Habs at the All-Star Game

dlbalr

To me it's a wasted weekend for the NHL, and another shoves hockey another week into June, when I have to leave fishing early to get home for Habs playoff game...

Spring fishing season is a great time for Leaf fans, but not Hab fans! ;)

To me it's a wasted weekend for the NHL, and another shoves hockey another week into June, when I have to leave fishing early to get home for Habs playoff game...

Spring fishing season is a great time for Leaf fans, but not Hab fans! ;)

Golf as well, the leafs are have low handicaps.

That's actually a great idea. Sort of a throwback to shinny on the pond, since nobody tries anyway. Although I"m sure they have their reasons why they have a game specifically on Jan. 1

They want New Years to be associated with the NHL like Thanksgiving is with football and the NBA is with Christmas.

He won't be doing much. The rookies participate in some of the skill drills, that's it. There's not a lot of potential 'wow' moments in there.

And let's face it, if there were any "wow" moments, Jiri the Dangling Machine would blow them skating around the perimeter at breakneck speed and lose the puck.

• 2 weeks later...

Sid and Malkin both out of All Star game. I know there both centres, but does Pac get a call??

Filip Forsberg got Malkin's spot. With Detroit not having a rep (Howard was named but is hurt), I wonder if they may try to add a Red Wing.

And let's face it, if there were any "wow" moments, Jiri the Dangling Machine would blow them skating around the perimeter at breakneck speed and lose the puck.

or try a weak shot from a ridiculous angle. er uh sorry, thats Plekanics play.

spending two days in Nobleton at his parents then golfing in florida with friends.

Nobleton? I spent a Thanksgiving in Inverness, close to there, he's in for a quiet/anonymous weekend.

They replaced Erik Johnson with Ekblad. Yawn. Ekblad is great and that, but this is an "All-Star" game, not an "All-Steady" game. I can't imagine how he will contribute in any way to the entertainment value. They really screwed this up. (As much as I hate to be a weenie that complains about the ASG)

Just so people understand what's going on, the reason why guys like Pacioretty, Backstrom and Subban are not getting calls is because the NHL announces these picks so early. The players tell the league if they are going on vacation and when they do? They can't get picked for the ASG.

Nobleton? I spent a Thanksgiving in Inverness, close to there, he's in for a quiet/anonymous weekend.

They replaced Erik Johnson with Ekblad. Yawn. Ekblad is great and that, but this is an "All-Star" game, not an "All-Steady" game. I can't imagine how he will contribute in any way to the entertainment value. They really screwed this up. (As much as I hate to be a weenie that complains about the ASG)

cant screw up the all star game.............. it has been a non event for anyone not in it for years

Guest Stogey24

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-stars-gopro-p-k-subban-joanthan-toews-sidney-crosby-patrick-kane-t-j-oshie-henrik-lundqvist/

Yup