Jan. 3, Habs vs Penguins, 7 PM

dlbalr

I am a Prust fan and 3rd line icetime works for me.

(dlbalr not so keen and of course makes a good case for him not being on 3rd line, but screw that let him play more :nuts:)

Hard to argue in light of how Ghetto and Bournival have been playing, but I would like to see Habs play Prust 4th line, and we need to add a bigger/tougher player for the last part of the season to play reliable minutes on that 4th line with Prust. Andrighetto is not the piece we need there, Bournival is 3rd line guy....

Sure is nice to see such a habby bunch of habbies. And with good reason it sounds.

Prust has made me a big Prust fan too Don though where and how he should be played I will happily leave to

some of the guys here like Brian with much more hockey smartitude than I am ever likely to muster..

But I must say that I like the team a lot and like the way needed changes are being implemented very respectfully of the dignity and pride of the players.. no great spirit squelching visible from here.

And don't worry about the PP. It will happen.

And ain't it a grand thing to be a Habs fan.

I too am a huge Prust fan, in fact I thought that he would be the ideal choice for Habs captain..then I thought of the durability issues, and had to detract the idea. Glad to see him staying healthy now though *knock on wood*

all this talk and nobody seems to mention that MT didn't shy away from playing galchenyuk vs the best centre in hockey? crosby, and eller played a handful of minutes against malkin... chuck didn't stand out but didn't hurt us either! crosby didn't do much but alot of that could also be attributed to MT getting markov and subban pair which played fantastically btw against the line...

and how about beaulieau and gonchar... maybe all beaulieau needed was more ice time with a father figure and who else to be a better mentor then the big ol'russian... is anyone on this forum still lamenting this move?? i think not...

up next revenge on TB!!

Nice post, HEART. The fact is that Gonchar has been a very good acquisition thus far. This is slightly surprising, but leave it to Zoot Suit to identify a guy on an expiring deal who has just enough left in the tank to play a useful role as a wily veteran on the blueline, bringing massive experience and leadership to boot - all in return for a washed-up Moen. And the Pittsburgh game is probably the single greatest example for those of us who have been arguing that Therrien really isn't doing a bad job. Whatever specific gripes we may have about specific Therrien decisions, it was simply impossible to watch that game and not conclude that this is a fundamentally well-coached team.

The organization is in fact doing most of the things that people on this board want to see done: bringing Beaulieu along, getting Galy at C, putting DD on wing, etc.. It just does them carefully and gradually rather than all at once. It seems hard to argue, at least to me, that this "ease-'em-in" approach is inferior to throwing young players right away in the deep end. And I think it's safe to say that if Tinordi is legit, we will see him gradually being integrated into the big team in a similar fashion, sooner or later.

Nice post, HEART. The fact is that Gonchar has been a very good acquisition thus far. This is slightly surprising, but leave it to Zoot Suit to identify a guy on an expiring deal who has just enough left in the tank to play a useful role as a wily veteran on the blueline, bringing massive experience and leadership to boot - all in return for a washed-up Moen. And the Pittsburgh game is probably the single greatest example for those of us who have been arguing that Therrien really isn't doing a bad job. Whatever specific gripes we may have about specific Therrien decisions, it was simply impossible to watch that game and not conclude that this is a fundamentally well-coached team.

The organization is in fact doing most of the things that people on this board want to see done: bringing Beaulieu along, getting Galy at C, putting DD on wing, etc.. It just does them carefully and gradually rather than all at once. It seems hard to argue, at least to me, that this "ease-'em-in" approach is inferior to throwing young players right away in the deep end. And I think it's safe to say that if Tinordi is legit, we will see him gradually being integrated into the big team in a similar fashion, sooner or later.

Yes management has been impressive. Gonchar has been better than i ever thought he would. Making the smart easy play, Brad Park like. But as you said this board, and a ton of fans knew it was time for Chucky to go to center, DD down in the pecking order, and NB to start playing every game. They did not rush no, but all three of those moves were done at once. The team is playing much better since. Cudos.

Next....................get the powerplay going!

Guest Stogey24

Yes management has been impressive. Gonchar has been better than i ever thought he would. Making the smart easy play, Brad Park like. But as you said this board, and a ton of fans knew it was time for Chucky to go to center, DD down in the pecking order, and NB to start playing every game. They did not rush no, but all three of those moves were done at once. The team is playing much better since. Cudos.

Next....................get the powerplay going!

Be nice to see Tinrodi up. Has done whole lot of nothing in Hamilton though

Be nice to see Tinrodi up. Has done whole lot of nothing in Hamilton though

Yes that is so. Been to a couple of games where frankly, I was shocked at how non physical he was. Was hoping that he was having couple of off nights, or he was nursing an undisclosed injury? The task for him is to bumb Gilbert the way Beaulieu bumped Weaver. But he will have to come up to see if he is capable.......cant do it wearing a Bulldogs jersey.

Guest Stogey24

Gilbert has played O.K lately and he's a righty. Not too much hope for Tinordi unless someones hurt. It would be nice having a guy on the blue line who 6'7 though