Jan. 3, Habs vs Penguins, 7 PM

dlbalr

I was really impressed with the Habs tonight, they played a hell of a game in what was the second of a back to back. I thought they thoroughly outplayed the Pens and for the most part limited Corsby and Malkin's chances. Subban and Markov were really good as was Beaulieu, he seams to be getting a little better with every game.

I was really impressed with the Habs tonight, they played a hell of a game in what was the second of a back to back. I thought they thoroughly outplayed the Pens and for the most part limited Corsby and Malkin's chances. Subban and Markov were really good as was Beaulieu, he seams to be getting a little better with every game.

YEP

I second the motion.

I'll third that!

Impressive game plan by the coach, and execution by the team, Price his usual game changing self, man I could get used to this...

Price solid as a rock, as usual. Beaulieu, incredibly smooth skater. He is beginning to show some pause in his zone. If he continues like that, he will become the third link of our new Big Three.

I also was very impressed by Bournival and Andrighetto. The youngsters are responsible defensively, fast and intelligent with the puck in the offensive zone. Their contribution is very important; they give value minutes on the ice and this help the whole team.

What a game!

DD looked pretty damn good on the wing as well... gallagher looked real fast tonight and really tough on the puck for such a small body. the team as a whole looked fast. when we play that high 2 man forecheck and defend our end at the blue line as a 5 man unit... look out cause were damn good!

I wss extremely impressed with the Eller Sekac Prust line tonight. Generated the backbreaking forth goal, but more importantly, they played strong on the wall and behind the goal line. They were in possession constantly. That's good checking.

I was at the game - haven't heard what any analysts or commentators have said -

Gilbert was impressive, regardless of scoring. got under Downie's skin - made good choices.

Habs were relentless on the forecheck in Pitts zone - can't tell you how many times Pitt failed to clear the zone allowing for sustained offensive pressure.

Habs PP got better as game went on.

Price is just so solid. You never fear when a shot is coming at him. his cool confidence is contagious.

MaxPac is great at both ends of the ice.

Habs 4th line dominated numerous times forcing play to stay in Pittsburgh zone.

Beaulieu made a number of bad choices and you could see Gonchar prepping to cover for him. I don't mind the mistakes. seemed that Nate got better as game progressed (or at least I cringed less often)

Pitts dominated in the hitting stats, but it didn't feel like they dominated physically at all! seemed even. both teams got a few good hits.

Ifinally, seemed very often the Habs had their preferred matchup line to line. maybe i am wrong on this, but that Pitts just rolled lines and MT won the coaching battle.

good game to be a Habs fan.

• Upvote 1

Thanks you Rob, I like having a "first hand" account of the game ! And yeah, Gilbert was a force, haha, sounds funny saying that but he was awesome last nite... and Therrien was the master of that magnificent game plan, he did a great job on keeping matchups, and using Malhotra to control the zone face offs to perfection... :thumbs_up: He did not look like an idiot at all... :tigi:

Hard not to be quite content with team, playing as they have been.

With; Subban tied 4th in d-scoring, Pacioretty tied 14th in goals (and +20), Galchenyuk on 57point pace, 3rd best team defense, 5th best 5-on-5 offense and tied for 1st in NHL wins.

Also 'BIG' picture with Bergevin managed team now sitting at 112-64-15, is not a bad record.

All right...whose next to be dismantled! :flaming:

With; Subban tied 4th in d-scoring, Pacioretty tied 14th in goals (and +20), Galchenyuk on 57point pace, 3rd best team defense, 5th best 5-on-5 offense and tied for 1st in NHL wins.

Also 'BIG' picture with Bergevin managed team now sitting at 112-64-15, is not a bad record.

Well said. Whats not to like. Content? Never. :nuts:

Yes indeed. D looks better and more organized back there. Good bounce back game for Emelin and Gilbert too.

I was not able to watch the game last night but a 4-1 pasting of the Pens even with all their injuries is definitely a good night. This team is getting great results, MB has done a great job. We have had very strong defensive results which offsets our not so great offensive results. But they are getting the job done. Let's keep this up for about another 5 + months. :hyper:

Will they televise the parade?

Guest Stogey24

I wss extremely impressed with the Eller Sekac Prust line tonight. Generated the backbreaking forth goal, but more importantly, they played strong on the wall and behind the goal line. They were in possession constantly. That's good checking.

Some of Ellers decision making is still a little questionable, but he's becomes a Puck possession horse

Some of Ellers decision making is still a little questionable, but he's becomes a Puck possession horse

Ya he isn't the offensive threat I wanted when Halak was traded. I still say PG could have done better, but I am one of the few who likes his game. I just think when other teams have a gameplan on you , and they take away the neutral zone and take away your speed, if you can have a big strong line like these guys who can skate the puck and cycle for long stretches, it wears on other teams defense. Then good things happen. They are a playoff line.

I was not able to watch the game last night but a 4-1 pasting of the Pens even with all their injuries is definitely a good night. This team is getting great results, MB has done a great job. We have had very strong defensive results which offsets our not so great offensive results. But they are getting the job done. Let's keep this up for about another 5 + months. :hyper:

Will they televise the parade?

I missed it too...and paradoxically,.. great to miss a great game. More fun than hearing about a bad effort.

Sure sounds like our team.

I don't remember any game this season where Gilbert would have played better than yesterday's...

I thought he'd play noticeably well in the last game too. Glad to hear.

Guest Stogey24

Ya he isn't the offensive threat I wanted when Halak was traded. I still say PG could have done better, but I am one of the few who likes his game. I just think when other teams have a gameplan on you , and they take away the neutral zone and take away your speed, if you can have a big strong line like these guys who can skate the puck and cycle for long stretches, it wears on other teams defense. Then good things happen. They are a playoff line.

Yup, the down low cycle game is huge. Solid 3rd line for sure. I still think Prust should be on fourth lime though. I love his game, but the skill isn't there every game

huge win by our boys last night. The fact that they had played the night before makes it ever more impressive! Keep up the good work, we have two tough games coming up this week.

I really like how MT is working Bournival and Andrighetto into the line-up. Our fourth line is defensively responsible and has some serious gas on the forecheck. They also have some offensive ability which is a bonus

I like the two of them playing together. Both are wasted playing with the one dimensional malhotra.

I really like how MT is working Bournival and Andrighetto into the line-up. Our fourth line is defensively responsible and has some serious gas on the forecheck. They also have some offensive ability which is a bonus