2016 NHL Entry Draft Thread

dlbalr

I'm almost postive we'll see some action tomorrow involving MB. My guess is Emelin/pick gets traded for a late 2nd.

I like the cut of your jib, but Emelin still has a full NTC till July 1st.

I like the cut of your jib, but Emelin still has a full NTC till July 1st.

It's potentially an issue. Suppose the team won't be on his NTC list after that time though, do you really invoke it knowing you're still going to be dealt there a week later? If it's a team he plans to have on his list - then it's still going to be an issue.

So, that pretty much settles it - Stamkos to Detroit, no?

I don't know why he'd want to go there - they are no longer a perennial contender.

So did Bergevin trade those 2nd round picks so he could sleep in an extra 15 minutes tomorrow, or is he likely to try to get into the 2nd round this year?

He's going to use the time to talk to pending UFAs to gauge their interest in Montreal!

In Bergevin's press conference just now:

"Do you have anything going on to bring in an established offensive player?"

*thinks about it... shakes head* "No"

Bergevin's cone of silence, or telling the truth?

I don't know why he'd want to go there - they are no longer a perennial contender.

I agree, but I'm not sure that general perception around the league has really caught up to the fact that the Wings are a run of the mill team. Heck, add Stamkos to our roster and we probably have a better chance of winning the Cup than the Wings do if they add him. But there's this aura around the Wings. It irks me, but I think it's real.

He's going to use the time to talk to pending UFAs to gauge their interest in Montreal!

I think he should spend that time apologizing to pk for even listening to offers for him. :)

If he said yes, might it be considered tampering if it's a UFA?

If he said yes, might it be considered tampering if it's a UFA?

Yes Benning is being charged for Tampering on BOTH P.K. and Stamkos

The Leafs were charged with Tampering for Ron Wilson saying he wanted the sedins 4 days before they were UFA as well.

You can't publically name a person.

Bergevin could say... there are some potential UFAs I'm looking at, but i can't tell you who.. thats fine. He can't hint at them though, can't give anything away that identifies who he's after.

Don't agree with that anymore. They have been striking out with free agents for quite a while now. The only notable signing I can think of recently is a washed up brad Richards.

I agree, but I'm not sure that general perception around the league has really caught up to the fact that the Wings are a run of the mill team. Heck, add Stamkos to our roster and we probably have a better chance of winning the Cup than the Wings do if they add him. But there's this aura around the Wings. It irks me, but I think it's real.

Yes Benning is being charged for Tampering on BOTH P.K. and Stamkos

The Leafs were charged with Tampering for Ron Wilson saying he wanted the sedins 4 days before they were UFA as well.

You can't publically name a person.

Bergevin could say... there are some potential UFAs I'm looking at, but i can't tell you who.. thats fine. He can't hint at them though, can't give anything away that identifies who he's after.

So Benning IS the dumbest bunny in the bunch?

If the plan is to bring in that established offensive player in free agency as many expect, then there probably wouldn't be much of anything going on at this stage. I think the plan today for Bergevin (and a lot of teams) might be to try to drop some salary.

Nathan Noel goes to Chicago late in the 4th. He's a re-entry player and is someone the Habs had invited to development camp last year (he declined and went to Anaheim's instead).

Connor Bleackley's still on the board which is surprising. I'd be fine with him in the 5th.

Best name so far? Hardy Haman Aktell to Nashville.