Going for Five! Flyers @ Bell Centre: 7PM

Whine all you want but the refs did everything right. And for christs sake STOP GIVING AWAY THE PUCK!

I was a bit surprised that they didn't whistle it dead for incidental contact with the goalie. The guy who scored the goal was on top of Price at one point and Price never really got back into position after.

I was a bit surprised that they didn't whistle it dead for incidental contact with the goalie. The guy who scored the goal was on top of Price at one point and Price never really got back into position after.

Exactly, DalHabs, u crazy brah.... :rastapop:

A great win in the end, now wasn't it? :1banana: :1banana: :1banana:

Whine all you want but the refs did everything right. And for christs sake STOP GIVING AWAY THE PUCK!

You must have been watching a different game.

Well that was a very good game, much as I did not like the gonchar trade, it appears to be working. Who would have thunk that? Weiss just great, I know he probably can't keep it up but what a run. the team played really well except for a little let down. But they came back got some luck and are now 1st overall in the NHL. :canada::1banana::habslogo:

Yeah, I saw a game where the refs penalized Gallagher for being held down by a Flyer, then penalized him again and disallowed a goal because he was battling in the crease - clearly Gally is a marked man - and then allowed a ridiculous amount of goalie interference on a scoring play that would be whistled down 98% of the time.

Anyway, it didn't matter in the end because the Habs were so obviously the better team that not even drunken refs could kibosh 'em. :thumbs_up:

Nathan Beaulieu, only 8:25 TOI. Thats not sustainable. Either MT starts rotating a man out or he has to go back to Hamilton till an injury pops up.

Yeah, he'll be back to Hamilton. He looked a little bit shaky in the the third and MT's sixth sense of when to demote a player must have been tingling.

Was watching the Fed beat Warinka in London on the PVR so I got to the game late and missed the interaction, but was pretty darned happy with the results. I haven't been concerned longterm about our PP, but it was gratifying to see them pop in 3 so handily as our talent suggests we should. I anticipate more of this, and tonight another good look at the team we have emerging.

I also thought Philly showed themselves to be a really good team.

Lady Luck controlled a few bounces tonight, and the boys came to play. Lots of good things out there.

2 pts for Gonchar tonight. He's good with the puck and has seen it all. There's no doubt but that his 40 year old legs won't be enough on some occasions, but watching him tonight, he seems to have good anticipation. I like him on the powerplay as his play seems automatic, unconsciously competent, which is what ya want. And I like that he shoots. Wristers are easy to deflect and hell on a goalie when they are.

Go Gonchar!!

Nathan Beaulieu, only 8:25 TOI. Thats not sustainable. Either MT starts rotating a man out or he has to go back to Hamilton till an injury pops up.

After 2 quite dominant games like that, your comment is about a #6/7 d-man getting short-shifted....come on?

They are #1 team in league......I know some will find some way to discredit that (weak eastern conference, lucky, due only to Price, very lucky, too small to be real contender, etc) but in the end is about Wins-Losses and this team couldn't do much better could it?

Gonchar has already matched Rene & Travis combined production......in just 2 games. :clap:

Habs are number 1 in the league and they haven't played that great, although they seem to be getting going lately.

I guess we don't need to fire the coach just yet..... But if we slip to number two..,,,,,, :)

Yup, you know are just one loss from resurrection of Hab-bashathon. :flaming:

But, am quite giddy about lofty position and banking points for playoffs, because there will be another poor stretch or two guaranteed.

4 game Mid-West road trip to start Dec, should be a good test.

Anyways, Wings game today should be a good one.