Getting ready for 2012-2013

hab29RETIRED

I loathe Steve Moore, hate the amount he chose to sue over just in general not a fan of that guy.

His brother on the other hand LOVE him wish the Habs re upped his deal.

Didn't realize he was steve moore's brother.

I also saw the same bullshit Bruins going after Schenn after a perfectly clean hit delivered by Schenn. I'd rather see a solid hit like the one delivered by Schenn then, have to see a guy have to fight, because the big bad bruins can't tolerate a solid hockey hit being delivered.

Harry Sinden wanted to get rid of fighting and one of the reasons why was the effect he said it had on skilled guys who compete hard, but don't want to fight like Paul Henderson.

He said he thinks guys like Henderson were never as effective in the NHL as they were in international competition were fighting wasn't allowed.

BTW, you have seen what repeated blows to the head do to boxers haven't you - and they wear gloves. There is a also a big diference between guys in the 60's, 70's, 80's throwing punches without really knowing how to fight and guys that are much bigger and train to do damage, like they do now. Not sure if you were asleep during the summer when you had lot of ex-fighters, dying/committing suicide.

You do know that Harry Sinden was the architect of "The Big Bad Bruins",and after that tried to beat the Habs in the 70's by matching O'reilly,Jonathan,Milbury and Wensink to go after the Lafleurs,mahovlichs et.al. The guy is the biggest hypocrite and has always talked out of both sides of his mouth.Much worse than Cherry,Burke or all the others hated here.

Talking about the 70's/80's,you don't think Probert,Schultz,Kocur,Nilan etc. knew how to fight. They fought 20/30+ times a year while todays enforcers fight much less. I do agree that i liked fighting much,much better when it was 2 guys under 200lbs that didn't really hurt each other,instead of oversized or steroid fed guys we have now.

Two other things. I don't like cheap shots at all,no matter who commits them. But I wasn't too upset watching the Flyers cheap shot the B's for much of the game yesterday.And for those that remember the Habs of the 80's,who are very much loved by their fans,had lineups with Nilan,Kordic,Momesso,Corson,Maley, Rooney,Hunter Ludwig,Lemieux,Mcphee and Chelios off thr top of my head. Not the cleanest bunch of guys.Probably the toughest Hab teams ever.And like I said were probably the most favored Habs edition besides the 70's dynasty

I guess Sinden evolved from primate, maybe you should do the same.

There are fewer hypocrites then don cherry. There is a big difference from a guy like probers and nilan who could also score then Laracque, kocur, and Schultz who ha limited to k ow talent. You did read the study they did of proberr's brain riesearch an his struggles with his inner demons and the bottle, and all of the difficulties Nolan had after hockey.

You do know that Harry Sinden was the architect of "The Big Bad Bruins",and after that tried to beat the Habs in the 70's by matching O'reilly,Jonathan,Milbury and Wensink to go after the Lafleurs,mahovlichs et.al. The guy is the biggest hypocrite and has always talked out of both sides of his mouth.Much worse than Cherry,Burke or all the others hated here.

Talking about the 70's/80's,you don't think Probert,Schultz,Kocur,Nilan etc. knew how to fight. They fought 20/30+ times a year while todays enforcers fight much less. I do agree that i liked fighting much,much better when it was 2 guys under 200lbs that didn't really hurt each other,instead of oversized or steroid fed guys we have now.

Really. You the 80's habs were better then the 50's habs. How old are you - 12??

Two other things. I don't like cheap shots at all,no matter who commits them. But I wasn't too upset watching the Flyers cheap shot the B's for much of the game yesterday.And for those that remember the Habs of the 80's,who are very much loved by their fans,had lineups with Nilan,Kordic,Momesso,Corson,Maley, Rooney,Hunter Ludwig,Lemieux,Mcphee and Chelios off thr top of my head. Not the cleanest bunch of guys.Probably the toughest Hab teams ever.And like I said were probably the most favored Habs edition besides the 70's dynasty

• Upvote 1

I guess Sinden evolved from primate, maybe you should do the same.

There are fewer hypocrites then don cherry. There is a big difference from a guy like probers and nilan who could also score then Laracque, kocur, and Schultz who ha limited to k ow talent. You did read the study they did of proberr's brain riesearch an his struggles with his inner demons and the bottle, and all of the difficulties Nolan had after hockey.

Really. You the 80's habs were better then the 50's habs. How old are you - 12??

The M.O of a person who loses an argument: Name-Calling. I should have pointed out the Habs of the mid 80's were the 2nd most liked team in in the 40 years I've watched.Troll and bait someone else.

The M.O of a person who loses an argument: Name-Calling. I should have pointed out the Habs of the mid 80's were the 2nd most liked team in in the 40 years I've watched.Troll and bait someone else.

The Irony of this post is just too much.

