Mar. 30, Lightning vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Chucky is half the player I thought he would be when i watched him in his rookie year.

Pateryn has been very impressive physical stay at home D.

Yes, Subbans 14th goal ties him with his his rookie season.

You seriously thought that Chucky would put up 40 goals and 86 pts at 20-21 years old ?!?! :bonk:

We just don't look like we're playoff ready..I'll still cheer my ass off and hope for the best, but I'm fairly certain that we're a few players away yet. Two big fks at center and a starting rw

Guest Stogey24

We just don't look like we're playoff ready..I'll still cheer my ass off and hope for the best, but I'm fairly certain that we're a few players away yet. Two big fks at center and a starting rw

We have Jesus Price. Have faith

You seriously thought that Chucky would put up 40 goals and 86 pts at 20-21 years old ?!?! :bonk:

More to the game that just than stats. The rink is 200 ft. in length.

No I dont expect Chucky or anyone to get 40 goals points playing for Therrien. Heck under MT I dont even expect a powerplay.

However I thought Chuckys all around game would be way better is all i meant. Points wise? With all the hype and the fact he made the Habs at 18 and deemed too good for AHL......point wise ? Yes i thought he would be more than a 20 goal winger in his 3rd season. Figured after 200 games he could alteast bump super star, scoring machine DD off the number one center man job??

My expectations were too high ... so I've been told. :thumbs_up:

Yep.

More to the game that just than stats. The rink is 200 ft. in length.

No I dont expect Chucky or anyone to get 40 goals points playing for Therrien. Heck under MT I dont even expect a powerplay.

However I thought Chuckys all around game would be way better is all i meant. Points wise? With all the hype and the fact he made the Habs at 18 and deemed too good for AHL......point wise ? Yes i thought he would be more than a 20 goal winger in his 3rd season. Figured after 200 games he could alteast bump super star, scoring machine DD off the number one center man job??

My expectations were too high ... so I've been told.

Dudley has him pegged at point a game player I'm also told.

I think he would be a lock for 25/55 if he got first line/PP minutes. He's buried behind Pacioretty and that's not going to change until he plays center.

I'm jumping on the Brian Wilde bandwagon. The four best centers need to play down the middle:

Galchenyuk

Plekanec

Eller

De La Rose

The only problem is that your second line LW is ... ? Prust?

Do you think he will get more offense playing top 6 centre, instead of top 6 wing?

Dudley noted Rose is more offensive on the wing than when playing centre. The added defensive responsibilities that comes with playing centre, I assume is main reason. Which Galchenyuk struggled with, as is simply not strong enough yet and sucks on faceoffs as well.

Pateryn on the Hot-dog eating 4th d-pairing with Gonchar at practice, as the mighty Gilbert paired with Beaulieu.

Do you think he will get more offense playing top 6 centre, instead of top 6 wing?

Dudley noted Rose is more offensive on the wing than when playing centre. The added defensive responsibilities that comes with playing centre, I assume is main reason. Which Galchenyuk struggled with, as is simply not strong enough yet and sucks on faceoffs as well.

Most centers get better at that in the AHL.

Never seen any centers get better at it playing wing.

Most centers get better at that in the AHL.

Never seen any centers get better at it playing wing.

You have Malhotra on the team.

Just have Eller, Galchenyuk, Plekanec, Gallagher, De La Rose and Desharnais taking turns against Malhotra 15 to 30 minutes per day.

Rinse and repeat.

In the last calendar year, Habs are 4-0 vs Tampa in the playoffs, while Tampa is 5-0 vs Habs in the regular season. Which would we rather? Perhaps Tampa should be worried to play us.

Guest Stogey24

In the last calendar year, Habs are 4-0 vs Tampa in the playoffs, while Tampa is 5-0 vs Habs in the regular season. Which would we rather? Perhaps Tampa should be worried to play us.

Tampa is 7-0 since last year. Pretty sure anyways

Tampa is 7-0 since last year. Pretty sure anyways

All I see is 0-4 against Habs in the playoffs

Insert Bishop into last years playoff and it's an entirely different story

If you put balls on my Aunt she becomes my uncle.

• Upvote 1

Maybe Therrien can ask Leafs for advice on dealing with Tampa? :tumbleweed:

Leafs would answer who is Bishop, that tall guy seated on the bench all game?

If Tampa plays their back up(s) in the play offs like last year, I'm liking the habs chances too. Even the loafs beat them without Bishop.

Pateryn on the Hot-dog eating 4th d-pairing with Gonchar at practice, as the mighty Gilbert paired with Beaulieu.

Only an idiot would make that change after the way Pats has played in hid very first real stint in the nhl.

You have Malhotra on the team.

Just have Eller, Galchenyuk, Plekanec, Gallagher, De La Rose and Desharnais taking turns against Malhotra 15 to 30 minutes per day.

Rinse and repeat.

great drill !

Ask me or the Habs if we give a crap. 4-0 when it actually mattered

lol...when habs win reg season they are "SC contenders" on here.

When they lose 5 outta 5 against tbay........ well, reg season doesn't matter. :nuts: lol die hards

lol...when habs win reg season they are "SC contenders" on here.

When they lose 5 outta 5 against tbay........ well, reg season doesn't matter. :nuts: lol die hards

Man i can't wait till your next suspension. No, actually the Habs went to the conference finals and then followed it up with a battle for first in the conference in the regular season. That's why they are contenders. Tampa hasn't won a playoff series since 2010-11, but I suppose they are contenders eh