Jan. 6, Lightning vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

:popcorn: I am just going to watch. This is the most ludicrous nonsense I have ever seen. Every post has to be an attack? Where's Judge Judy when you need her. The only problem with the ignore function is you see the quotes from the individual you are ignoring. So in the spirit of everybody here is a Habs fan, I will apologize to Illwill for calling him an idiot, if I did. There really is no place for me to say that, I really have no idea if he is an idiot, but like 30/31 he takes these things far too seriously and I probably do as well. So illwill I apologize for calling you an idiot. I still don't agree with you, but I see no point to what this forum has degenerated to. :habslogo:

I dont take them "seriously" HR.

No one is saying negative posts can't be made. It's when the points get repeated over and over (both ways, not just negative ones either) that some begin to get frustrated.

There is no right or wrong way to cheer for a team. Some will be more positive than others, some more negative. Those that are more to the extreme of either side will be more boisterous in questioning the others' position while defending theirs. It's not a board directive to only speak positively about the team, it's to each their own. The only real requirement we as a community ask for is that it's done respectfully (bringing up well-reasoned arguments is also a nice plus).

It's okay to have negative opinions about the Habs, no team is perfect. It's also okay to acknowledge that others will disagree with you or disagree to a degree the point being made. No poster should be approaching their time on here as trying to sway everyone else's opinion to agree with them. It won't happen and it's no fun.

It's fine for you to suggest the team isn't a contender just as it's fine for someone to suggest they are. There's no Webster's Dictionary definition for the term contender. Some will feel that as long as the team gets in the playoffs with a top goalie that the team could realistically contend. Others won't equate contention until the team is more dominant. Accordingly, there's bound to be some disagreement. Don't take offence to it; it should never get to the point where it's personal. Make your points and counterpoints and when they're made, move on to the next topic or at least until someone else makes a counterpoint to one of yours. That's the best way to have quality discussions which is what we as a community need to work towards getting back to.

• Upvote 2

Ok the holiday season is over, some may have been a bit on edge and it showed here on the forum....so can we now get back to a legitimate discussion?

- Is the top line missing something?

- PP, operate from the halfwall, trigger man high slot since the pk are keying on our D?

-Tinordi..yes, no, or not yet?

- Mid-season grades: Offense, Defense, Special teams, Goaltending (no brainer) and last but not least, Coaching

-Tinordi..yes, no, or not yet?

- Mid-season grades: Offense, Defense, Special teams, Goaltending (no brainer) and last but not least, Coaching

It'll be a not yet for Tinordi - he took a hard punch in a fight tonight and was bleeding a lot, he needed help getting off the ice. Needless to say, he didn't return.

As for the grades, we'll have our usual quarterly grades on the site...starting probably sometime next week for the 2nd quarter.

No one is saying negative posts can't be made. It's when the points get repeated over and over (both ways, not just negative ones either) that some begin to get frustrated.

There is no right or wrong way to cheer for a team. Some will be more positive than others, some more negative. Those that are more to the extreme of either side will be more boisterous in questioning the others' position while defending theirs. It's not a board directive to only speak positively about the team, it's to each their own. The only real requirement we as a community ask for is that it's done respectfully (bringing up well-reasoned arguments is also a nice plus).

It's okay to have negative opinions about the Habs, no team is perfect. It's also okay to acknowledge that others will disagree with you or disagree to a degree the point being made. No poster should be approaching their time on here as trying to sway everyone else's opinion to agree with them. It won't happen and it's no fun.

It's fine for you to suggest the team isn't a contender just as it's fine for someone to suggest they are. There's no Webster's Dictionary definition for the term contender. Some will feel that as long as the team gets in the playoffs with a top goalie that the team could realistically contend. Others won't equate contention until the team is more dominant. Accordingly, there's bound to be some disagreement. Don't take offence to it; it should never get to the point where it's personal. Make your points and counterpoints and when they're made, move on to the next topic or at least until someone else makes a counterpoint to one of yours. That's the best way to have quality discussions which is what we as a community need to work towards getting back to.

Cool

It'll be a not yet for Tinordi - he took a hard punch in a fight tonight and was bleeding a lot, he needed help getting off the ice. Needless to say, he didn't return.

As for the grades, we'll have our usual quarterly grades on the site...starting probably sometime next week for the 2nd quarter.

You know, I've never even thought twice about the possibility that removing fighting from hockey was in any way, shape or form a good idea. But if everyone's best fighters are getting severely injured, and I repeat, severely, injured, then the debate starts to make a lot more sense. Is it only us? Parros? Tinordi? He'd probably be our best fighter if he were up. Does this happen to other teams? The purpose of fighting is to remove liberties that are taken at our star players. Some of these liberties could lead to injuries, so we have fighting to prevent that if the refs won't do their jobs. But now the fighters are getting severely injured themselves. Are they any less human than the star players? I still want fighting and a lot of that probably has to do with the fact that I'm a traditionalist but let's think about it for a second. On the other hand, maybe it's always been this way.

As I said on Bulldogs thread;

Tinordi got tagged tonight.

And getting dropped by good punch will happen to fighters...live by sword ... it will happen to 100% of fighers, sooner or later.

(but as soon as he was hit they were calling for trainer, he was KOed! just hope no long term impact.)