Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Don't understand why it would be different. Koivu played the series with the same injury.

Jumbo Joe was never going to work in Boston, but during that particular series he put up 0-0-0 in seven games and refused to talk to the press. That hastened his exit out of town, which is a good thing because a top three of Thornton-Bergevin-Krejci would be a dynasty. But then again, they wouldn't have the money to pay Chara or Savard. Maybe Dave Lewis would still be behind the bench?

A forward or d from Coyotes I assume? If you had a guess.

I'd guess a forward. I think they know enough about Vermette already so I'd speculate about another forward believed to be on the block, Martin Erat. He carries a big price tag this year ($4.5 M cap hit, though half that in salary) which means the acquisition cost for him is going to be pretty cheap. Is he a good fit for the Habs? When he's on, yes. When he's not, no. So I wouldn't be surprised if they're trying to take a closer look at him to see if he could work on this team as he'd potentially be a cheaply-priced upgrade.

• Upvote 1

I'd guess a forward. I think they know enough about Vermette already so I'd speculate about another forward believed to be on the block, Martin Erat. He carries a big price tag this year ($4.5 M cap hit, though half that in salary) which means the acquisition cost for him is going to be pretty cheap. Is he a good fit for the Habs? When he's on, yes. When he's not, no. So I wouldn't be surprised if they're trying to take a closer look at him to see if he could work on this team as he'd potentially be a cheaply-priced upgrade.

Still can't believe he notched Filip Forsberg not too long ago.

maybe its lupal out of TO for cheap... leafs are hard up against the cap next year and lupal's worth has dropped i believe significantly as he is has been unable to stay healthy. he can maybe be had for a mid prospect or a 3rd/4th rounder?? he would be a quality upgrade on our top 6 for sure when he's in the line up. i don't see us going after a centre though. its gonna be a winger or a defender i believe...

plus a deal to improve the habs would only help toronto's cause to "dishonour for Conner" lol

maybe its lupal out of TO for cheap... leafs are hard up against the cap next year and lupal's worth has dropped i believe significantly as he is has been unable to stay healthy. he can maybe be had for a mid prospect or a 3rd/4th rounder?? he would be a quality upgrade on our top 6 for sure when he's in the line up. i don't see us going after a centre though. its gonna be a winger or a defender i believe...

plus a deal to improve the habs would only help toronto's cause to "dishonour for Conner" lol

I like Lupul when he's playing but he's damaged goods. He's also more of a natural LW and that doesn't solve our RW problem.

If anyone comes to Montreal from Toronto it's gonna be Cody Franson, the original return for Josh Gorges.

I'm hoping for a higher end guy.

Oh boy. Martin Erat is a L-O-S-E-R and a locker room problem to boot. Why not just trade for Bourque? The Avs are likely deadline sellers.

Unless the deal is amazing, I sort of hope we just get a rental again. The habs have no significant players to sign other than Galchenyuk. With Borque and Moen dollars off the books, it would be nice to steal a top three defense or a top six rw from a team that is over the cap. This would happen during the off season. Habs 2016 Stanley cup champions.

Unless the deal is amazing, I sort of hope we just get a rental again. The habs have no significant players to sign other than Galchenyuk. With Borque and Moen dollars off the books, it would be nice to steal a top three defense or a top six rw from a team that is over the cap. This would happen during the off season. Habs 2016 Stanley cup champions.

A lot of these big splashes don't work out. How many people are talking about Bobby Ryan now that he's actually traded? The same will happen for Yakupov and Evander Kane, and Chris Stewart is going to be laughably bad on whatever team trades for him.

