Draft Lottery Night, 8 PM EST, TSN

dlbalr

Hahaha3 years in a row.

And they will be in the lotto again next year

Edmonton is packed on the wings and weak at defence. Don't be surprised if they trade down.

Savard needs to give them a call and see if they'll take a defensive prospect + our pick for theirs.

I'm happy with #3. They should take one of the two G-men, Galcheyuk or Grigorenko ! :clap:

I think we should flip with Edmonton. They can get their defenseman with the third pick and the more I read the more I want nail. Would one of our 2nd picks do it, or would they want one of our younger D like Diaz?

I think we should flip with Edmonton. They can get their defenseman with the third pick and the more I read the more I want nail. Would one of our 2nd picks do it, or would they want one of our younger D like Diaz?

it would take one of our your D prospects our pick and probly something else too

or instead of our d prospect Markov?

I think that would be a steel for us!!!!

I think Tambourin (sp!? hahahaha) will probably want our pick + Diaz + prospect on D.

I would do this but I would throw in Kaberle insted of the prospect and Weber insted of Diaz. Doesn`t that seem better for them and us?

This way they are sure to get `the next one` next year.... hmmm come to think of it maybe all of the above + the prospect for their 1st next year (2013) added to their 1st this year (2012). Sounds more better no?

so:

Habs give: Kaberle + Weber + Prospect + 1st pick 2012

for oils 1st pick 2012 + 1st pick 2013

I don`t have a game consol would this trade even work on NHL whatever year?

I'm happy enough with this. At minimum we get the big center we all want and we also have the opportunity to trade up depending on what Edmonton wants in return.

(null)

I don't mind picking 3rd at all. This was a quality result.

Now lets get Galchenyuk.

I too am very happy with third overall.....but just knowing that we could have had 1st burns a little

Hahaha3 years in a row.

And they will be in the lotto again next year

Don't be surprised if you see them in the playoffs next year.

Their goal differential greatly improved over last year and the team's best players were constantly injured.

With a returned to form Hemsky, Yakupov added in there, and I'd expect a better year from Dubnyk... (plus I think its time Tambo got a FA if possible) They will be a MUCH better team then last year and I think will be in the playoffs.

I suspect a deal could be made with Edmonton if they decide they want a D instead of another forward. The problem is that we won't be the only team interested in that kind of deal (Toronto is probably already phoning). The ther issue is we don't have a GM yet to start working this. I suspect Edmonton will wait as long as possible to make a deal so we should be okay as long as we don't pick a GM too close to the draft. This is going to be a huge first decision for whoever they hire.

If I am Edmonton, someone has to blow my socks off with a trade proposal for me to trade the #1. Yakupov has been the consensus #1 all year and to be able to add that to an already potent group of young forwards is amazing. I don't think we are going to be trading up.

I am also glad we didn't fall down to 4th. 3rd is good and we should still be able to draft a good player. My first pick would be Grigorenko (he's a BIG talented center...something we haven't had since Vincent Damphousse) but Grigorenko's stock has already started to plummet. They say he doesn't show up every night. Do we really want another Alex kovalev?

Galchenyuk seems to be another interesting pick, however how is his knee? Has it slowed him down? Will it affect his game? As you can see there are alot of questions surrounding him as well.

I am also glad we didn't fall down to 4th. 3rd is good and we should still be able to draft a good player. My first pick would be Grigorenko (he's a BIG talented center...something we haven't had since Vincent Damphousse) but Grigorenko's stock has already started to plummet. They say he doesn't show up every night. Do we really want another Alex kovalev?

Galchenyuk seems to be another interesting pick, however how is his knee? Has it slowed him down? Will it affect his game? As you can see there are alot of questions surrounding him as well.

He looked great in the playoffs.  Speed and agility was 100%.  His knee seems to have no effects.  Lets remember Malkin had the same surgery.  Young players seem to recover from these better and the technology in repairing these things is better than it was in the 70s or even the 90s.  I'm not worried about the knee at all.

Being a gym rat, and working his ass off in rehab has made things better for him too.

He looked great in the playoffs. Speed and agility was 100%. His knee seems to have no effects. Lets remember Malkin had the same surgery. Young players seem to recover from these better and the technology in repairing these things is better than it was in the 70s or even the 90s. I'm not worried about the knee at all.

Being a gym rat, and working his ass off in rehab has made things better for him too.

You have to be a tad scared of the Markov thing.

1 knee injury does make your susceptible to more.

• Upvote 1

You have to be a tad scared of the Markov thing.

1 knee injury does make your susceptible to more.

Bit different as Markov is nearly twice Galchenyuk's age. Guys who have it at a young age, are much more likely to recover 100% than a guy like Markov in his 30s. A knee is actually a lot less scary than say a concussion, or shoulder problem.

• Upvote 1