Oct. 11, IceCaps vs Sound Tigers, 5 PM

dlbalr

The IceCaps (1-0-0) will look to go 2/2 for the week as they travel to Bridgeport to take on the Sound Tigers (1-0-0), affiliate of the Islanders. The last time Montreal's AHL team went 2-0 to start the season was back in 2012.

15stj_500.gif

de la Rose - Hudon - Andrighetto

Scherbak - Dumont - Holloway

Carr - McCarron - Thomas

Crisp - Miceli - Gregoire

Barberio - Ellis

Hanley - Dietz

Bennett - Lernout

Tokarski

14bri_500.gif

(Based on yesterday's +/- data plus some guesses.)

Whitney - Beck - Kearns

Vaive - Wright - Florek

Halmo - Quine - Petrov

Johnston - Holmstrom - Gomes

Carkner - Czuczman

Pelech - Mayfield

Finn - Graham

Williams

Puck drop is at 5:00 PM EST. AM 930 has the call.

Crisp just got tossed as part of a fracas for third man in that sees Dietz and Kearns drop the gloves as well.

Hudon got a penalty shot for some reason. He hit the post. After the shot, the PA announcer finally bothered to mention that he'd be taking the shot.

The PBP guy calls out the butchering of player names by Bridgeport's PA announcer. That is a bit funny considering he spent the preseason calling Miceli 'Anthony' instead of his actual name, Angelo. He has it correct now.

Watched highlights and IceCaps seemed a scrambling mess in own zone.

They noted the oldest players on IceCaps and seems to be one young team, are they the youngest roster in AHL?

Watched highlights and IceCaps seemed a scrambling mess in own zone.

They noted the oldest players on IceCaps and seems to be one young team, are they the youngest roster in AHL?

Yep, by a fair amount actually. Their average age is 22.26, Providence is 29th at 23.00. The oldest is Grand Rapids at 24.97 for perspective.

Like to see the young guys learning. News flash. Improving the teacher(s) in not against the law.

Pretty much everyone figured Lefebvre would have been gone well before now. Apparently the beat reporters a couple years back were expecting him to be fired. From what Bergevin has said publicly though, I don't think the thought has even crossed his mind.

Pretty much everyone figured Lefebvre would have been gone well before now. Apparently the beat reporters a couple years back were expecting him to be fired. From what Bergevin has said publicly though, I don't think the thought has even crossed his mind.

The way he had the Dogs were playing the last three seasons, lack of jump, terrible pp, drove fans away. It was that had to watch. But you are right, MB loves the guy.

Still think Lefebvre is doing exactly as told to do by Mgmt and is given another young lineup with no real quality AHLers in spots there should be, I noticed Carkner on for many of Bridgeport goals and kept thinking IceCaps really lack a similar 'Alex Henry'-type to make up for all the youth.

SO, I have said before and still think Bergevin isn't pissed they arnt winning, simply must see winning as not a big priority and kids are developing fine in his eyes?

Still think Lefebvre is doing exactly as told to do by Mgmt and is given another young lineup with no real quality AHLers in spots there should be, I noticed Carkner on for many of Bridgeport goals and kept thinking IceCaps really lack a similar 'Alex Henry'-type to make up for all the youth.

SO, I have said before and still think Bergevin isn't pissed they arnt winning, simply must see winning as not a big priority and kids are developing fine in his eyes?

They don't even have a punching bag like Joe Finley either. That was part of the reason I thought Blanchard would stick around, especially since they have multiple veteran slots open.

As for winning not being the main priority, clearly that's the organizational philosophy here. Give the youngsters the higher level of responsibility in the hopes of accelerating their development. I can understand that to a degree. I'm not sure it has worked all that well in past years though, contrary to what Bergevin has said in the past.

I think this is the biggest crop of youngsters that the Habs have sent to the minors all at once. They're going to be patient regardless of the record once again this season.

Guest Stogey24

They don't even have a punching bag like Joe Finley either. That was part of the reason I thought Blanchard would stick around, especially since they have multiple veteran slots open.

As for winning not being the main priority, clearly that's the organizational philosophy here. Give the youngsters the higher level of responsibility in the hopes of accelerating their development. I can understand that to a degree. I'm not sure it has worked all that well in past years though, contrary to what Bergevin has said in the past.

I think this is the biggest crop of youngsters that the Habs have sent to the minors all at once. They're going to be patient regardless of the record once again this season.

Being in a losing atmosphere is no way to accelerate development. I think it hampers it if anything

Being in a losing atmosphere is no way to accelerate development. I think it hampers it if anything

I think the same way. Add another couple of quality veterans and make the team that much stronger. There are going to be injuries and recalls that will still allow the youngsters to play important minutes at times throughout the season. Plus, since they'd be better, they'd probably be playoff bound. There is a lot of development potential right there, even if the prospects are in more limited roles. Personally, I'd rather have them play longer and go a round or two in the playoffs while playing a bit less per game than playing more in the regular season and calling it a year in mid-April.

But, clearly we're not on the same page as the organization when it comes to this.

i think the goal should always be make the playoffs. as developmental league for the big clubs, this should try to be accomplished with as many prospects as possible and minimal career AHL players. i do believe you need 4/5 solid veteran presences though to help mentor and steer the kids in the right direction

pasquale sent to brampton