Habs Players and Management nicknames

JoeLassister

Hi guys.

Don't want to start fights or arguments nor point fingers and such, but I have to let you know that I don't really enjoy reading posts that use sarcastic or straight up insulting nicknames for players, GM, coachs or whoever else that belong to the Habs.

It's not that it necessarily decrease the quality of the posts, but it definitely doesn't increase it either.

Now, maybe I'm alone with this one, but I'd encourage our members to use friendly nicknames or just people's last names instead of someting insulting.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say that this bothers me at a level of about 3, so this is not like I'm about to quit reading and posting here, but it's just become less and less interesting to read posts with name calling towards our players and, especially, GM and coach.

I know that, in the moment, these members of the team we love are not at their climax in terms of popularity, but...

Anyway

Cheers.

:1gohabs:

• Upvote 3

Hi guys.

Don't want to start fights or arguments nor point fingers and such, but I have to let you know that I don't really enjoy reading posts that use sarcastic or straight up insulting nicknames for players, GM, coachs or whoever else that belong to the Habs.

It's not that it necessarily decrease the quality of the posts, but it definitely doesn't increase it either.

Now, maybe I'm alone with this one, but I'd encourage our members to use friendly nicknames or just people's last names instead of someting insulting.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say that this bothers me at a level of about 3, so this is not like I'm about to quit reading and posting here, but it's just become less and less interesting to read posts with name calling towards our players and, especially, GM and coach.

I know that, in the moment, these members of the team we love are not at their climax in terms of popularity, but...

Anyway

Cheers.

:1gohabs:

I completely agree except I would say it bothers me more than a 3 out of 10 and that it definitely does take away from the quality of the post.

Seeing as I'm a principal culprit - I like to give denigrating nicknames to players and managers I regard as jerk-offs - I'll cut it out. I had no idea it bothered people, actually.

Seeing as I'm a principal culprit - I like to give denigrating nicknames to players and managers I regard as jerk-offs - I'll cut it out. I had no idea it bothered people, actually.

If it makes you feel any better, I actually enjoyed it; always got a kick from it. But in the interest of everyone being happy we can probably keep em to a minimum! I think MB deserved one or two though ;)

• Upvote 1

Can we call you chef cause of all that pot-stirring?

Yes, fair to say. However you do see the derogatory comments made about Bergevin, Therrien, Pacioretty and that is fair game, is fair to say is a bit hypocritical to complain about some softball jabs at Subban, no?

(not referring to your post 93, just in general)

I guess I better apologize to you in advance then, JoeLassiter, because there's a high probability that I won't be able to refrain from doing so this season whenever #67 stinks the joint up (which he does often). And rest assured, if Shea Weber looks just 'ok' and PK has a monster season in Nashville, I'm probably going to have to saddle MB and MT with something less than flattering also.

IMO it's perfectly ok when it's deserved. In fact, it's rather therapeutic....holding your anger in is very bad for your health. You have to let it out sometimes so it doesn't consume you.

Yes, fair to say. However you do see the derogatory comments made about Bergevin, Therrien, Pacioretty and that is fair game, is fair to say is a bit hypocritical to complain about some softball jabs at Subban, no?

(not referring to your post 93, just in general)

Yes my comment was complete in jest anyway; I enjoy your pot stirring, wouldn't want you to stop it! No one likes stuff burning onto the bottom right?

Yes my comment was complete in jest anyway; I enjoy your pot stirring, wouldn't want you to stop it! No one likes stuff burning onto the bottom right?

Don reminds me of the rule they had when they built the big wall in the book World War Z. If 9/10 in the council says one thing the 10th has to vote the other. All are raging over the PK trade so he feels he has to defend it. Its a good thing.

Cheers Don, keep up the good work.