Jan. 14, Montreal vs Columbus, 7 PM

dlbalr

Pleks is playing lots of minutes cause he is the only truly reliable centre we have right now. .

Yes, that's what I've been saying in this thread. MT may be 'overusing' him, but do we really believe that DD or Lars Eller or Manny Malholtra are going to be equally effective/productive with those minutes? I doubt it.

Yes, that's what I've been saying in this thread. MT may be 'overusing' him, but do we really believe that DD or Lars Eller or Manny Malholtra are going to be equally effective/productive with those minutes? I doubt it.

and tp scores ! bout time. :nuts:

Moi aussi

The new top line had some good moments early. They're about the only of the top three lines to stand out (the fourth looks good though). I think it was a good no-goal call, it was about 98% in but not all the way. It was just one of a few bad breaks that period, the Price thing being another, as was Subban pinning a player against Price which prevented him from getting out to make the save on their goal.

The pairing of Markov and Subban may need to be split up for a little bit. They are way too comfortable playing together and that's not a good thing. Both are playing very casual in their own end; they have the confidence that the other will cover for him. While that last bit is nice, it wouldn't be necessary if they played a little sharper in their own zone. Usually, the way to spark that is to put them with other partners for a bit. If you look at Columbus' chances, most of them have come when they're out there and often as a result of a poor decision that I don't think would happen if they weren't too comfortable with each other.

Agree with the Subban Markov split up. Atleast for awhile.

"the new top line" Is now the old top line.