Prust Malhotra Thomas

Moen Dumont Fournier

Beaulieu Gilbert

Emelin Nygren

Ellis Weaver

Tokarski

Who win's? Tokarski or Fucale?

no contest..the vets will toy with them

Nice to hear Lapointe was most impressed with Sekac and MacMillan/Hudon impressed.

Not a big surprise McCarron told to work on skating/mobility.

But also I thought comment by person that Bergevin doing well with staff he has chosen well.

And nice to hear LaPointe critiquing himself and admitting he is still learning/improving his camp set up/process and staying in touch with all the kids.

50 kids seems like a lot to work with, but maybe is good/bad?

I believe everyone will be sent home with something to work on. I wonder if we have any reports of tryouts invited to rookie camp because that might indicate that they were at least in the mix for Hamilton/ Wheeling.

dlbalr had 3 20 year olds picked out, prior to camp, that may sneak a try-out contract in Wheeling/Hamilton, Wardley-Gadoury-Padokin, but not sure is these 3 or any other 20 year olds stood out?

Hamilton needs older journeymen leaders both at forward/defense, team already is darn young.

dlbalr had 3 20 year olds picked out, prior to camp, that may sneak a try-out contract in Wheeling/Hamilton, Wardley-Gadoury-Padokin, but not sure is these 3 or any other 20 year olds stood out?

Hamilton needs older journeymen leaders both at forward/defense, team already is darn young.

My picks didn't do all that well from the sounds of things. Wardley tried to hit everything that moved. Given that Hamilton doesn't have a true enforcer right now, I could see him getting an invite to rookie camp to see if he could fill that role. Gadoury was very quiet and didn't play yesterday. I don't think that's a good thing for him. Padakin didn't do much either from what I've read.

Some tryouts that apparently played well:

G CJ Motte (the Habs don't have an ECHL goalie at the moment, they could maybe offer him an ELC, has 1 NCAA year left)

F Mike Szmatula (likely heading back to college)

D Vince Muto (I posted a link about him yesterday on the main page, his coach expects him back in college, 3 NCAA years left)

We have been saying for 2-3 years that we need some veteran leadership. As we are currently standing, i would suggest that you might want to bring in some left handed defensemen as depth. Thrower, Pateryn, Ellis, Dietz, Makowski and Nygren are all right. that leaves Drewiske,Bennett---Tinordi and Beaulieu we believe at least one will make the Habs.

Yes I agree, Tinordi or Beaulieu will make the Oct. roster.

My fav (obviously) and 1st choice would be the big fellow. I just dont think Beaulieu is as 'committed' or focused on being a pro as the 'Tin-Man' is. And offensive d-men are not my favourite type of player. I like the slugs who get maybe 1 goal/year and don't show on scoresheet (as I was).

Yes I agree, Tinordi or Beaulieu will make the Oct. roster.

My fav (obviously) and 1st choice would be the big fellow. I just dont think Beaulieu is as 'committed' or focused on being a pro as the 'Tin-Man' is. And offensive d-men are not my favourite type of player. I like the slugs who get maybe 1 goal/year and don't show on scoresheet (as I was).

Counter offer: Both make the team as 6/7 defensemen, both play with Weaver depending on whether we want another puck-mover or a shutdown guy that night.

The only problem is that most of the young players vying for that RW spot don't actually play RW. Sekac is a natural LW and has said he's not all that comfortable on the right. de la Rose is a C who played a lot of LW last year. Andrighetto is a right winger but shoots left and was actually being used on the left side last year (and centre for some odd reason). I think the opening at RW is because of the absolute dearth of quality RW's in free agency, not so much to keep a spot open for prospects.

Except Bourque is a natural RW, so it might be an opening at LW that we actually have.

I haven't seen him, but all reports are that Hudon has looked brilliant at Centre. I fully expect him to be a centre in Hamilton at least to start the season. This seems to be an experiment the Habs are 100% behind.

Counter offer: Both make the team as 6/7 defensemen, both play with Weaver depending on whether we want another puck-mover or a shutdown guy that night.

Hells yeah! :halm:

Except Bourque is a natural RW, so it might be an opening at LW that we actually have.

I know but for whatever reason, Therrien all but refuses to play him there. I seem to recall Moen and Prust playing the right wing with Bourque on the left last year. If that hesitance to use him there continues, Bourque will probably stay on the left side.

The question becomes what's better for development, the #7 playing say one out of five in the NHL or five out of five in the minors. I'm sure everyone knows what my opinion is on this one already...

The question becomes what's better for development, the #7 playing say one out of five in the NHL or five out of five in the minors. I'm sure everyone knows what my opinion is on this one already...

I'm for both making the team. But I honestly don't know your stance dlbalr?

More like 41 NHL games apiece (not including injuries that will happen over the course of the season), plus NHL practices.

I'm for both making the team. But I honestly don't know your stance dlbalr?

If a youngster isn't a regular, send him down. It's better to play than to sit.

More like 41 NHL games apiece (not including injuries that will happen over the course of the season), plus NHL practices.

A 7th defenceman isn't logging much time in practice though, they just alternate with the 6th.

I'd like to see both of them get around 40 games (maybe closer to 45 each with injuries) but they can still log bigger minutes and work on some flaws in the minors in between. ~40 NHL games plus ~30 AHL games to me is more beneficial than ~40 NHL games and an extra half season of NHL practices.

• Upvote 1

If a youngster isn't a regular, send him down. It's better to play than to sit.

A 7th defenceman isn't logging much time in practice though, they just alternate with the 6th.

I'd like to see both of them get around 40 games (maybe closer to 45 each with injuries) but they can still log bigger minutes and work on some flaws in the minors in between. ~40 NHL games plus ~30 AHL games to me is more beneficial than ~40 NHL games and an extra half season of NHL practices.

Well if either one of Beaulieu or Tinordi gets sent down then I guess MB signs Bouillon. Great.

Well if either one of Beaulieu or Tinordi gets sent down then I guess MB signs Bouillon. Great.

Or a different #7 D is signed (there are some decent #6/7 options out there). They could also easily opt to have Drewiske reprise the role he had with LA (that had him playing around 1 in every 5/6 games). Nygren is also a wildcard. If he shows flashes at training camp that there may be something there, that #7 role will be his since he has been adamant about not playing in the AHL.