Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I forgot about Frolik...

Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Frolik.... that's not a bad line. Defensively responsiible with Plex, and some decent scoring with Chucky/Frolik.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher... they'll probably be our top line.

I think an AAV of $5M would get Frolik signed. MB should go for it.

JGC

Pierre McGuire keeps saying Belesky is better fit over Frolik, due to physicality.

I wouldn't know Belesky, cant remember him one bit. (nor Frolik for that matter)

Beleskey has a lot of similarities to Rene Bourque. Good size, hits (yes, Bourque did that at least), and a very streaky scorer who can carry a team when he's on. When he's not though, he's a fourth liner/healthy scratch.

Does Beleksy have speed? Because I think you need speed, or at least quickness, to fit on the Habs' top lines. (The lack of this having been PAP's problem, or at least that's my theory).

I don't trust MacGuire, and I like that fact that Frolik actually is a top-6 FW right now, while Belesky isn't - although this presumably has more to do with Anaheim's having quite a strong top-6 configuration rather than his own merits or demerits. Physicality's nice, but I'd rather we err on the side of offensive push than grinding. None of this is to say that Belesky wouldn't be a good addition, though.

Minus the concussion problems. I have never heard anything about Belesky's work ethic being a problem either.

He was a healthy scratch for effort issues this season. (Not the same as Bourque's continual indifference though but Beleskey has been sat down for that reason.)

Pierre McGuire keeps saying Belesky is better fit over Frolik, due to physicality.

I wouldn't know Belesky, cant remember him one bit. (nor Frolik for that matter)

If McGuire says belesky I say take Frolik.

supposedly,,,again according to McGuire, Belesky can really skate.

I know nothing about him, too lazy to look up anything, just repeating what McGuire said today and he had same message he noted last week, he also was a big Frolik promoter knows Frolik trains in Montreal and is a Hab fan.

But wouldn't write off both simply because a loudmouth likes em.

(he said one is physical the other isn't and why Belesky may be a better fit)

Guest Stogey24

The Belesky hype is almost as bad as the Crouse draft hype.

No thank you.

The guy has done nothing besides one year of hitting 20 goals. His shooting percentage was 14% this year Compared to a career 9%.

Did no one learn anything from clarkson or Ville Leino?

GOMEZ-ittis still has HabFans tramatized and dreading any major blunder! :blush:

So you see Belesky improved shooting % as a bad thing? Sharp as too old, over the hill. St Louis/Williams as washed up.

Gonna have to risk something to improve.

Sounds like Bergevin is gonna go with team as is. So is that smartest option? Could be, but those who want major upgrade will freak and you know it will be neverending complaining about Bargin bin Bergevin.

Guest Stogey24

GOMEZ-ittis still has HabFans tramatized and dreading any major blunder! :blush:

So you see Belesky improved shooting % as a bad thing? Sharp as too old, over the hill. St Louis/Williams as washed up.

Gonna have to risk something to improve.

Sounds like Bergevin is gonna go with team as is. So is that smartest option? Could be, but those who want major upgrade will freak and you know it will be neverending complaining about Bargin bin Bergevin.

Belesky is the only one I wouldn't touch. The rest I think could be viable, but at the right price.

Bergy say he wont chase any UFA's and still Eklund and others still beating Sharp trade to Habs drum today and was mentioned Hawks may have interest in Pateryn as a very cheap serviceable d-man for them as part of deal.

If they do trade for Sharp, just gotta hope his close connection to Hawks and conservative approach of Bergevin can land him at 'reasonable' cost.

I guess I land in liking the adding a Sharp camp.

Sharp is good as long as the price is right. The problem is there aren't many options out there so the one that are out there could easily be over paid for.

Hear Hear!

I might have prefered if we drafted Kopitar and had Halak now... But if we didnt pick Price I bet it wouldve been Brule and that would have been horrible.

We would have picked Marc Staal. Gainey and Timmins both quoted.

Ok. Well cant really complain about anything. We did pick one of two hart trophy winners in that draft and that without a top3 pick.

SO LeBrun says Habs were in on J Williams and Dreager said same on Belesky.

But Lebrun also noted, "Habs can be patient, other guys out there."

SO LeBrun says Habs were in on J Williams and Dreager said same on Belesky.

But Lebrun also noted, "Habs can be patient, other guys out there."

What other guys, exactly?

Several folks on this board are saying they don't believe Zoot Suit is done. Maybe not, but so far, all we've accomplished of significance is adding Kassian - which I like as a project with upside, but is not a move we can bank on to improve this team. We've got Machine in the other thread carefully analyzing how, or whether, guys like Kassian, DLR, and Smith-Pelly can replace the 25 goals we subtracted from our roster; but the goal cannot be merely replicating last season's offensive output, which was exposed against TB as simply inadequate.

So far, Zoot has not made this team discernably better than it was last year. We can go on about deals that may or may not be in the works, but at this point, that's the bottom line.