Carey Price..Hart Trophy?

ICEWATER77

Price for MVP!!

He should have won it last year. Taking the habs to the semis, winning the gold medal................and my personal favorite, shutting out the Americans on the big stage at the 014 games. :canada: NHL, Montreals and Team Canadas best player last season.

THATS AN MVP

He will win it this season.

Well there we have it guys, your NHL mvp for the 14'-15' season. Thread closed

its a "prediction" by one guy.... get a dictionary if that helps

MVP? Highly unlikely..

Conn Smythe on the other hand, different story.

Ya know I am just fine with him winning the Conn Smythe. In the last 50 years there have been 15 goalies that have won the playoff MVP. Of that 12 teams won the Stanley cup and 3 lost. Fork the Hart let's go for the Conn Smythe. I like them odds. They won't let him win the Hart anyway.

its a "prediction" by one guy.... get a dictionary if that helps

Illwill cannot handle anybody saying something positively. He doesn't realize that it does not matter if anybody else agrees it is simply your heartfelt belief. You have to understand, 30/31 along with your too many posts you are a passionate Habs fan but you must be more circumspect for some of the posters on here who have little or no sense of humor.. :rolleyes:

Just a reminder to all that personal attacks and name-calling will not be tolerated on this forum. Let's keep things civil, ok?

Just a reminder to all that personal attacks and name-calling will not be tolerated on this forum. Let's keep things civil, ok?

And may I ask what exactly you are referring to? I did not see any name calling. Did I miss something?

I wrote the post and there wasn't any name calling in it. What exactly is the line that can't be crossed around here? Habs rule can write a post directed towards me and not referring to anything of substance about the thread but I can't write that him and 30/31 are more than just friends (to paraphrase my original post)

I wrote the post and there wasn't any name calling in it. What exactly is the line that can't be crossed around here? Habs rule can write a post directed towards me and not referring to anything of substance about the thread but I can't write that him and 30/31 are more than just friends (to paraphrase my original post)

Check your PM.

Illwill cannot handle anybody saying something positively. He doesn't realize that it does not matter if anybody else agrees it is simply your heartfelt belief. You have to understand, 30/31 along with your too many posts you are a passionate Habs fan but you must be more circumspect for some of the posters on here who have little or no sense of humor.. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the heads up. Will proceed accordingly.

Ya know I am just fine with him winning the Conn Smythe. In the last 50 years there have been 15 goalies that have won the playoff MVP. Of that 12 teams won the Stanley cup and 3 lost. Fork the Hart let's go for the Conn Smythe. I like them odds. They won't let him win the Hart anyway.

Con smythe is the ultimate individual award. Will begin to approach that middle of the second round. :thumbs_up:

I guess your definition of amazing is different from mine. He would have to go like 23-4-2, 1.80 GAA, 9.50 SV and 6 shutouts down the stretch to be seriously considered.

Well he is off to a great start haha

Take one player off each team. Their most important. Which team plummets most? Montreal probably not in the playoff picture - all due respect to the skaters. They are not well enough coached as a unit to win without Price. Despite an abundance of talent, we scramble nightly in our own zone. Price is, IMHO, *easily* the league MVP. Shouldn't even be close.

Now, better question: imagine how good the Habs could be with a coach that preached a better defensive system? :P

Poor Pekka Rinne gets no love. It's easy to watch Price game in and game out because he plays on our favorite team, but it's easy to overlook what Rinne means to first place Nashville. Nobody predicted the year that they are having, and him getting injured means he sort of got lost in the Hart/Vezina conversation.

Rinne - 30-7-2

Backups - 5-5-4

Believe me, I am one of the biggest Price fans there is, but don't forget about all the other great players in the league. Carey is no question the Habs MVP but there are 29 other teams that also have an MVP on their team.

• Upvote 1