GDT | Montreal at Chicago | December 21, 2011 | 1930 EST

lazy26

Brobin, i know your being sarcastic but Subban has frankly been bnrutal. I woudl sit him a few games. he could learn something and give his head a shake. I agree he is in over his, no question too many minutes. What's the worst that will happen, they will score one goal, give up 4 or 5? What's the big deal.

That was a snooze fest. Is it me or did i see a couple of body checks in the 2nd?

Can they atleast play Emelin so i can see a few body checks and get excited about something.

Throwing the forwards in a blender isn't a bad idea right now either.

1 day closer to a lottery pick.

I am betting it's 2012 before the next win

I do NOT like the Kaberle-Campoli duo! Too many riverboat gambler moves every game.

i don't see the point of pairing two guys who can't spell d-e-f-e-n-s-e together.

Didn't see the game, and it seems I should be glad I didn't.

The Habs needed to take a stand in December and so far they don't appear up to the task. It's sad, and tough to be a fan of a team with the mental fortitude of Marvin from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

"Oh we lost again? Figures. We really never were a good team."

MarvinHabs.jpg

Brobin, i know your being sarcastic but Subban has frankly been bnrutal. I woudl sit him a few games. he could learn something and give his head a shake. I agree he is in over his, no question too many minutes. What's the worst that will happen, they will score one goal, give up 4 or 5? What's the big deal.

That was a snooze fest. Is it me or did i see a couple of body checks in the 2nd?

Can they atleast play Emelin so i can see a few body checks and get excited about something.

Throwing the forwards in a blender isn't a bad idea right now either.

1 day closer to a lottery pick.

I am betting it's 2012 before the next win

He has not been BRUTAL. He made a couple of mistakes. I saw very similar mistakes for the other D throughout the game that didn't go in the net. Subban has owned up to his mistakes and no one is denying them. Still, he is only minus 2 on the season, leading the ice time with Gorges against the other team's top lines. His mistakes are therefore more likely to be in our net and he might even make more, but he certainly makes fewer per minute played then anyone besides Gorges on this team.

You might also have noticed that these mistakes are happening late in games and late in shifts. His ice time needs to be cut down a bit, not eliminated. If the other D were not WORSE then Subban, we could do that.

Its the over the top "that guy is BRUTAL, BENCH him" mantra fans do that drives me nuts. We rotate through the players with this stuff and it is not very insightful, imo. There are many players on this team doing far less then Subban who should improve their game first. If we had some offense the goalies and D would not have to play a perfect game to get a win, night after night.

Its funny how guys like Emelin can play half the time, make many more mistakes, but playing them is the solution to all our woes. Go ahead and give him Subban's minutes. I am serious. You will be begging to get Subban back in the game. Same goes for Gorges, who has also had a rough couple of games.

Subban should not have to hold this team up with these kinds of minutes, but we have no choice. So why not cut him and Gorges some slack for doing the best they can. I would put my focus on the forwards, most of who are doing ZERO.

• Upvote 2

No, i believe in all players being treated equal. It sends a better message. You are correct that other Dmen have been worse then Subban.

I think he has been brutal, every night he makes a few big mistakes that wind up in the net. It's not just the end of the games beleive me.

I think he will be a really good player but he should not be exempt from a game or 2 sit down to change his play.

There are alot of players IMO who should ride the bench a game or 2. I'm not picking on Subban.

being benched changed him last year

Wow. I didn't see the game - it's a tough time of year for that - but what a disappointing outcome. This was close to a must-win.

3 points out in December...if we fall much another 2-3 points behind, it becomes basically hopeless.

This looks to be something like what happened in 2009. Total team collapse. It would not surprise me at all to find out that there are deep rifts within the locker room. These guys don't appear to be anything like the tight, mutually-sacrificing bunch that emerged in the playoffs of 2010 and carried through right to Game 7 of last year; they are playing like a team with little faith in each other and (perhaps) little mutual concern. I wonder if Carriere's presence on the bench is really intended as a way of sussing out the dynamics of the room in order to permit an efficient purge.

I wonder if Carriere's presence on the bench is really intended as a way of sussing out the dynamics of the room in order to permit an efficient purge.

Is there really any doubt of that?

Gainey went behind the bench and let half the team walk away in free agency. He didn't like the atmosphere in the dressing room.

If Gauthier could get away with it, he'd be sitting right there beside Cammalleri.

Is there really any doubt of that?

Gainey went behind the bench and let half the team walk away in free agency. He didn't like the atmosphere in the dressing room.

If Gauthier could get away with it, he'd be sitting right there beside Cammalleri.

That's another irony in all of this. Come season's end, no one will be better positioned to know how to fix the internal poison than Gauthier and Carriere. Yet they will probably be canned before they can put this knowledge into action, likely to be replaced by people with zero understanding of the dynamics of the room. <_< Swell.

This week looks bad so far. But let's face it, we lost to the champs by one goal, and were in the game last night through the first two periods. The Hawks look primed to go deep in the playoffs, maybe even into the finals vs the Bruins. Last nights 2 empty netters make this look worse. I hate the word confidence, I laugh when people try and get into the head of a pro athlete from what they see on tv. But that word is being used a lot to describe the lack of scoring and missed opportunities. That wide open net that Pacioretty couldn't hit would have tied the game at 2.