Going for Five! Flyers @ Bell Centre: 7PM

Just caught the highlites. Was at Fogarty/CCR concert last night getting updates of the game. Sounds like ya all were pleased with the win as well as the effort. Prust looks to be playing like he did the year he arrived. Galchenyuk setting up pk for one timer was a beauty. Three assists on the night for the kid. Gonchar smooth again. DD got his monthly goal I see. Weiss best bang for the buck in the league?

Now the De-stroy-it Red Wings!

Just caught the highlites. Was at Fogarty/CCR concert last night getting updates of the game. Sounds like ya all were pleased with the win as well as the effort. Prust looks to be playing like he did the year he arrived. Galchenyuk setting up pk for one timer was a beauty. Three assists on the night for the kid. Gonchar smooth again. DD got his monthly goal I see. Weiss best bang for the buck in the league?

Now the De-stroy-it Red Wings!

Hahahaha..."monthly goal". I like your comment on Prust. He is really, really bringing it and has really impressed me with his effectiveness and effort, and Gonchar sure does seem smooth alright. Inevitably he'll get caught now and then, but it's all a matter of the balance, and he really seems to be helping things happen out there with his smoot veteran responses and PP prowess. Can't say enough about Weise. Good post. DD's a bit of an enigma for me.

DON:

Habs30/31 seems to prefer Eller's 0.33 points per game and consistently minus rating (to match his shoddy defensive play) to DDs consistent .66 PPG ratio and solid defensive play.

Now, I'm hoping that Eller turns it around, but the advantage of DD is theres nothing for him to turn around. He's already consistently good.

I think Eller has " turned it around" in the last few games. I think the real question is can Eller produce consistently? Lets hope he demonstrates commitment and drive and his enhanced scoring touch again tonight

Next stretch of games is pretty tough. Lots of good teams coming up packed into 6 games in 9 nights.

I love it.

Pittsburgh - St. Louis - Boston. If they can come out of those with 2-out-of-3, I'll be happy. And it will remind everyone this is not a flukey bit of luck. The Rangers should be beatable. Then they can follow that up with home-and-home sweep of the Sabres (keeping in mind what Buffalo did to the Laughs this weekend, so we don't get embarassed.) I am hoping for 10 points in the next 6: 39 points in 25 games.

I thought DD has been playing OK and havnt really noticed negative play from him? :huh:

You're probably right. I think I've just been noticing him when he loses a puck or misses a pass etc, etc. I haven't really been tracking him and he sure seems to be working pretty hard out there. He seemed to be flying against Detroit.

Our team ... the newly improved one , is emerging after a respectful consideration due last season's contributors.

I really like what I see out there.

DON:

Habs30/31 seems to prefer Eller's 0.33 points per game and consistently minus rating (to match his shoddy defensive play) to DDs consistent .66 PPG ratio and solid defensive play.

Now, I'm hoping that Eller turns it around, but the advantage of DD is theres nothing for him to turn around. He's already consistently good.

Not so much what i "prefer"............. just hoping Eller can match what he did in last years play offs............... and that dd never matches what he did in last years play offs. The team would be much better off if they could both accomplish that. Wouldn't you agree?

DON:

Personally i like DD. He is a decent second line center playing first line duty. But "consistently good" nah.......... plays with one of the best snipers in the league, gets top ice time and prime pp time. Just scored his first goal in regulation time on Saturday. Giving him two on the season. Consistently good, nah. He is also the main centerman on the 28th ranked pp in the league. Consistently good, nah. We all know that if the big centerman that all the other contenders have atleast one of (some have two, kings have three) if MB aquired one of them DD would be bumped off the pp in a heartbeat. But until then he plays the role best he can. Cudos to the little guy.

The habs don't have a "first line."

They have three "Second Lines" ranging from very good to okay. (Which is strictly better than having a dominant first line, an okay second line, and a mediocre third line.)

The habs don't have a "first line."

They have three "Second Lines" ranging from very good to okay. (Which is strictly better than having a dominant first line, an okay second line, and a mediocre third line.)

yes it is.

that, and great goaltending and a little luck gets you to the semis (maybe)

yes it is.

that, and great goaltending and a little luck gets you to the semis (maybe)

Staying healthy with no big injuries to key players for the 6 weeks or so of playoffs would be big bonus for sure, to help win a cup (maybe).

Let's win one first..against the Pens, ok?

if I want to put cart before horse, I should be ridiculed; but still.... 14-4-1 holy crap, sweeeeeett start to season!

Bah, I'm hopeful too bud, this team, with Price in net, is definitely a threat to any team in a series. get to the semi's and ya never know!