Trevor Timmins' dominance

Commandant

• 2 weeks later...

Leafs vs Canadiens scouting staffs

List of Montreals amateur scouts: (GOHABS.COM)

Trevor Timmins dashpixel.gif Director of Player Recruitment and Development

Frank Jay dashpixel.gif Amateur Scout Serge Boisvert dashpixel.gif Amateur Scout Ryan Jankowski dashpixel.gif Amateur Scout Michel Boucher dashpixel.gif Amateur scout - Quebec Mike McCann dashpixel.gif Amateur scout - Ontario Elmer Benning dashpixel.gif Amateur Scout - Western Canada William A. Berglund dashpixel.gif Amateur Scout - Eastern U.S. Pat Westrum dashpixel.gif Amateur Scout - Western U.S. Hannu Laine dashpixel.gif Amateur Scout - Finland Christer Rockstrom dashpixel.gif Scout (Europe)

List of Toronto's Amateur scouting staff: (Leafs4life.net)

Dave Morrison - Director of Amateur Scouting Mike Palmateer - Amateur Scout George Armstrong - Amateur Scout John Lilley - Amateur Scout Garth Malarchuk - Amateur Scout Alan Power - Amateur Scout Gary Harker - Amateur Scout Scott Carter - Amateur Scout Pierre Rioux - Amateur Scout Roy Stasiuk - Amateur Scout John McMorrow - Amateur Scout Darryl Stanley - Amateur Scout Bud Stefanski - Amateur Scout Dave Starman - Amateur Scout Joe Gibbs - European Scout Thommie Bergman - European Scout Jari Gronstrand - European Scout Peter Ihnacak European Scout Nikolai Ladygin - European Scout

The Canadiens - 11 Staff members

The Leafs - 19 Staff members

Red Wings - 14 Staff members

All I'm saying is a team with our resources should have more scouts then anyone. It's one advantage in a salary cap world that we should exploit so we can get the best players possible.

http://leafs4life.ne...eaf-management/

http://www.gohabs.com/staff.htm

http://redwings.nhl....ge.htm?id=44061

Quality vs quantity

Most people seem to agree that they like Timmins, the problem as I see it, can the new GM live with him?

What would make you believe he might ever be let go?

• 2 weeks later...

He also said, "Timmins is doing too many jobs" in a way that wasn't saying, "I'm slowly letting him go"

Hes actually right about that. Timmins should be head scout. Not Head Scout plus Director of player development. Let the guy focus on what he does best.

Hes actually right about that. Timmins should be head scout. Not Head Scout plus Director of player development. Let the guy focus on what he does best.

Absolutely. I don't think anyone disagreed with the fact that we needed a real Director of Player Development. Unless Hal Gill retires after the Preds get bounced I suggest Patrice Brisebois for the job.

Absolutely. I don't think anyone disagreed with the fact that we needed a real Director of Player Development. Unless Hal Gill retires after the Preds get bounced I suggest Patrice Brisebois for the job.

I want Gill in the organization so bad! haha

Looks like Bergevin also likes Timmins cause he said he'd be there on draft day! Now all we have to do is work on our Pro-scouts. THat's one area where the Habs have sucked over the past decade!

Looks like Bergevin also likes Timmins cause he said he'd be there on draft day! Now all we have to do is work on our Pro-scouts. THat's one area where the Habs have sucked over the past decade!

He did say that, but I don't think he knows him. He's not going to replace him a few weeks before the draft. He has yet to evaluate the people in place.

Bergevin also said he thinks Timmins may have too much on his plate and he would look to evaluate his responsibilities. He said this as a comparison as to how Chicago deals with player development and player evaluation. He seems to want more people involved and then have these people concentrate on specific duties, good approach in my opinion. Leadership 101, when taking a new position of leadership, step back evaluate what you have in place and then take action where necessary to make the team better..

He did say that, but I don't think he knows him. He's not going to replace him a few weeks before the draft. He has yet to evaluate the people in place.

Bergevin said that Timmins record over the last several years is very good. He knows who is drafting well and who isn't in the NHL. Wouldn't take long to do that.

Do you think bergevin tries to make a splash right out the gate and trades away the pick? I mean at 33 we'd still be getting a decent player right? Wonder if he'll deal 3 and then use 33 to move up slightly and draft a kid like Wilson or something?

Do you think bergevin tries to make a splash right out the gate and trades away the pick? I mean at 33 we'd still be getting a decent player right? Wonder if he'll deal 3 and then use 33 to move up slightly and draft a kid like Wilson or something?

Highly doubt he is trading #3? Just too many super looking prospects in top 5 to pass over.

Already have a Wilson or 2 in the system, Staubitz/Shultz/Conboy, 9 goals in regular season in junior dosent translate to a 1st round pick.

But some team will pick him too high, only becasue he is big and fights, same as Rangers with McIlrath in 2010, who is an OK and very tough d-man but shouldnt of gone 10th; or Dallas with Oleksiak last year, who is frickin huge, but likely a very long term project and Andy Sutton type of player.

Hab can get just as tough a player in 2nd round, with Lukas Sutter who can fight and score or Dalton Thrower who also plays with Saskatoon and fought Wilson at prospects game, but he is a 20 goal scoring d-man, and at least one of these 2 will be available at 33rd.

But i would bet Timmins will make a swap at draft, but whether it will be up or down this time is only question. (Last year traded down for extra picks and year before traded up to get Tinordi)

It may depend on whether a guy high on his list slides, say a Gaunce/Collberg is still available at 22nd, he may toss 2 or 3 picks in to get him??