Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

You could be 100% correct?

However, extra workload and sustaining leg injury in late-Feb, is not generally recommended mid-late season tune up for #1 goalie. (Has Price got back to 100% yet?)

And main reason why I wasn't so keen on him (nor Subban) starting in Russia. And if you think he was 100% before Krieder hit him, I might not be so sure.

Mid season tournaments are just goofy, as if 100 games arnt enough.

I do recall the Habs beating Tampa AND Boston with this injured goalie... Price's Olympic participation had nothing to do with the loss vs Rag$.

100% agree and i'll add that it probably gave him a lot more confidence by proving proven doubters wrong that he is among the top 3 nhl goalies.

Sure is good notch on Price's belt and career CV, but was it good for Habs playoff run?

Not one bit, just the opposite, will it pay dividends in long run?

When it did the opposite for Luongo after winning Gold, so who knows.

The Olympics helped Price because they made him a champion. I believe that he can draw extra reserves of confidence from that experience; and it also helped to enhance his aura around the league, which can only help in terms of intimidating opponents. That's a lower-grade version of what happened with Roy after 1993, when he made the jump from being merely a very good goalie to being a Presence who had the opposition half-beaten before the game started.

I would, however, like to see Price's workload slightly reduced. Two consecutive late-season injuries is worrisome to me. He is absolutely critical to this organization and protecting him a little better might be a good idea.

Yup, without Price Habs are basically the Leafs.

I wouldn't go that far. But there's no question that Price is an absolute cornerstone and a key to any competitive advantage we'll have on any given night. Gainey's vision for that #5 pick took longer to materialize than we'd hoped, but it's here now. And he has to be healthy for the long haul if this team is ever gonna take the next step to genuine contender.

I wouldn't go that far. But there's no question that Price is an absolute cornerstone and a key to any competitive advantage we'll have on any given night. Gainey's vision for that #5 pick took longer to materialize than we'd hoped, but it's here now. And he has to be healthy for the long haul if this team is ever gonna take the next step to genuine contender.

I just hope he is 100% and wont have lingering leg issue all season.

Yes Gainey made right choice when Timmins said, in his opinion, Marc Staal = Carey Price and which do you want @ #5, flip a coin!

How he knew a goalie was that good when he was 17, was quite something, seeing as Goalie prospects are just so hard to project to pro career.

Yup, without Price Habs are basically the Leafs.

I hope there's a Maritimer close to you to wash your mouth out with soap!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I hope there's a Maritimer close to you to wash your mouth out with soap!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

When I stop crying .. I'll go.. Haven't been in BC in a while.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to me that best case scenario is DLR & Sekac pushing Galchenyuk to center. Forcing a trade that inevitably has to happen. If both Tinordi & Beaulieu are also ready.. is Emelin an expendable commodity a la Gorges?

David Perron

-for-

Desharnais, Emelin & mid prospect or pick

Pacioretty Galchenyuk Perron

Sekac Plekanec Parenteau

De La Rose Eller Gallagher

Prust Malhotra Weise

Moen Bournival

Markov Subban

Beaulieu Gilbert

Tinordi Weaver

Pateryn

Price

Tokarski

Perron is really the only francophone player the Habs could acquire that meets their needs EXACTLY! While being able to keep Plekanec and trade DD with ZERO french criticism.. even better! Even if.. if.. Evander Kane was straight up magically snatched for Davie alone.. there would stiiiilllllllll be sneers form La Bauce to temiscamingue to tadousac de pic de ha ha. lmao

C'mon September, getter goin'!!! :wall:

markovs effectiveness will diminish very soon..i don't think mb will trade emelin because in a year or so, it'll be markov as the 7th d..unless pateryn can squeeze him out

At a cap hit of $5.75 M for 3 years, they're not expecting Markov to be a #7 that may or may not get squeezed out by Greg Pateryn. He played over 25 minutes per game last year; barring injury, he shouldn't have any issue handling 20 minutes for a couple of years at least.

...he looked awful in ecf. 20+ minutes is far too much for those knees to handle. and I did say in a year or so.

Even in Year 3, he's not going to be a #7 in their eyes. If they thought he would regress that quickly, they would have let him walk. A reasonable minute distribution over the contract would probably be 22/20/18. That's 3+ minutes off what he had last year where he struggled at the end (Therrien loves Markov, expecting him to cut his time by more than that doesn't seem likely) and then a reasonable 2 minutes for each of the last two years. At 18 minutes a night - or even 15 - that's not #7 territory.

I would not trade ANY of our top-4 defencemen for help a FW until Beaulieu and/or Tinordi have emerged as solid, reliable replacements. Many fans seem to wildly under-estimate the importance of quality D and how challenging it is for rookies to play top-4 minutes at that position. Shipping out Emelin is a recipe for disaster.

• Upvote 1

I think Emelin is going to have a great season this year, he was picking his game up toward the end of last year, to where it was before he got hurt. Playing his proper side is going to help, as is training camp with no rehab to do for months before he plays. His hitting is elite or near it, and it's something the Habs need on the back end, especially if Tinordi isn't ready to join the big club. Even if he is, the trust by MT won't be there as much as it is for Emelin, so minutes will be somewhat limited, so IMO Emelin is a very important guy on next season's roster....

• 1 month later...

Lots of Chatter about Staal. Any truth to him wanting to move or that the Canes are shopping him ?

Lots of Chatter about Staal. Any truth to him wanting to move or that the Canes are shopping him ?

If there's any truth, the price is likely way too high right now. Carolina is desperate for depth and will probably want three players combined at Staals salary or less for him. Top young players.

If there's any truth, the price is likely way too high right now. Carolina is desperate for depth and will probably want three players combined at Staals salary or less for him. Top young players.

The "rumour" has Kadri/Bozak + Rielly/Franson + 1st pick for Staal