An Actual Rivalry Game: Oct. 10, Habs vs Bruins, 7 PM

dlbalr

So \Eller - \Galchenyuk line looked solid? Great to hear, \Carey was not really tested\/

Carey was pretty damn good, when he had to be. The goals that got by him are not going to cause him to lose any sleep. I think some of us take him for granted.

Well we won two games against two bad teams. Tonight was much better than Toronto, but the power play was still pretty crappy.

Tomorrow will be a better test - especially without Price. Frankly, I would have preferred sitting Price against a weak boston team than the Sens, but we'll get a sense if how good Condon can be tomorrow night.

The Semin-Galchenyuk-Eller line looked great. Nice to finally see Eller get time with more than just 3rd/4th line grunts. Hopefully he'll get an extended look with skilled players.

• Upvote 1

Well we won two games against two bad teams. Tonight was much better than Toronto, but the power play was still pretty crappy.

Tomorrow will be a better test - especially without Price. Frankly, I would have preferred sitting Price against a weak boston team than the Sens, but we'll get a sense if how good Condon can be tomorrow night.

The Semin-Galchenyuk-Eller line looked great. Nice to finally see Eller get time with more than just 3rd/4th line grunts. Hopefully he'll get an extended look with skilled players.

Yes as one of Larrys biggest supporters on here, it will be nice to watch Eller silence his critics IF he does get that "extended look" once and for all. :thumbs_up:

The most important development from the first two games was the obvious comfort-level of Galchenyuk at C - and the fact that he got rewarded for his efforts. This bodes very well indeed. Eller looks to be launching on one of his patented hot streaks - will it last for more than three weeks this time, now that he's at W? - and we really saw how shifty Semin's playmaking skills are last night. The thought that that line might become a legitimate offensive threat every night is heady stuff, as it would make a massive difference for us.

Beaulieu and Gilbert really settled down last night. Thank heaven. What's weird is that PK decided to emulate them from Game One and morph into a turnover machine for some reason. Not sure what got into him. Patches was weak too, by his standards; understandable in his case, what with the injury and all.

I really, really like the DD line. They just seem very savvy to me. Very high hockey IQ.

And I like Mitchell's attempt to stand up for Flynn at the end. Not defending the slew-foot, but it's always good to see a team where guys take it personally when one of their team-mates gets clobbered.

Boston looks to be in trouble deep. It suits those f**kers.

I think Larry will have no problem staying consistently productive as long as he is not having his line mates as well as his position juggled every time the coach wants to get another line going. Larry has seen as many bulldogs on his line as habs over the last three seasons. Still owns the best play performance by a Canadiens forward since Cammy.

I really hope that Larry can finally live up to his potential, mind you that could be said of all 3 guys on that line. There is so much talent on that line that it is scary. If they continue to produce then Patches will have a lot of room to play and score at will. It is a wonderful thing having more than 1 line that can score. Now the defence needs to tighten up a bit. They better tighten up tonite. I guess we gonna find out how good Condon is, I think he is going to do well.

Couldn't care less. The one team I don't give a crap if their players get injured are the bruins. As far as I'm concerned one of the rottenest weasels in the game got injured. Good riddance.

For anyone wondering, Brad Marchand suffered a concussion last night.

I really can't wish a concussion on anyone, break Chara's ankle yes, concussion no. His ankle will heal, his head may not. This is still just a game. I hate Marchand and Chara with a passion, but I don't want to see them loopy in the head for the rest of their lives. The good thing about this is that it was a total accident and Marchand was as much to blame as anyone.I hope he recovers to continue his career, how else we gonna get to break his ankle? :)

• Upvote 2

Loved Eller's play last night. Reminded me of all the promise he had as a rookie and none of the dippy dopey stuff we've come to know him for. Now all we need is some consistency and the Galchenyuk line could be our top scoring line for the whole year.

I like Marchand. He's got an incredible amount of skill. He's annoying and has the worst case of dumb Adrien Brody face but if he was a Hab he'd be a fan favourite. We hate him because of what he gets away with, which if taken away, he'd just be a really skilled forward.

I really can't wish a concussion on anyone, break Chara's ankle yes, concussion no. His ankle will heal, his head may not. This is still just a game. I hate Marchand and Chara with a passion, but I don't want to see them loopy in the head for the rest of their lives. The good thing about this is that it was a total accident and Marchand was as much to blame as anyone.I hope he recovers to continue his career, how else we gonna get to break his ankle? :)

In the specific case of Chara: he intentionally put Max Pacioretty within a hair's breadth of permanent paralysis or death. It is only luck that the Max Pac we saw lying on the ice was alive. For this reckless endangerment, Chara's 'punishment' was a one-game suspension, then beating the Pacioretty-less Habs in Game Seven OT before going on to raise the Cup. If he ends up with concussed, it's karma as far as I'm concerned for that p**ck.

Marchand is a more complicated case, but while that can-opener he inflicted on Mason Raymond - breaking his back and going completely unpenalized, of course - calls for some sort of cosmic payback as well, I don't hate him as much as I hate Chara. So I suppose you guys are right: I'll withdraw my schadenfreude in his case and wish the ugly jerk-off a full recovery.

I still remember that prick Marchand in the finals against the canucks against Sedin. It was a joke of no call. With all the cheap crap Marchand has pulled and Chara almost killing MaxPac, I don't give a crap what happens to those two turds.

In the specific case of Chara: he intentionally put Max Pacioretty within a hair's breadth of permanent paralysis or death. It is only luck that the Max Pac we saw lying on the ice was alive. For this reckless endangerment, Chara's 'punishment' was a one-game suspension, then beating the Pacioretty-less Habs in Game Seven OT before going on to raise the Cup. If he ends up with concussed, it's karma as far as I'm concerned for that p**ck.

Marchand is a more complicated case, but while that can-opener he inflicted on Mason Raymond - breaking his back and going completely unpenalized, of course - calls for some sort of cosmic payback as well, I don't hate him as much as I hate Chara. So I suppose you guys are right: I'll withdraw my schadenfreude in his case and wish the ugly jerk-off a full recovery.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Chara even got a game for the Patches incident. Not even a fine actually.

You make a good point as well. If it were anyone but Wolverine himself, the outcome truly may have been a lot worse.

Chara was ejected from that game but no suspension. "A hockey play" Campbell called it. yea right. You see Charas open glove on the side of Maxs' head driving the other side of his head into the turn buckle with a ton of force. Slow motion it looks horribly intentional.

Chara was ejected from that game but no suspension. "A hockey play" Campbell called it. yea right. You see Charas open glove on the side of Maxs' head driving the other side of his head into the turn buckle with a ton of force. Slow motion it looks horribly intentional.

I won't get into it all again, but Chara had been trying to get Patches for two games before that, Patches said going into the game that he felt he had a target on his back, and the game was 4-0 - out of reach for the Bruins, which is exactly the time when ugly things happen.

It was 100% deliberate and calculated by Chara. And he was rewarded for it by the NHL.

I agree whole heartedly CC, it was definitely a fiasco after the incident itself.... which was by all logical viewers, intentional.

I won't get into it all again, but Chara had been trying to get Patches for two games before that, Patches said going into the game that he felt he had a target on his back, and the game was 4-0 - out of reach for the Bruins, which is exactly the time when ugly things happen.

It was 100% deliberate and calculated by Chara. And he was rewarded for it by the NHL.

Yep and that is why for 2 years I have been advocating that some one anyone, break his frigging ankle. It is extremely painful and takes a long time to heal. Bring some rookie goon up from the echl for that express purpose. I would dance the Meeposian dance of joy. :)