Scratches: Brian Dumoulin, Bobby Farnham*, Scott Harrington

Team Leaders Montreal Pittsburgh

Game Notes

Goals Pacioretty (15) Malkin (17) Puck Drop: 7:00 PM EST
Assists Subban (18) Crosby (31) National TV: City, TVA Sports
Points Pacioretty (29) Malkin (43) Regional TV: Root
PIMS Prust (78) Downie (137) English Radio: TSN 690
+/- Pacioretty (+18) Ehrhoff (+16) French Radio: FM 98.5

Penguins will be out to prove that wasting their first round pick on David Perron was a smart move.

If he plays, that is. They're sorting through work visa stuff and if that doesn't get done, he won't play. (They're hoping to have it done by the afternoon but you never know.)

I like this deal for both clubs. I think it is a smart move to get Perron integrated into system early so he and his teamates are not learning about each other, immediately going into playoffs. I don't think Vanek ever got acclimated last year. Go Habs Go.

I like this deal for both clubs. I think it is a smart move to get Perron integrated into system early so he and his teamates are not learning about each other, immediately going into playoffs. I don't think Vanek ever got acclimated last year. Go Habs Go.

Vanek and Perron are two very different players. 57 points is Perron's best season at age 26. Vanek had four of those by the time he hit 26, including two 40 goal seasons and an 84 point season. Perron is basically at the point where Chris Higgins was at the same age. And even then, Montreal got Vanek for a second rounder and a good prospect.

Vanek and Perron are two very different players. 57 points is Perron's best season at age 26. Vanek had four of those by the time he hit 26, including two 40 goal seasons and an 84 point season. Perron is basically at the point where Chris Higgins was at the same age. And even then, Montreal got Vanek for a second rounder and a good prospect.

I was more or less suggesting that the add-ons to the playoff runs would probably be better earlier than later. Having said that, Pittsburg goes with strength down the middle and generally their wingers are, where they adjust to the cap. I have no doubt that the goal is to have Perron on one of the top lines. Therefore I expect their roles to be comparable

Well due to injuries and mumps we have a shot at stomping the wingless ones. Let's hope we do. Le Genius does not seem to concerned about tiring Price out and I think he is right. Has been a pretty favorable schedule for Carey. I can't see him tiring at this pace.

So let's see if I have this down now. 1st period - get Carey warmed up, lots of shots by pens, no goals. Habs play around and get loosened up. 2nd- We wake up in the dressing room and come out at 3/4 speed, get 1 or 2 goals, back to the dressing room, 3rd period - guys are in full flight looking for some big goals. They get 2 more and win game 4 to 2. Wingless ones sneak a couple in but makes no difference. P/P 0 for 2. PK: 100% Carey simply awesome, I think he has a chat with the goal posts cause they been very helpful lately. He wants to take them out to dinner but there is no time.

I don't understand it but I really love this system. :clap:

:gohabsgo::wavetowel::gohabsgo:

If a 'clever' lad like yourself cant understand his winning formula, that is something. :nuts:

Can they shut down #87-71, or at least minimize the damage they do?

Looking at their line-up, I suddenly understand why most pundits are saying that the Perron deal is good for the Pens--they are seriously depleted up front.

I am looking for a big game from Les Boys as they tend to play better against higher quality opposition.

Go Habs Go