DON

Things I noticed this game:

Subban is pure entertainment no matter what he does

Plekanec is the king of missing the net wide and then out of the zone

Smith-Pelly flipped the playoff switch and is a wrecking ball

Price is a bit tentative

Pacioretty seemed a step slower

The powerplay is looking great, lots of pressure

Stone took a chop at Subban's hands when he was rushing with the puck, no big deal

Watch Subban's goal again.

Watch Hammond on that goal.

Okay, i'm not saying the goal was soft. I don't think Hammond was stopping it no matter what he did.

But watch him again. Watch his reaction to the shot.

Why would a goalie try to duck out of the way of a shot? Shouldn't his natural instinct be to get in the way? The only thing I can think of is he might have ducked in the worry that it went off the crossbar and didn't want it bouncing off the back of his head into the net -- but he didn't have time to think that. I really think he tried to duck out of the way of Subban's shot. Which... seems very wrong.

I don't think think there is anything wrong with him ducking... he was trying to avoid a micro-fracture.

• Upvote 1

Just finished up my bachelor degree and headed home to watch game 2 with my Dad. Couldn't ask for much better than a 3-2 OT win! Life is good.

Loved DSP, just for his scoring chances. I wish he could have buried a few but at least he's noticeable. Chucky rewarded for a nights worth of close calls too! Subby and Patches scoring tops it off.

Indeed, Great evening. Congrats.

Now win at least one game in Ottawa and I will be calm about this series.

DSP is great. By the way Sekac was a healthy scratch in Game 1 against Jets. Finally I don't miss him.

I love Subban's interview with Renaud Lavoie after the game (especially part which he mentions Ms. Elise Beliveau).

The fry guys are half done. Everyone knows the Hamburgler always was caught by the end of the ad. All the Hens fans can do now is Grimace and watch.

• Upvote 1

I don't think they can, Anderson is still banged up, and hasn't played since January. They gotta go with the one who got you here. jmo

I think Anderson played a couple of games in March when they wanted to give Hammond a bit of a rest. He didn't play particularly well though.

Okay, i'm not saying the goal was soft. I don't think Hammond was stopping it no matter what he did.

Why would a goalie try to duck out of the way of a shot? Shouldn't his natural instinct be to get in the way? The only thing I can think of is he might have ducked in the worry that it went off the crossbar and didn't want it bouncing off the back of his head into the net -- but he didn't have time to think that. I really think he tried to duck out of the way of Subban's shot. Which... seems very wrong.

Price did something similar on an Ottawa shot in the third (one that wound up going over the net). He flinched and quickly moved his head just for a fraction of a second which, as we saw on Subban's goal, can be the difference if it's on target.

I think Anderson played a couple of games in March when they wanted to give Hammond a bit of a rest. He didn't play particularly well though.

Price did something similar on an Ottawa shot in the third (one that wound up going over the net). He flinched and quickly moved his head just for a fraction of a second which, as we saw on Subban's goal, can be the difference if it's on target.

Good comparison. Saw that one on Carey too.

Price is a bit tentative

Stone took a chop at Subban's hands when he was rushing with the puck, no big deal

Accurate observations. :thumbs_up:

Just finished up my bachelor degree and headed home to watch game 2 with my Dad. Couldn't ask for much better than a 3-2 OT win! Life is good.

Loved DSP, just for his scoring chances. I wish he could have buried a few but at least he's noticeable. Chucky rewarded for a nights worth of close calls too! Subby and Patches scoring tops it off.

Life is good eh :thumbs_up:

Congrads !

I caught bits and pieces of the game. Did Price look good? The last goal looked weak

The last goal was soft but there were a few miscues/bounces that left him in a bit of a vulnerable spot. Beyond that, he wasn't all that busy. He had a couple of nice stops on Michalek but didn't need to make too many big, momentum/game-changing saves. If I was grading him for the game, it'd be a B.

Guy fires a puck at your head at 140 kms an hr your first reaction is to duck. I don't think he could have got out of the way anyhow.

You are right Brian, again, Anderson played 4 games since jan21 he lost 3 and won 1 in a shoot out. His hand is still heavily bandaged. Maybe another microfracture? I hear those are really bad, doesn't stop you from playing or fighting but makes you roll around on the ice like a complete fool. Also garners you lots of sympathy from idiotic announcers.

You are right Brian, again, Anderson played 4 games since jan21 he lost 3 and won 1 in a shoot out. His hand is still heavily bandaged. Maybe another microfracture? I hear those are really bad, doesn't stop you from playing or fighting but makes you roll around on the ice like a complete fool. Also garners you lots of sympathy from idiotic announcers.

:rofl: All true.

Guy fires a puck at your head at 140 kms an hr your first reaction is to duck. I don't think he could have got out of the way anyhow.

Subban got one just like it (from opposite side) on Thomas in 011 play offs. Game 7 late, tied the game and forced OT. Thomas ducked. Howitzers right beside the goalies are are tough.

Now the it goal by Chucky? Should have been stopped in his sleep.

So happy for chucky on that one!

Price is a bit tentative

Those are all great observations - I'd had many of the same thoughts myself. Nicely put!

Price is playing well, but he hasn't yet settled into a groove. What I will say is that the Habs are playing well in their own end. He's getting excellent coverage, and they're also doing a good job of protecting him, boxing out the slot and making life difficult for guys that are trying to get in his face.

You really can't say enough about Bergevin's moves...his acquisitions have added so much grit to the bottom end of the roster, while Petry is making a MASSIVE difference. He reminds me of Hamrlik when he first came over to us - a calm, all-purpose minutes-eater who adds so much to the blueline.

Midway through the game last night I turned to my wife and said, 'Galchenyuk has to do more if we want to win this series.' Lo and behold!

I love the fact that our grinders beat them last time, while this game it was our big guns. That's the kind of dynamic you have to have to win in the playoffs: if one group of players is stymied, another group steps up.

Those are all great observations - I'd had many of the same thoughts myself. Nicely put!

Price is playing well, but he hasn't yet settled into a groove. What I will say is that the Habs are playing well in their own end. He's getting excellent coverage, and they're also doing a good job of protecting him, boxing out the slot and making life difficult for guys that are trying to get in his face.

You really can't say enough about Bergevin's moves...his acquisitions have added so much grit to the bottom end of the roster, while Petry is making a MASSIVE difference. He reminds me of Hamrlik when he first came over to us - a calm, all-purpose minutes-eater who adds so much to the blueline.

Midway through the game last night I turned to my wife and said, 'Galchenyuk has to do more if we want to win this series.' Lo and behold!

I love the fact that our grinders beat them last time, while this game it was our big guns. That's the kind of dynamic you have to have to win in the playoffs: if one group of players is stymied, another group steps up.

Yes different game, different guys contributing. Very good sign.

I hope or think the experience of two trips to semi finals for 14-79-76-31 and last years run for some others will pay off and keep the overconfidence in check. :pray:

I hope or think the experience of two trips to semi finals for 14-79-76-31 and last years run for some others will pay off and keep the overconfidence in check. :pray:

I'd imagine.

This may be stating the obvious, but Game 3 will probably be the hardest one to win. The crowd will be rockin', the Sens will be going all-out, especially in the early going, playing desperate, knowing it's a must-win. Important that we stay poised and play the seasoned veterans to Ottawa's 'comeback kid' enthusiasm. If we can ride out the early madness, that'll be a very good sign.

I'd imagine.

This may be stating the obvious, but Game 3 will probably be the hardest one to win. The crowd will be rockin', the Sens will be going all-out, especially in the early going, playing desperate, knowing it's a must-win. Important that we stay poised and play the seasoned veterans to Ottawa's 'comeback kid' enthusiasm. If we can ride out the early madness, that'll be a very good sign.

The old saying, your not in trouble until you lose a game at home.

The Sens are in trouble. And they haven't lost a game at home yet ;)

Now if they lose Game Three, they will be more than 'in trouble.' They will be hanging over a precipice by their last fingernail, looking downward at total annihilation.

If the win Game Three, they will have wind in their sails and feel like the Comeback Kid narrative is coming together, and it'll be that much harder for us to do what we should do, i.e., plant this inferior team in the dirt where it belongs.

The Sens are in trouble. And they haven't lost a game at home yet ;)

Now if they lose Game Three, they will be more than 'in trouble.' They will be hanging over a precipice by their last fingernail, looking downward at total annihilation.

If the win Game Three, they will have wind in their sails and feel like the Comeback Kid narrative is coming together, and it'll be that much harder for us to do what we should do, i.e., plant this inferior team in the dirt where it belongs.

Hahaha, right in the dirt, where tue shit apple doesn't fall far from the shit tree.