Jan. 6, Lightning vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

well can they live up to their rep as an awesome 3rd period team? :gohabsgo::wavetowel::gohabsgo:

I think they can get one early and make the game interesting.

Did anyone catch Bishop on the ice after the Weise hit with his eyes closed? I bet his life was flashing before his eyes.

He should get together with Gilbert after the game to discuss shoes and interior fixtures.

After the whistle, Subban reached across from the bench and hit a Tampa player with his stick on their bench. That's an automatic penalty and a really, really dumb one at that.

Thanks for the replay. MT has benched him (among others) for less.

I think they can get one early and make the game interesting.

Did anyone catch Bishop on the ice after the Weise hit with his eyes closed? I bet his life was flashing before his eyes.

He should get together with Gilbert after the game to discuss shoes and interior fixtures.

:rofl:

I wouldn't mind seeing DD center the first line for a few shifts. Galchenyuk hasn't created much of anything the last few games. If DD were this stale we would be all over him.

yes, but he would still be centering the top line.

Galchenyuk has been quiet last couple games

Yes, had Max wide open late in game but did not see him? Has trouble at times getting puck to wingers in deep.

I thought Gallagher played a great.

Type of game I would like to see Tinordi in.

Habs battled hard in third.

Wow. That was an asskicking. The score did not reflect how badly outclassed the boys were tonight. Lost puck battles everywhere. Terrible passing and execution, untimely pinches, undisciplined bench behaviour, giveaway every 20 seconds. Tampa had controlled breakouts, strong possession and there defense made it easy on Bishop. The boys were outclassed badly.

Yes but how do you think they played?

Wow. That was an asskicking. The score did not reflect how badly outclassed the boys were tonight. Lost puck battles everywhere. Terrible passing and execution, untimely pinches, undisciplined bench behaviour, giveaway every 20 seconds. Tampa had controlled breakouts, strong possession and there defense made it easy on Bishop. The boys were outclassed badly.

Yes but how do you think they played? :nuts:

They had no luck tonight and they lost. This game is the ultimate reason why they need a power play. If they had even 1 goal on the p/p this is a different game. Had they been able to score on the late power play who knows? I commend Le Genius for pulling Price and going for it. But really 6 on 4 and they can't score. That is pathetic. This team needs a sniper (galchenyuk should stop reading his press clippings.) A top 4 d maybe Beaulieu, jury is still out in my opinion . And a forking power play that scares people for forks sake. Then we can win a cup.

I had some car problems and had to attend to them so I PVR'd the game.

WE had some times when we lost hope a bit and TB can certainly get it together and play well, but on the whole I wasn't too disappointed with our play and of course the comments on our need for a PP are true.

Nice to lose one for a change. ... hahaha... not..

Chicago is real close, but if there's a better team than Tampa, I haven't seen em. Sure some of you will say that we played bad, and were undisciplined, but guess what, we were forced into it by their play. Top teams will expose you..we take penalties, we're not quick defensively, and we have no pp. TBL capitalized on our weaknesses. We're not horrible by any stretch, I'd say we're top 5-7 in the league, but #1+#2 are far better than the rest of us.

Chicago is real close, but if there's a better team than Tampa, I haven't seen em. Sure some of you will say that we played bad, and were undisciplined, but guess what, we were forced into it by their play. Top teams will expose you..we take penalties, we're not quick defensively, and we have no pp. TBL capitalized on our weaknesses. We're not horrible by any stretch, I'd say we're top 5-7 in the league, but #1+#2 are far better than the rest of us.

Been saying that for months.....and getting ripped for it.

They had no luck tonight and they lost. This game is the ultimate reason why they need a power play. If they had even 1 goal on the p/p this is a different game. Had they been able to score on the late power play who knows? I commend Le Genius for pulling Price and going for it. But really 6 on 4 and they can't score. That is pathetic. This team needs a sniper (galchenyuk should stop reading his press clippings.) A top 4 d maybe Beaulieu, jury is still out in my opinion . And a forking power play that scares people for forks sake. Then we can win a cup.

Thing is they seem unable to rectify it. In all the talk, interviews, after game comments, with both players and coach and the term "power play" is not even mentioned. Its almost like.... oh well it is what it is.

Markov must be frustrated. He has been part of a great powerplay for most of his career. How many time have we seen Markov start to come out of his own end on the pp, only to turn back and hit re set because the forwards are standing still at the other teams blue line. They dont seem to have any set puck moving plan. Not one that transfers from practice to game. Habs game actually appears to slow down with the extra man? What the heck put Subban in front of the net?

we're not quite as far away as you've been pegging us though. 5-7th place seems about right.

What i said is the habs are not a "serious contender" when compared to the big boys come play offs.

"Top teams will expose you"

I take you mean the habs are not one of those "top teams" , ie contenders. Which is what have been saying.

kings got into the playoffs on the last day of the season..would being a #8 seed classify them as contenders? they ended up winning their first cup that year. it all comes down to who's playing best(..and healthy!) at playoff time. who cares who's a contender or pretender at mid-season?

• Upvote 1