Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

The "rumour" has Kadri/Bozak + Rielly/Franson + 1st pick for Staal

Sounds like the latest on this one is that Staal hasn't given the Canes any indication he would be willing to waive his no trade clause. So this rumour is dead for now.

That would be the Laughs dumbest trade in years!

Eh, acquiring a guy like Eric Staal would be great for them. Staal does everything and everyone forgets him because he plays for Carolina. He would be the new Mats Sundin for them.

It's dumb because the Leafs could be ready to unload a guy they just re-signed in Gardiner. Also, Leaf fans either love Gardiner or hate Gardiner, Carlyle either plays him top minutes or benches him, and Leaf fans think he'd be of equal or close to value of Morgan Reilly in a trade. Because they are crazy.

That would be the Laughs dumbest trade in years!

I have more faith in the laughs than you do, they can make an even stupider trade if they could just figure out what it is.

• Upvote 1

For those who want to get rid of Bourque:

To Dallas: Rene Bourque, Morgan Ellis

To Montreal: Erik Cole, Maxime Lagace (or some other next-to-useless prospect to balance contracts)

Why for Dallas? They save on their cap this season (they're in LTIR so saving over $1 M on the cap this year is noteworthy) while they have more than enough space to fit Bourque onto their cap next year. Cole hasn't fit in well with Dallas - he more or less has played similar to his second season with Montreal - and is a change-of-scenery type of player. I picked Ellis as a second piece in lieu of a later round pick as the Stars don't have a lot of defensive depth, they may want to take a look at Ellis to see if he can restore some value as a prospect.

Why for Montreal? They take on a higher cap hit this year to free up Bourque's contract for next season where more of a cash crunch is projected. The Habs know Cole can play both wings (so too can Bourque but they never try him on the right side) and he could be an option to put some size on the powerplay. Lagace is just there to match contracts for the 50-limit purpose but the Habs are lacking a bit in goalie depth and Dallas has seven under contract so that seemed like a fit.

If memory serves, there were some issues with Cole before Bergevin originally dealt him so I'm not sure they'd take him back (not knowing what they were, I can't speculate on whether they would or not) but value wise, I think this could be a fit for both sides.

For those who want to get rid of Bourque:

To Dallas: Rene Bourque, Morgan Ellis

To Montreal: Erik Cole, Maxime Lagace (or some other next-to-useless prospect to balance contracts)

Why for Dallas? They save on their cap this season (they're in LTIR so saving over $1 M on the cap this year is noteworthy) while they have more than enough space to fit Bourque onto their cap next year. Cole hasn't fit in well with Dallas - he more or less has played similar to his second season with Montreal - and is a change-of-scenery type of player. I picked Ellis as a second piece in lieu of a later round pick as the Stars don't have a lot of defensive depth, they may want to take a look at Ellis to see if he can restore some value as a prospect.

Why for Montreal? They take on a higher cap hit this year to free up Bourque's contract for next season where more of a cash crunch is projected. The Habs know Cole can play both wings (so too can Bourque but they never try him on the right side) and he could be an option to put some size on the powerplay. Lagace is just there to match contracts for the 50-limit purpose but the Habs are lacking a bit in goalie depth and Dallas has seven under contract so that seemed like a fit.

If memory serves, there were some issues with Cole before Bergevin originally dealt him so I'm not sure they'd take him back (not knowing what they were, I can't speculate on whether they would or not) but value wise, I think this could be a fit for both sides.

Nope can't see MB bringing him back. I don't think he wanted to be here, for whatever reason, I think it was taxes.

Just doing too well to bother with trades I think.

But if Jets, Carolina or Oilers get trigger happy; Moan, Bourque, Beaulieu, Bournival seem most expendable.

Guest Stogey24

Just doing too well to bother with trades I think.

But if Jets, Carolina or Oilers get trigger happy; Moan, Bourque, Beaulieu, Bournival seem most expendable.

How is Beaulieu expendable? We'll be begging for a player like him in a few years when Markov's career is over. Weaver and Gilbert are also just place holders.

