NHL playoffs Quarter- Finals

DON

I assume West schedule must be set now?

If Isles and Wings both win today, will that speed up start of Habs series?

Do you think other teams might of noticed 30 saves in last two period by #31?

I picked every team wrong in the west. *grumble*

Thought Jets-Canucks would win their series. Didnt care bout Minni or Hawks ones.

I'm surprised Minny took out St Louis with such ease. Are they an 'under the radar' Quiet Contender? Any thoughts?

Anything I say about the west is clearly uninformed, so I will refrain from commenting.

I'm surprised Minny took out St Louis with such ease. Are they an 'under the radar' Quiet Contender? Any thoughts?

I have them winning the west in my playoff predictions so they are not under the radar for me.

They were the best team in the NHL in the second half of the season. They are just very, very deep at forward and D. Everyone talks about Suter and forgets Spurgeon and Scandella. Scandella is basically what I think Nathan Beaulieu will be in two years. What's funny is that Tomas Vanek is once again disappearing in the playoffs but they have so much depth it's not such a big deal. Dubnyk was the hottest goalie in the second half of the season and was strong in the first round aside from the Blues last win.

I think its less about Minny's awesomeness and more about St Louis being perennial choke artists. For me, they are the new San Jose. Analysts have them as favorites every year when in fact they are choke artists. I picked minny in the bracket challenge this year, but I would have picked any team that was playing against St Louis. I will bet against them next year too. Don't care what they do in the regular season

• Upvote 1

Seems the same for East as well...but that hasnt stopped you! :nuts:

Hey! The only two series that have completed in the East, I picked right! The other two series I kinda WANT to be wrong about, so that's okay...but they're not done yet.

Would be nice to see 1st round end today, Go Isles & Wings Go! :wavetowel:

Hey! The only two series that have completed in the East, I picked right! The other two series I kinda WANT to be wrong about, so that's okay...but they're not done yet.

Just joking, I gave up on all pools/fantasy stuff, I simply suck at prognostication!

I think its less about Minny's awesomeness and more about St Louis being perennial choke artists. For me, they are the new San Jose. Analysts have them as favorites every year when in fact they are choke artists. I picked minny in the bracket challenge this year, but I would have picked any team that was playing against St Louis. I will bet against them next year too. Don't care what they do in the regular season

Dont think st louis is that bad.......bad luck draws in first round. Lost to Kings, Hawks, Minny in last 3 first rounds. (minny best record in the league since january.

Blues need a goalie.

Too afraid that Game 1 or 2 will happen on Saturday (my birthday party). So I scored tix for game 6 instead. :halm:

I want to say this in the nicest way, but I hope you don't get to use them cause we are on to round 3 by then.

Dont think st louis is that bad.......bad luck draws in first round. Lost to Kings, Hawks, Minny in last 3 first rounds. (minny best record in the league since january.

Blues need a goalie.

Yeah, it's hard to win a series with at least 1 bad goal given up per game... I agree Blues need a goalie. Also maybe if Pietriangelo and Shattenkirk were really as good as the Pierre Maguires of the world say, they wouldn't be here now, and we know Bowmeester sucks in crunch time, so yeah no surprise that Suter and Parise led team ousted them to me...

Hope a few more fellers get kronwalled tomorrow. The beat up winner of that series will only get one day off. I'm a bit worried about Datsyuk. Is on his game big time

No one's getting Kronwalled tomorrow - Kronwall won't play as he has been suspended.