Jan. 3, Habs vs Penguins, 7 PM

dlbalr

The ROOT announcers are bitchin' up a storm.

"The Pens could have had THREE PP opportunities and they get nothing, just nothing!"

Babies.

Remember Gally vs Jets in Montreal last season? "You know nothing, ROOT announcers"

And by the way... WE ARE GOING TO LOSE THIS GAME.

And now the coaches are whining... Be interesting to see if the refs start calling crap on the Habs, or get annoyed with Pitts.

Well, a Pitts trip and a clear hold ignored...

Lol, Gilbert wide open for the goal...what he hell...

Boys look pretty good to me. Just an outstanding effort considering it's the second in two nights on a long road trip - against a rather strong team to boot.

Emelin with a bounce-back effort for sure. Gilbert also was really involved tonight- maybe he has a better second-half in store.

I hate to bring up Therrien again, but I did notice Johnson pointing out that the Habs do a tremendous job of supporting each other in all three zones and making the 'smart defensive plays that all good teams make.' It's easy to complain about this or that specific decision we don't like, but it's also easy to lose sight of the fact that the team is getting a lot of the fundamentals right - and that doesn't just happen by itself.