Galchenyuk to play centre

Meller93

It's looking to be Markov - Subban and Emelin - Petry though PP2 will be Beaulieu - Petry.

When lines get shuffled, there won't be too much shuffling. It looks pretty clear what we will see:

Patches - Plek - Gally

Eller - Chuck - Sasha

Flash (if signed) - DD - Weise

Flynn - Mitchell - Kassian

DSP

You do remember who is coaching this team right? I mean I love optimism but this Le Genius and his magic blender. I give those lines anywhere from 20 mins to 2 games. :nuts:

• Upvote 1

There won't be too much shuffling before opening faceoff, I should have said.

The top three lines have barely changed since we started exhibition games. Plek-Gally have stuck together waiting for Patches. Eller-Chuck-Semin have stayed together the whole time. Flash-DD are always together, maybe once they didn't have Weise? Heck even Kassian has been regularly with Mitchell. Markov and Subban have been together for the most part. Petry has mostly been with Emelin. Beaulieu has been mostly with Gilbert.

Yes that is true, we have seen what combos they likely plan to go with for sure, I thought you meant after drop of puck vs Leafs.

One thing I am not real keen on, is that Subban and Markov seem to of played every minute as a pair, why not try out Subban - Beaulieu & Petry - Markov as top-4 pairings (maybe they have?)

(because at the very least they will play with each other a little bit, especially when one of the four is out with injury/sickness)

• Upvote 1

Yes that is true, we have seen what combos they likely plan to go with for sure, I thought you meant after drop of puck vs Leafs.

One thing I am not real keen on, is that Subban and Markov seem to of played every minute as a pair, why not try out Subban - Beaulieu & Petry - Markov as top-4 pairings (maybe they have?)

(because at the very least they will play with each other a little bit, especially when one of the four is out with injury/sickness)

I'm 100% on dropping Markov to the second pairing with Petry while Subban tries out Beaulieu. Subban and Beaulieu compliment each other wonderfully on paper via advanced statistics.

• Upvote 2

and markov and subban compliment each other on the ice.....

we can gradually make this change as the habs will most likely start with beaulieau moving up with petry first. I don't think beaulieau is ready to unsurp markov from the top paring yet.

• Upvote 1

WARNED YA I'DE "BE BACK IN THE FALL" BOYS "WOOHOO! 015 / 16 SEASON TWO DAYS AWAY!

Chucky at center . Bout time. Great move......by MB!

The kid at center is one of four things the habs are hoping improve the way the team preforms. The other three are.....

Full time top four play of Nate the Great.

Max (thumbs up to a players vote approach in selecting captain) Pax confidently taking it up to another level.

Gally (best hab forward in play offs) will have best season to date.

Don't want to get off the topic, more comments to come! ( to the chagrin of some I'm sure ) :Bulldogs:

Hope ya ll had a great summer !

• Upvote 1

WARNED YA I'DE "BE BACK IN THE FALL" BOYS "WOOHOO! 015 / 16 SEASON TWO DAYS AWAY!

Chucky at center . Bout time. Great move......by MB!

The kid at center is one of four things the habs are hoping improve the way the team preforms. The other three are.....

Full time top four play of Nate the Great.

Max (thumbs up to a players vote approach in selecting captain) Pax confidently taking it up to another level.

Gally (best hab forward in play offs) will have best season to date.

Don't want to get off the topic, more comments to come! ( to the chagrin of some I'm sure ) :Bulldogs:

Hope ya ll had a great summer !

Ah the excitement of it all.ha ha

Galchenyuk still sucks on faceoffs, didn't he lose everyone in one pre-season game, before Eller took over?

They said he was working on it vs Plekanec &Hudon in practice and getting easily beat by them, so is he is a 40% or less on faceoffs, how long can they go before moving Eller back?

Galchenyuk still sucks on faceoffs, didn't he lose everyone in one pre-season game, before Eller took over?

They said he was working on it vs Plekanec &Hudon in practice and getting easily beat by them, so is he is a 40% or less on faceoffs, how long can they go before moving Eller back?

They can have Eller take faceoffs but keep Galchenyuk at centre when the play is on.

But even with Galchneyuk on wing and Eller at centre they performed very well in 12-13, so will be interesting to see how long they stick with the kid at centre.