Would be a smart way to go. Like it a lot. Quit your day job. :thumbs_up:

A lot of these big splashes don't work out. How many people are talking about Bobby Ryan now that he's actually traded? The same will happen for Yakupov and Evander Kane, and Chris Stewart is going to be laughably bad on whatever team trades for him.

flip side of that coin. Hossa fits great on the Hawks. Gaborik was huge piece for kings. Horton was huge for bruins. As was Riecchi. Weight in Carolina. Pronger in Edmonton and Anahiem. Neidimyer for Ducks. St louis gave the rangers a spark last season. Some of those deals were made long before deadline but none the less. Even vanek was a great rental at first then disappeared half way through second round.

Would love to see the habs gets Yantle or Myers........... wishful thinking i know

flip side of that coin. Hossa fits great on the Hawks. Gaborik was huge piece for kings. Horton was huge for bruins. As was Riecchi. Weight in Carolina. Pronger in Edmonton and Anahiem. Neidimyer for Ducks. St louis gave the rangers a spark last season. Some of those deals were made long before deadline but none the less. Even vanek was a great rental at first then disappeared half way through second round.

Would love to see the habs gets Yantle or Myers........... wishful thinking i know

Vanek was great, he gave the team a big boost. The players thought that they were going to be sellers.

I would just get a rental like BC Habs suggested and hope for the best. Throw Christian Thomas and a third at Florida for Kopecky. If he sucks at least he can back check.

I want to see what Anaheim does, they might go out and make a big splash.

if we can get Yakupov for a relatively low cost then i would do it. (its worth the risk to ignite the chemistry he had with Galchenyuk)

Man i just cant wait to see what McCarron and Sherbak will bring to the team in a couple of years.....

if we can get Yakupov for a relatively low cost then i would do it. (its worth the risk to ignite the chemistry he had with Galchenyuk)

Man i just cant wait to see what McCarron and Sherbak will bring to the team in a couple of years.....

Nail Yakupov doesn't know how to play hockey. I saw him play live a few weeks ago and if he doesn't have the puck, he's lost. He plays inbetween the faceoff circles only and just hangs out on the outlet waiting for the puck. He's useless.

Nail Yakupov doesn't know how to play hockey. I saw him play live a few weeks ago and if he doesn't have the puck, he's lost. He plays inbetween the faceoff circles only and just hangs out on the outlet waiting for the puck. He's useless.

Everyone in Edmonton is useless until they get out of Edmonton. Ask David Perron.

according to Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun, the Habs are Eyeing MIke Green. Not sure if he's what we need, and my guess is that the Capitals would be asking for the moon in return.

according to Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun, the Habs are Eyeing MIke Green. Not sure if he's what we need, and my guess is that the Capitals would be asking for the moon in return.

He's a pending UFA and has fallen out of the top-4 in Washington. Given that and his cap hit (which is quite high, mid-6 I believe), they won't get the moon.

The full Hab-related blurb from Garrioch for those wondering:

There’s a lot of whispers Montreal GM Marc Bergevin has been looking for another defenceman. While the Habs have been happy with the acquisition of Sergei Gonchar, Bryan Allen was sent to the club’s AHL affiliate in Hamilton and last year’s playoff hero Mike Weaver had post-concussion syndrome, returned in December and was scratched for all but one game in January. The Habs would have interest in Washington’s Mike Green and Myers ...

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/01/31/arizona-coyotes-are-open-for-business-but-opposing-gms-wont-find-many-bargains?token=f46bc3c9f11b1e1ad5f8815d4caabe1f

For those wondering about Vermette/O'Reilly, take a look at the reported asking prices in there. Yikes.

Guest Stogey24

He's a pending UFA and has fallen out of the top-4 in Washington. Given that and his cap hit (which is quite high, mid-6 I believe), they won't get the moon.

The full Hab-related blurb from Garrioch for those wondering:

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/01/31/arizona-coyotes-are-open-for-business-but-opposing-gms-wont-find-many-bargains?token=f46bc3c9f11b1e1ad5f8815d4caabe1f

For those wondering about Vermette/O'Reilly, take a look at the reported asking prices in there. Yikes.

Bergevin is a slick dude. Maybe he can work some magic.