Habs at the All-Star Game

dlbalr

The NHL will name the remaining players to the upcoming All-Star game later today. Which Habs will have the 'honour' of wearing the hideous, Mountain Dew-inspired all-star jerseys?

asg15-split-jersey-unveil-widget.jpg

One would think Price is a lock but that the Habs are where they are in the standings suggests they may get another participant. Has Subban done enough to make it despite having what most would agree is a down season? Will Pacioretty get a nod as he's once again up there as one of the higher-scoring left wingers in the league?

The NHL will name the remaining players to the upcoming All-Star game later today. Which Habs will have the 'honour' of wearing the hideous, Mountain Dew-inspired all-star jerseys?

One would think Price is a lock but that the Habs are where they are in the standings suggests they may get another participant. Has Subban done enough to make it despite having what most would agree is a down season? Will Pacioretty get a nod as he's once again up there as one of the higher-scoring left wingers in the league?

Ok now those jerseys are just silly.

those are some ugly uniforms!!!

I think Subban was born to be in the All Star game.

I hate to say this but I don't think Subban will wear that jersey unless they tell him it is a joke on bettman or something. He has too much class and style for that crap. :D

The fan voting is, and always has been, a joke.

Yes it has...and I felt that way when many Montreal fans were stuffing the ballot boxes with all Habs a few years back when the ASG was in Montreal. It's funny to see the outrage (elsewhere, not here) when in all likelihood, many of those same people mad now were the ones going crazy voting for the Habs back then.

Can't believe Subban isn't going

Everyone has to have a representative so there are lots of prominent players who got snubbed.

I like that PK isn't going. He's been 'very good' this year, but he hasn't been grade-A PK. Maybe the snub will crank him up a little bit.

Pacioretty ought to be there, he is an absolute stud NHL winger that any team would be ecstatic to acquire.

I agree he really hasn't earned a spot. However, I would say he has been good - not very good. The main reason is probably because of the shackles MT has put on him. He has become a much more passive player. No longer physically imposing. Offensively isn't the same threat. But he TRIES to make the safe play.

I think MT, would have turned bobby Orr into Craig Ludwig and rob neidwrmeyer into Lyle odelin.

I like that PK isn't going. He's been 'very good' this year, but he hasn't been grade-A PK. Maybe the snub will crank him up a little bit.

Pacioretty ought to be there, he is an absolute stud NHL winger that any team would be ecstatic to acquire.

The all star game was made for guys like PK.

He's probably happy to have the time off. Pacioretty will be, he's got family to worry about.

I can't say Ive missed the ASG the last two years.

Maybe that is why they have those lovely jerseys, since the whole thing is a joke, dress em like clowns. PK would love that.

The all star game was made for guys like PK.

He's probably happy to have the time off. Pacioretty will be, he's got family to worry about.

I can't say Ive missed the ASG the last two years.

PK will probably use the time off to surprise a bunch of kids again. The man can't rest!

I haven't heard one comment anywhere about someone liking the jerseys. That being said, I like the jerseys

Me too, they have a new look, and look nothing like any team jersey in the NHL.

Prolly lots of peeps walking around with Dale Earnhart jackets, hats, and license plates, that don't like the jersey... and that's just wrong! :monkey:

The jerseys are a joke, the all-star game is a joke - so they're perfect for each other.

I don't know why the NHL doesn't just use the 'Winter Classic' as its de facto all-star game and drop the whole farce of multi-millionaires playing Stick and Puck Day at the local arena. Combine the Classic with an 'all star skills competition' if you must, but spare us this gigantic waste of time.

I don't know why the NHL doesn't just use the 'Winter Classic' as its de facto all-star game and drop the whole farce of multi-millionaires playing Stick and Puck Day at the local arena. Combine the Classic with an 'all star skills competition' if you must, but spare us this gigantic waste of time.

That's actually a great idea. Sort of a throwback to shinny on the pond, since nobody tries anyway. Although I"m sure they have their reasons why they have a game specifically on Jan. 1