Habs sign Jiri Sekac

dlbalr

• 2 months later...

Kazan in the KHL just acquired Jiri Sekac's KHL rights.

This of course is sending Twitter into a tailspin thinking he's gonna jump because of his recent inexplicable benching. While I hope the kid has more resolve than a Nygren, it illuminates how dumb it is for Sekac to sit and Bourque to play.

It should be noted that Kazan can acquire his rights without speaking to him or his agent.

Sorry, illuminate it some more?

However; I agree Sekac should be playing....but in Hamilton (where I said he should of been right from the start).

Basically, you know how when the Habs draft players and they are not signed, their rights are owned by them?

That's what Kazan did. They picked up Sekac's rights. It doesn't mean Sekac has to play for them and he can't even leave to play for them. He's under contract and obligation to the Habs. But his agent, Allan Walsh, likely wanted to put some pressure on Montreal.

Sekac hasn't once complained about being benched and made it clear he knew it would be harder to make the Habs than other teams. But Walsh wants his client to play. Suggesting to Kazan to buy his rights was a power play.

No big deal, he is an unproven player who cant crack lineup and maybe Hudon-Andrighetto-Thomas-Bournival are all better players anyways?

Is Bourque a better player than Sekac?

who knows, we've only seen about 5 minutes of sekac

those 5 minutes have been better than 2+ years of Bourque's lazy ass

Sekac deserves to play. I have not seen him take shift off in the few games he was able to play.

Here are the players he should always dress ahead of.

Prust, Moen, Weise, Bournival, Bourque.

Furthermore the Canadiens should never dress a line up that includes all 4 of the following Prust, Moen & Weise. One of those guys should always be scratched.

Speed and offensive depth are important to a team like the Canadiens because they don't have that 1 line or 1 forward that can do it on his own and score at will.

Sekac deserves to play. I have not seen him take shift off in the few games he was able to play.

Here are the players he should always dress ahead of.

Prust, Moen, Weise, Bournival, Bourque.

Furthermore the Canadiens should never dress a line up that includes all 4 of the following Prust, Moen & Weise. One of those guys should always be scratched.

Speed and offensive depth are important to a team like the Canadiens because they don't have that 1 line or 1 forward that can do it on his own and score at will.

I couldn't agree more...

Sekac has skill, and we need some skill.

We also need someone to beat the sh!t outta somebody sometimes to change the course of sleep walking through loses such as the last two...

Someone to show the other team it's not a free 2 points....

Maybe the leadership ra ra of Gorges and Gionta was bigger than we all thought...

Because their leadership is really helping buffalo improve...

Sekac has skill, and we need some skill.

We also need someone to beat the sh!t outta somebody sometimes to change the course of sleep walking through loses such as the last two...

Someone to show the other team it's not a free 2 points....

Maybe the leadership ra ra of Gorges and Gionta was bigger than we all thought...

Because their leadership is really helping buffalo improve...

I didn't say anything other than maybe, and Mtl does have more chips than Buffalo man, I didn't say anything other than maybe the Habs miss some of that... maybe

didn't say Buffalo improved either, don't put words in my mouth, I have enough of my own.

Gretzky couldnt help Sabres (nor do Sabre fans want them to win, what with McDavid hoopla).

Would love to see Sekac finally sent to Hamilton.

(Hudon, Andrighetto & Thomas all starting season strong; Hudon 9pts-10games is a shifty lil player and playing with them got to be better than press-box)

Gretzky couldnt help Sabres (nor do Sabre fans want them to win, what with McDavid hoopla).

Would love to see Sekac finally sent to Hamilton.

(Hudon, Andrighetto & Thomas all starting season strong; Hudon 9pts-10games is a shifty lil player and playing with them got to be better than press-box)

I feel for Sekac he has done everything that was asked of him and been the good soldier but he is not being given an opportunity.

Practice before the Blackhawks game had Bourque and Sekac splitting the practice on the third line. Bourque played third line against Chicago with no results. Sekac in against Buffalo.

Great let's see what the kid can do.