If anyone is going to be traded that can bring something in a trade its Lars Eller. He's one of my favourite Habs, but something's gotta give. I'm starting to lose faith already and we're what, 7 games in... I'd like to see some type of player swap

I definitely don't want Cole back. Bergevin's already traded the seemingly untradeable contracts (Briere, Cole), so if push comes to shove I think he can do something about Bourque.

My exciting proposal: Moen to Edm for a 4th

Beaulieu is gonna be Markov's replacement in couple years eh?

Markov was 21 when started first full year with Habs, same as Beaulieu is now.

Markov had several solid years in Russian leagues prior to that.

Beaulieu has had 2 underachieving AHL seasons to date.

Hope you are correct, not quite sure how you can even compare the two (Beaulieu hasn't got 1 goal in NHL yet); but Beaulieu has had numerous mental gaffs since turning pro, which is already more than Markov has had since turning pro 14 years ago.

(as you may tell I aint Nate the Great's biggest fan) It wouldnt break my heart if he is traded, Habs aint lacking d-prospects; none as skilled as Beaulieu, but his skill is also why he may bring back good return. (a young centre prospect to replace poor crappy Plekanec who wont help Habs win a cup anyways, darn playoff faders cant be counted on!)

We won't "replace" Markov but if we trade Beaulieu, we're in a situation of hoping/praying a solid puck moving D-man falls into our lap in the next three years or one of the guys in the system can bring what Beaulieu has the potential to bring.

Left handed puck movers in the system:

- Mac Bennett

- Nikolas Koberstein

-

That's it after trading Beaulieu.

Guest Stogey24

They're not going to trade him. What is his value you in a trade right now? Not high enough to trade a possible top 3 defender in years to come. I have buddies that know him and he was legit told to get a place in Montreal out of camp. Going back to Hamilton is a slap on the wrist for what ever he did.

They're not going to trade him. What is his value you in a trade right now? Not high enough to trade a possible top 3 defender in years to come. I have buddies that know him and he was legit told to get a place in Montreal out of camp. Going back to Hamilton is a slap on the wrist for what ever he did.

Yes just another slap on wrist.

That is a couple from mgmt now and couple from teammates.

If he has huge ego (or let just say 'issues' between his ears) before he even scores his first goal, what would he be like as a top d-man?

Anyways, see how he does Fri/Sat vs lesser competition.

Maybe this wake up call will sink in?

But do agree, they arnt gonna trade him or anyone at the moment

Guest Stogey24

Yes just another slap on wrist.

That is a couple from mgmt now and couple from teammates.

If he has huge ego (or let just say 'issues' between his ears) before he even scores his first goal, what would he be like as a top d-man?

Anyways, see how he does Fri/Sat vs lesser competition.

Maybe this wake up call will sink in?

But do agree, they arnt gonna trade him or anyone at the moment

I hope so man. He could be a huge asset to this team if he clean his act up. Time will tell I guess

• 2 weeks later...

Would any of you make this trade? Kane makes a bit more money..maybe we can throw in Travis Moen? I think Guy was right about Max. Bring Kane in and slap the C on him

close but no cigar. would rather have max.

still need to see what he can do with a real nhl centerman.

no offense to dd. even he only dreamed he would be in the nhl....let alone a no 1 centerman with the montredal canadiens

why would we trade a $4.5M 35-40 goal scorer for a $6M potential 30-40 goal scorer???

I'd move either Eller, Pleks or DD as part of a package for Kane. No way do i move MaxPAC.

No, trading Max for Kane doesn't solve anything. We need to add another top 6 forward but not at the cost of one of our only legit top 6 forwards. We're getting no offense from top to bottom but to me our top 6 is really weak.

No, trading Max for Kane doesn't solve anything. We need to add another top 6 forward but not at the cost of one of our only legit top 6 forwards. We're getting no offense from top to bottom but to me our top 6 is really weak.

Better decision would be to dress the potential top 6 forward that has been scratched for weeks and take the 4th liner off the 1st line.