Carolina Hurricanes vs. Montreal Canadiens | February 7th, 2016 | 2:30 EST

Habsfan84

Well let's not get to excited about yesterday's result. The oilers are down 7-1 to the islanders in the 2nd period.

Carolina does play a tighter defensive game than the Oil do, no doubt.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Scrivens looked really impressive. Keep rolling with him, he's in the zone all of a sudden.

Pacioretty had an excellent game, cutting towards the net much more boldly than he's typically done of late. Andrighetto had some nice moments, too, I thought.

A deadly dull game that got better towards the very end. Carolina probably deserved the W, though...they looked almost habs-like in their propensity to somehow blow glorious scoring chances.

Guest Stogey24

Can we trade David Desharnais for a useful player. I'd really like to see where he'd fit in on another teams depth chart. To me he hasn't even look like an NHLer lately

Can we trade David Desharnais for a useful player. I would really like to see where he would fit in on another teams depth chart. To me he hasn't even look like an NHLer lately

"Hapless" is the word I'd use to describe his play, and I agree, he is not a legitimate NHLer at this point. It's a bit like that dreadful 20 game stretch he had a couple of years ago when the mayor called for him to be sent to the minors. Just a complete embarrassment out there.

In a way, The Slump can be explained quite simply. Mediocre goaltending + the disappearance of Pleks as a top-6 producer + the disappearance of DD as a top-6 producer = a 5-20 record or whatever it is.

Can we trade David Desharnais for a useful player. I'd really like to see where he'd fit in on another teams depth chart. To me he hasn't even look like an NHLer lately

I liked how Therrien got him right out there in the 3 v 3, and I liked him losing the puck in the corner moments later even more.

Therrien and DD, the only comparison I can think of with coaches and players are Little League. Coach's sons.

I wasn't as harsh on Scrivens earlier play as others were and this is the kind of stuff I know Scrivens to do. There were times in Edmonton he'd be absolutely saving the team only for the defence to fall apart and his confidence to go with it. Not saying he's a starter or better than Condon but every once in a while he goes on a run and looks quite competent.

thought John Bartlett has come a long way as a broadcaster (after being the Marlies announcer a short time ago). Would rather listen to him than BoB Cole (whose best before date expired a whlle back-must know where the bodies are buried) or Dave Randorf lisp his way through a game.

How bout Carolina coach and Eric Staal another 9g guy as a comparable... but he is getting paid $8m/yr and playing almost 20minutes/game, which so much worse than a DD.

Jakob Silfverberg 17pts $3.75m/yr, 17minutes/gm, kinda but too few points.

Getzlaf 4g 34pts for $8.25myr19minutes/gm vs

DD 9g 24pts for $3.5m/yr 16min/gm (kinda but DD is still much more bang for your buck)

Good review Brian. And Scrivens was full value for sure.

Wow.. what a streak! that's 2.. and in a row as well as one after another.

And one before the other too!

We've already got two out of the next three done!

And.. we've already won half of the next four games!!

21-7 is the record this team has to have to make the playoffs (based on the 98 points it took last year). Does anyone think this is possible?

So the logical thing (however cold hearted it may be) to do would be to sit Price for the year, trade away veterans, get a good pick next summer and fill the holes with free agents. Nobody can seriously believe this team can go 21-7 EVEN WITH Price in net. Optimism is a wonderful thing but you have to know your limits. 21-7 is not realistic for this team!!!!!

Edited by Habs owned the 70's

I don't post in here often but I feel need to post this.

The Canadiens are only 6 points back of Boston and Tampa in the Atlantic with 28 games remaining and 3 of those games remaining against the Lightning.

The Canadiens are only 3 points back of Pittsburgh and 4 points back of Detroit for a wildcard spot. with 2 games remaining against the Red wings.

There is a lot of hockey left and teams will be leapfrogging one another for a while yet. If there is a team that can pull this off its the Canadiens...

Keep the faith. I am.

Scrivens made the saves and credit for that. But the technique he used to make some of those saves was scary.

The only time I saw him swimming like his first few games was when he was interfered with and Carolina missed the open net.

One other save was pretty ugly, but overall, he played well, made timely saves, 2 real late, and he even handeled the puck pretty good.

Leave him in until he loses I say...