Habs Acquire Torrey Mitchell

Habsfan84

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stogey24

We basically strengthened what was fine and did nothing to what was needed. Really wanted a decent forward

I don't think MB will give up the assets needed to bring in a big fish.

He'll be able to shop in the UFA market pretty well. I would expect Eller gone over the summer or draft day.

There's a rumour that Joey MacDonald and a 5th is the return. That's not confirmed though. If true, I wonder if there's another trade on the horizon as their goalie depth is down to Condon and Franky Palazzese (on a minor league deal).

There's a rumour that Joey MacDonald and a 5th is the return. That's not confirmed though. If true, I wonder if there's another trade on the horizon as their goalie depth is down to Condon.

Well that would be using the term "prospect" very loosely.

I've been under the assumption that Nattinen was quietly released back in October so I was surprised that there was a report that had him going. Nevins is much better, just to get out of the last year of his ELC. Pierre LeBrun is reporting it's Nevins and I trust him so I've edited the write-up on the site to include him.

Edit: The deal is now official.

Torrey Mitchell. Cool. I played baseball against him when I was like 9-10 years old.

Guy is from Montreal suburbs.

that basically means "Bye Bye Malhotra"

i think we are better on defence. Didn't really address our lack of offence. We already have an over abundance of players for the 3rd/4th line and i don't see how we improved by adding two more players there.

Actually our fourth line has been made been for the most part made up of Hamilton Bulldogs that apparently cant make the NHL fill time. So adding NHL fourth liners was called for and in my opinion good depth moves.

The big deal was not there, MB's patience is to be admired.

Actually our fourth line has been made been for the most part made up of Hamilton Bulldogs that apparently cant make the NHL fill time. So adding NHL fourth liners was called for and in my opinion good depth moves.

The big deal was not there, MB's patience is to be admired.

Right on 30!

Mitchel isn't a bad player at all, didn't Dlbalr call this one months ago as a possible cheap upgrade for the bottom half?

If you're like me in wondering why in the world Buffalo wanted Nevins (though I suspect I may be the only one who gave this any thought), the mystery may have been solved. Back when Montreal signed him, the Senators were the other team pushing for him. At the time Nevins signed, Buffalo's GM was still with Ottawa so Tim Murray would have been somewhat familiar with him.

If you're like me in wondering why in the world Buffalo wanted Nevins (though I suspect I may be the only one who gave this any thought), the mystery may have been solved. Back when Montreal signed him, the Senators were the other team pushing for him. At the time Nevins signed, Buffalo's GM was still with Ottawa so Tim Murray would have been somewhat familiar with him.

Good call.