonably well most nights. His production is that of a top six forward and he's getting paid like a 2nd liner so it's not as if the contract is this Gomez-esque albatross either. Are there better options? Sure. Are there worse options? Yep.

Our board for the most part shies away from blindly bashing players just for the sake of doing so or to follow along with everyone else. It's not conducive to good discussion and doing so antagonizes people. It's fair to criticize anyone when it's warranted. But doing that every time a player makes a mistake or doesn't get a point in a game is overboard. Our posters recognize that which is why you don't see a bunch of posters ragging on a guy - be it Desharnais or another player - constantly.

Desharnais hasn't been immune to criticism on here either. You just won't see people complaining about him on a daily basis. That's the way it should be. If it's warranted, by all means critique. If it's just that you don't like the player - and that's a very common theme with Desharnais on other sites - the points made don't carry any weight after a while. That's where our boards differ and that's fine by me.

• Upvote 1

BUT THE SUTOUTS...what about the shutouts, it has to mean sky will fall sooner or later!

(But, I think loss mostly my fault for suggesting maybe going 5-0 on back-end of back-to-backs) :bonk:

not just the shut outs, although it has too many time in a short amount of time for my liking. No more than the shuts its the blow outs. As Boone points out.....Habs have 6 regulations losses.....hey not bad. Been out scored in those 6 losses 31-3.

I love watching the habs , always have...........but its only the last season or so where minutes before the game i wonder if they are gonna play well and win, or stink the building right out ....and point to the schedule as the reason.

AND, so what would exactly you do to make this team win more often, scratch DD? :blush:

-take him off the powerplay for starters.

I think pretty much anyone on here would acknowledge that he's not a high quality #1 C. That doesn't mean that everyone should blindly bash him though as many on that site often do. He has a role and performs it reasonably well most nights. His production is that of a top six forward and he's getting paid like a 2nd liner so it's not as if the contract is this Gomez-esque albatross either. Are there better options? Sure. Are there worse options? Yep.

Our board for the most part shies away from blindly bashing players just for the sake of doing so or to follow along with everyone else. It's not conducive to good discussion and doing so antagonizes people. It's fair to criticize anyone when it's warranted. But doing that every time a player makes a mistake or doesn't get a point in a game is overboard. Our posters recognize that which is why you don't see a bunch of posters ragging on a guy - be it Desharnais or another player - constantly.

Desharnais hasn't been immune to criticism on here either. You just won't see people complaining about him on a daily basis. That's the way it should be. If it's warranted, by all means critique. If it's just that you don't like the player - and that's a very common theme with Desharnais on other sites - the points made don't carry any weight after a while. That's where our boards differ and that's fine by me.

i see.

Bourque and Eller must be the exceptions.

Just an observation from a new guy

i see.

Bourque and Eller must be the exceptions.

Just an observation from a new guy

Eller has his supporters on here. Heck, a few posters are perturbed by the fact that others seem to want to give him the benefit of the doubt too often. He's not Mr. Popular but he certainly isn't Public Enemy #1 on here either. There's a mix of positive and negative with him as there should be.

As for Bourque, a lot of his criticism was warranted. He didn't hustle and didn't produce most nights. Desharnais puts in an honest effort and puts up some points as well so there's bound to be a difference in how much vitriol there is directed at each one. And even Bourque had some supporters on here (I was one of them).

quick question: if DD's name were David Douglas and he was from Victoria BC, would he get a sniff at #1C or #1PP unit? hmmm, idk that's a tough one, I'll have to ask my buddy Chris Nilan

You mean like how Scott Gomez got #1C/#1PP time forever until David Desharnais replaced him?

Eller has his supporters on here. Heck, a few posters are perturbed by the fact that others seem to want to give him the benefit of the doubt too often. He's not Mr. Popular but he certainly isn't Public Enemy #1 on here either. There's a mix of positive and negative with him as there should be.

As for Bourque, a lot of his criticism was warranted. He didn't hustle and didn't produce most nights. Desharnais puts in an honest effort and puts up some points as well so there's bound to be a difference in how much vitriol there is directed at each one. And even Bourque had some supporters on here (I was one of them).

"Eller has his supporters here"

so does dd, whats your point?

its ok to bash Eller because he has his supporters?

its ok to bash bourque because it was warranted?

well , not that i'm planning on bashing dd.............. but i'm sure who ever does will feel its warranted as you obviously do with Bourque

what I'm hearing is "easy on the bashing boys....unless of course i agree its warranted" cheers

quick question: if DD's name were David Douglas and he was from Victoria BC, would he get a sniff at #1C or #1PP unit? hmmm, idk that's a tough one, I'll have to ask my buddy Chris Nilan

me thinks not

If Douglas worked his as off in ECHL, then same in AHL and is doing well at NHL level then, yes Douglas would likely get some PP time.

(would I switch up personal, I think so but also would of traded DD for nothing last fall)

DD averages 52points/year or 0.63ppg for $3.5/yr,

Max averages 55points/yr, 0.67ppg for $4.5m/yr with same icetime.

SO, I guess same question to you, should Pacioretty be on the PP or making too much$/value-offense? :popcorn: