Point Shares: Big things ahead for Galchenyuk?

dlbalr

Not sure what made me think of this, but is there any. Point-share vs cap hit comparison? Subban for example will be making I think 13% of the cap hit. Will he make up 13% of his teams points?

He might be responsable or at least very involved in way more than 13% of the points the Habs will get this seasons. That would means 6 wins and a half...

Not sure what made me think of this, but is there any. Point-share vs cap hit comparison? Subban for example will be making I think 13% of the cap hit. Will he make up 13% of his teams points?

I haven't seen that stat before but it's easy enough to calculate if you have the time to sit down and do it. I would expect next season that Subban's cap hit % will exceed his point shares as very few skaters hit 13 PS. For comparison, Subban was at 9.3 last season, getting to 13 will require a pretty big jump.

Here are a few from last year:

Desharnais: 5.4% of cap, 6.1 PS

Plekanec: 7.8% of cap, 5.2 PS

Markov: 8.9% of cap, 9.2 PS

In terms of merely eyeballing the stats, I'd imagine that most players have a lower PS than a cap % other than the top seven PS players (minus Plekanec as noted above).

But as a whole the team must account for 100% of the cap hit and 100% of the points of course. I wonder how huge of a steal subban looked last year. Must be steals every year

Subban last year: 4.5% of cap, 9.3 PS. That gap won't be as big for the next eight years.

Subban last year: 4.5% of cap, 9.3 PS. That gap won't be as big for the next eight years.

More than that, the gap will likely be in the opposite direction. I'm gonna guess subban has a 10.5 PS next year, so a little less than his cap hit.

Just starting to grasp how inflated galchenyuk's projection really is

Ahhh, Perrault was all right. But praise the good Lord we are no longer in a situation where guys like him and Oleg Petrov are "core players" on the team :bonk: I never imagined the Habs sinking so low, and hopefully I never have to see that kind of garbage again.

Amen amigo, amen.