You spend alot of time here trolling my posts and trying to bait me.Get a life dude,stop acting like a nosy old lady

*cough* irony alert again

I'd like to say that the vast majority of the members of this forum are highly educated individuals who are well versed in habs lore. In fact until your recent appearance I would say all the regular posters on this forum give insightful and thought out opinions which should be respected.

Commandant has been a really valuable and informative poster on this forum. His opinions are always well thought out and are normally backed up by stats and other things he can quickly produce on request. Yourself. You don't have this ability as you seem to be blowing hot air most the time and cannot actually back your opinions up because you are misinformed and the people here have a much superior and in depth knowledge of the club, its history and present organization :)

Have a nice day.

With respect to the many comments I've posted during the last two years of why I think the habs should have and should try and get Robinson in as an assistant coach to work with Subban and other young dman.

here's a great article from Bobby Holik, giving his take on Subban and mentions his own experience with Robinson and Lemaire:

http://holikonhockey.com/bobby-blog/pk-subban/

I think he nails it on the head and has the same opinion of how to handle Subban as I do and why I've hated how Martin has handled Subban.

I also have issue with how he handled Weber. Frankly, I think that if Weber is traded within 2 years he will be a MUCH better dman then diaz and could potentially be a top 3 dman. What possessed the coaching staff to constantly shuffle a 20-21 year old between defense and forward is beyond me. It's no wonder the kid is messed up at the blue line. It's one thing to do that with a 26 year old Streit, who actually has played the position for a number of years, but it just seems utter stupidity to do it with a kid learning the pro game.

I really don't think the habs should move Weber unless they can get a 2nd round pick with him and I don' think there will be a shortage of teams willing to give up a 2nd round pick for a young dman who has the potential to be a stud on the PP. I get we have a lot of right hand dman. But if I had a choice of moving Kaberle or Weber at the deadline, I'd move Kaberle and work on improving and developing Weber. Defensively, Kaberle is as good as he will ever be - which is pretty crappy. IMO, Weber can become just as effective as Wiz was on the PP, but could also be much better defensively. While I get there is no room to have two similar dman in Weber and Diaz, does it really matter about keeping the better dman this year, when its a loss season anyways??? If weber does become the better dman next year, or the year after (when we are hopefully a playoff team), isn't it more important to have the better player at that time, then it is now???

*cough* irony alert again

I'd like to say that the vast majority of the members of this forum are highly educated individuals who are well versed in habs lore. In fact until your recent appearance I would say all the regular posters on this forum give insightful and thought out opinions which should be respected.

Commandant has been a really valuable and informative poster on this forum. His opinions are always well thought out and are normally backed up by stats and other things he can quickly produce on request. Yourself. You don't have this ability as you seem to be blowing hot air most the time and cannot actually back your opinions up because you are misinformed and the people here have a much superior and in depth knowledge of the club, its history and present organization :)

Have a nice day.

You comment,agree with everything he posts.I would bet you two are one in the same ,posting as two different people. Get a life Comm. And I predicted signing the 3 amigos would be a disaster in 2-3 years,i said we needed toughness,and back in Sept. i said this was the worst Hab team since 2001. My opinions and predictions are sooo much better than any "knowledge" you have.

I don't think Weber will ever be a better Dman than Diaz defensively though. I just don't see it in him. He's never shown the ability to compensate for his lack of size and strength... which Diaz has done with better skating and lateral mobility than Weber.

Alright, folks. This is the 4th straight thread I've read where I've seen pot shots taken at other members. I don't mind the odd remark here and there as we all share a similar passion and the season has been frustrating; emotion can get the best of everyone. This has passed that stage now. Please refrain from 'getting into it' on a personal level with each other. If someone is instigating things, flag the post or send either myself or one of the mods a PM and we will take care of it.

I hate getting involved in these things but I have been sent some notes with concerns lately about this and I share those. Let's just try to be a little more courteous and respectful of opinions.

Thanks.

I don't think Weber will ever be a better Dman than Diaz defensively though. I just don't see it in him. He's never shown the ability to compensate for his lack of size and strength... which Diaz has done with better skating and lateral mobility than Weber.

I tend to agree with that, but that cannon from the back end has not been exploited enough. Which surprises me. If the PP was working, I could see not changing it, but the fact that he has not been put with Kaberle on the PP once confuses me. Looks like the goat will trade another player on a low.

I tend to agree with that, but that cannon from the back end has not been exploited enough. Which surprises me. If the PP was working, I could see not changing it, but the fact that he has not been put with Kaberle on the PP once confuses me. Looks like the goat will trade another player on a low.

Weber has been with Kaberle lately though. Of the 21:17 they've played together (of which 1 PPG has been scored in that time), 11:17 have been in the last 3 games Weber has suited up for.